F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you guys noticed that NO ONE has been mentioning the crane in their post race social media stuff? This feels a lot like back in Saudi with the bombs when they were instructed not to say anything until internal discussions happened and yet everyone knew how they felt.
Omg yes!

What an absolute tit show of a race today. There is no consistency with the FIA.

Never thought a day would come where I'm agreeing with both Binotto and Horner but here we are.

Carlos's thoughts

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Watching the replay now because I’m a masochist… They’ve cut out the tractor incident?!?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Watching the replay now because I’m a masochist… They’ve cut out the tractor incident?!?
They didn't show it live i think. We only realised because Pierre was angry and someone posted the screenshot of his onboard on twitter

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
They didn't show it live i think. We only realised because Pierre was angry and someone post the screenshot of his onboard on twitter
i think you might be right actually! i was still half-asleep watching that as “live” and i think you’re correct.

i’m still too much in my hating sky brain 🤣

Reactions: 9
I followed the race on here and BBC because of family stuff and I’m still just incredulous at the whole thing. I could write 1000s of words about how fucked up the FIA is and this race was but we’re on our way out for Sunday lunch on a train (not aa weird as it sounds)
I agree with everyone’s comments RE Pierre and the penalty- like what the actual duck.
The FIA are a corrupt embarrassment and the same for Sky too. Wouldn’t be surprised if there is some sort of deal for the broadcasters to toe the FIA line. They were doing it last year after Abu Dhabi. I find it particularly obvious with Karun (aka Karen Horner’s biggest fan) and PDR but today the comments from all (bar Jenson it seems) are just fucked up.

Totally agree with your comments about Kelly @HaloGirl and @e456. The sweeping under the carpet of the racism is just 🤮🤢. But then the same goes with Max and his actions which are just swept away with oh he’s a good driver and Eve thing that Jos did which yes as crappy as a parent as Jos is it’s not an excuse. I’ll see myself out now!

• Heart
I’ve turned it off because I’m too angry to watch and don’t need this on my weekend off. Not gaining anything by watching it. God it hurts to love this sport sometimes 😟

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve turned it off because I’m too angry to watch and don’t need this on my weekend off. Not gaining anything by watching it. God it hurts to love this sport sometimes 😟
i know :(

here is a palette cleanser 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I followed the race on here and BBC because of family stuff and I’m still just incredulous at the whole thing. I could write 1000s of words about how fucked up the FIA is and this race was but we’re on our way out for Sunday lunch on a train (not aa weird as it sounds)
I agree with everyone’s comments RE Pierre and the penalty- like what the actual duck.
The FIA are a corrupt embarrassment and the same for Sky too. Wouldn’t be surprised if there is some sort of deal for the broadcasters to toe the FIA line. They were doing it last year after Abu Dhabi. I find it particularly obvious with Karun (aka Karen Horner’s biggest fan) and PDR but today the comments from all (bar Jenson it seems) are just fucked up.

Totally agree with your comments about Kelly @HaloGirl and @e456. The sweeping under the carpet of the racism is just 🤮🤢. But then the same goes with Max and his actions which are just swept away with oh he’s a good driver and Eve thing that Jos did which yes as crappy as a parent as Jos is it’s not an excuse. I’ll see myself out now!
Ooooh that sounds very unique Miss A. Have a great lunch and let us know how it goes.

Why do Sky always seem to find Horner everywhere? He’s not as popular as they or he think he is. I don’t understand this sudden hold that Red Bull have over the FIA and Sky.
Regarding the budget cap - if teams are going to break it, don’t have one. I don’t seem it has made much difference in the running order. If there hadnt been a cap Mercedes arguably could have sorted the porpoising issue quicker and actually have a chance in the constructors.

• Heart
i know :(

here is a palette cleanser 💙

Our men united by continual team/FIA shafting 🥹💕

Ooooh that sounds very unique Miss A. Have a great lunch and let us know how it goes.

Why do Sky always seem to find Horner everywhere? He’s not as popular as they or he think he is. I don’t understand this sudden hold that Red Bull have over the FIA and Sky.
Regarding the budget cap - if teams are going to break it, don’t have one. I don’t seem it has made much difference in the running order. If there hadnt been a cap Mercedes arguably could have sorted the porpoising issue quicker and actually have a chance in the constructors.
Exactly. What’s the point in a cost cap if it just means certain teams with more money can find a way around it and then continue to spend more money? Might as well not have it at all so at least the smaller teams can spend what they can afford to try improve themselves. Once again, the big teams can do what they want and everyone at the bottom is fucked even more.

• Heart
I was going to say earlier, other than Oscar today and Gunther a few races ago, the only team principal we have consistently seen is Horner. Whether that's because Merc are doing badly (by their standards) and therefore Toto isn't as keen to be interviewed, I don't know, but it seems Redbulls opinion on everything is the only opinion we see week in week out.

• Heart
I was going to say earlier, other than Oscar today and Gunther a few races ago, the only team principal we have consistently seen is Horner. Whether that's because Merc are doing badly (by their standards) and therefore Toto isn't as keen to be interviewed, I don't know, but it seems Redbulls opinion on everything is the only opinion we see week in week out.
Toto hasn’t been here this weekend but yeah generally he only gives a few interviews and that’s it. It could be because of their performance but even when they were doing well Toto didn’t look for the camera and vice versa. I don’t care about Christian Horner’s views on anything. If they have breached the cost cap then he and Red Bull are cheats.

Reactions: 8
Wonder if Redbull "forgot" to write some stuff off under Powertrains. I thought about this the other day...this dude worked for Redbull until the end of last season and I suddenly remembered this clip

Reactions: 9
Exactly. If people do criticise her they tend to give Max a free pass and act like he’s some helpless child she’s corrupted. I don’t condone hate for anyone, but how people can sit and say Luisa/Charlotte are problematic people but say nothing about Kelly astounds me. She’s no different to her family and we all know their views, I saw something she posted somewhere (not her Instagram) years ago that was in support of Bolsonaro, exactly like her delightful father

Reactions: 12
i should clarify that nothing i’ve said about jos as a parent was intended to sweep over the racism and the people he surrounds himself with now. i only bring it up as part of wider feelings on max’s personality, not to excuse anything. i’m sorry if it ever came across as such 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 11
i should clarify that nothing i’ve said about jos as a parent was intended to sweep over the racism and the people he surrounds himself with now. i only bring it up as part of wider feelings on max’s personality, not to excuse anything. i’m sorry if it ever came across as such 💙
We all know that was never what you or any of us meant, dw beaut! 💕 People are shaped by those around them so it’s always worth discussing his background, doesn’t excuse him but it’s always worth bringing up of course!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I understand you completely ❤ to me, Jos has affected Max more in ways like the way he speaks to the team on the radio, the general lack of respect he seems to have for other drivers. Much more the on track stuff than the off. He definitely hasn’t helped, and I think everyone here is of that same mindset

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We all know that was never what you or any of us meant, dw beaut! 💕 People are shaped by those around them so it’s always worth discussing his background, doesn’t excuse him but it’s always worth bringing up of course!
thank you 💙 i hope so! i do get carried away with my psycho-analysis sometimes, and i know i’ve gone all in on max, but i don’t think he’s perfect and agree he shouldn’t get an easy ride because of his past. i agree with the comments about kelly too. i think i maybe did i unintentionally minimise it!

ultimately whenever i think of max now i’m going to think of him on a red velvet armchair, with a fake fur throw, being forced to stare at imagery of himself, alone. that could be a metaphor for something but i’m too tired to think of it 🤣🤣

and in more lovely seb footage:

• Heart
Sebs been the only joy this entire race weekend tbh. To see him so happy has been lovely, he’s had so much support here💚

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.