F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

(there’s green lights on seb’s car, right? what an absolute mess)
Yeah, there was the tractor thing, the green light, the marshal that was sent out, gaslighting Pierre, ending the race too early, giving Charles a penalty quicker than Checo could say “safety car”, starting the race in the first place, completely disregarding that the midfield had visibility concerns - did I miss anything?

And from Sky’s side we had more Pierre gaslighting, investigating drivers about Jules without any empathy, the “language barrier” and the “Thank God it’s not Charles but Carlos crashing”

Ugh glad there’s no race next week.

Reactions: 8
I'll be honest, Pierre should have checked his speed, especially in those conditions....I'll concede that much. But we all know that tractor shouldn't have been there and the absolute arrogance of the FIA in refusing to acknowledge they were wrong is just exhausting. Today has been an absolute tit show because of them. Again. And because it's been a tit show no one quite knows how to react despite Max becoming WDC again and the fact that the small amount of racing that we DID get was pretty exciting.
Also can we just take a moment to announce Checo as Wingman of the season AGAIN. Seriously, he helped Max win last year and he did it again this year! The least Max can do is help that man win in Mexica.
fully agree with you - i think they’re two separate incidents (the speeding and the tractor) which the fia are now trying to combine because it makes pierre almost a scapegoat for their own ineptitude. there was a marshall there too! i mean! absolutely crazy and a complete lack of care.

checo is teammate of the year.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Off topic but I can’t cope if this wee darling has no seat next year
@CeCesworld and I are already manifesting and praying to all kind of higher gods that he'll have a seat next year.

Tonight I'll be burning a bonfire and do some witchcraft to see if it will work, tomorrow I'll be sacrificing to the Viking God's, and so on 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
fully agree with you - i think they’re two separate incidents (the speeding and the tractor) which the fia are now trying to combine because it makes pierre almost a scapegoat for their own ineptitude. there was a marshall there too! i mean! absolutely crazy and a complete lack of care.

checo is teammate of the year.
All of this - two complete separate incidents. You can think Pierre was going too fast and also think it’s disgusting that the tractor was there. I’m bleeping furious that he’s being turned into a scapegoat. It’s not Mario Kart, they shouldn’t be expected to dodge obstacles at any speed!!

Just watching his interview on Sky, he looks really shaken up 😟

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'll be honest, Pierre should have checked his speed, especially in those conditions....I'll concede that much. But we all know that tractor shouldn't have been there and the absolute arrogance of the FIA in refusing to acknowledge they were wrong is just exhausting. Today has been an absolute tit show because of them. Again. And because it's been a tit show no one quite knows how to react despite Max becoming WDC again and the fact that the small amount of racing that we DID get was pretty exciting.
Also can we just take a moment to announce Checo as Wingman of the season for the 2nd time. Seriously, he helped Max win last year and he did it again this year! The least Max can do is help that man win in Mexica.
Checo did an amazing job. I really hope he gets a Mexico win, even if it’s just to see Papa Perez absolutely overjoyed!

Yeah of course he should’ve checked his speed but I feel like that’s a separate thing from the tractor. Because the tractor affected every driver and not just him, but it just feels like they’re using Pierre as a scapegoat to cover up their own mistake. No integrity at all. So yup, totally agree.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Pierre is PISSED in that interview isn't he? Only just watching now but he looks really shaken bless him.

• Sad
I'm so upset for Pierre. He must have been in shock. The FIA should be ashamed of themselves 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Sky backtracking but still managing to blame the drivers, shocking

Reactions: 12
All of this - two complete separate incidents. You can think Pierre was going too fast and also think it’s disgusting that the tractor was there. I’m bleeping furious that he’s being turned into a scapegoat. It’s not Mario Kart, they shouldn’t be expected to dodge obstacles at any speed!!

Just watching his interview on Sky, he looks really shaken up 😟
i just saw :( it’s awful - he could have hit the tractor but he also could have hit the marshal who was there and on the track (which would obviously have been devastating in a different way). the fia honestly seems to forget that there are actual human beings in the cars sometimes.

but if you wear a nose ring then they will take that VERY seriously 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
I'm so upset for Pierre. He must have been in shock. The FIA should be ashamed of themselves 😡
The FIA have no shame. It's embarrassing.

F1 has never got over Charlie Whiting dying. And the FIA are just getting worse with their stewarding, rule changes, shambolic everything.

F1 needs to breakaway, get Seb and George to sit down and rewrite the rulebook, they both know the current one. And then let Seb be in charge of F1 race direction, stewarding etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
“Ooh what about the marshall?”

WELL DON’T PUT THE bleeping MARSHALL OUT THERE YOU TWATS.

• Heart
And from Sky’s side we had more Pierre gaslighting, investigating drivers about Jules without any empathy, the “language barrier” and the “Thank God it’s not Charles but Carlos crashing”

Ugh glad there’s no race next week.
And I saw once again the moment of Carlos' crash, honestly I feel sick to my stomach, the other cars were going so fast, in this no visibility from their positions absolutely dangerous dangerous situation, I can't even think of it anymore. I feel he was calm in his first interview right away because he was in kind of shock. Also I saw there was a marshall behind the tractor when Pierre was passing it, 100% FIA responsibility.
In both instances FIA provoked serious danger. This cannot happen anymore.
They regulate and check some parts of the cars to the cm or fuel to a ml
and they cannot regulate and execute such big stuff??

• Heart

F1 has never got over Charlie Whiting dying. And the FIA are just getting worse with their stewarding, rule changes, shambolic everything.

F1 needs to breakaway, get Seb and George to sit down and rewrite the rulebook, they both know the current one. And then let Seb be in charge of F1 race direction, stewarding etc.
it’s incredible that they’ve needed three (i think) people to replace charlie and they STILL can’t maintain the level of order that he did.

god i would love for seb to be race director. i wonder if he ever would - he loves the sport but is obviously increasingly annoyed by how it’s run, but he would be excellent and commands a level of respect that’s needed. as it is, it’s not working and is dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

As amazing as it would be to have Seb as a race director, it’s also a tit job to be honest. Don’t get me wrong I LOATHE the FIA but when it comes to stuff like starting the race in the wet or not or whatever, it’s impossible to please everyone and I don’t want precious Seb to get torn to pieces the way Masi was. 🥹

Reactions: 10

Agreed 100%.
I genuinely from the bottom of my heart think losing Charlie just threw them. There definitely needs an ex driver in there who actually knows how these decisions affect the drivers as well as everyone else on track. As someone else said, the fact they have targetted Lewis for jewellery all season (and lets be honest, it IS targetting Lewis) whilst brushing this off is just absurd.
Tbh this whole season has been a really odd one. There have been a few really great races, most have been meh and the off track drama has been insane. I can't quite believe we only have a few races left.

OMG I THOUGHT THE VELVET THRONE THING WAS A JOKE @LaBlonde 😂😂😂😂😂😂

it’s giving me major “sitting alone in the VIP” vibes 😂

1665308400088.jpeg

• Haha
Seb is always spot on with his takes, going to miss his maturity, wisdom and understanding of the sport so much.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
They regulate and check some parts of the cars to the cm or fuel to a ml
and they cannot regulate and execute such big stuff??
This!
One of these is about the life and health of a human, the other is about the competition.
not saying that the rules shouldn't be followed, but really, there are lives at stake when mistakes like the one today is made.
at this point the FIA should really take a long good look in the mirror and look their problems straight in the eye.

They are setting a dangerous precedence with doing tit like this. They have one chance of getting this right now, and that is to lay flat, apologise and admit that they did something wrong. Go home with their tail between their legs.
What's done is done, an luckily no big accident happened, but they need to fix it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.