Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hex

Juries shouldn't be in the contest , ever since they introduced them the show has been very disappointing because all of them are clueless as to what the general public loves to listen and watch on stage

Reactions: 6

AlexTwist

Are they going to have actual ABBA at the final. Can't imagine they are going to miss the chance for a 50 year tribute.
If they do appear, it'll most likely be an ABBAtar performance. The big screen on stage seems geared up for it.

The most we can hope for is the real ABBA walk on at the end of the performance and give a wave like they did at the opening of Voyage.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
The press conference last night was a mess but I’m happy to see the artists making their feelings known

I suspect Saturday will be a hot mess too. No one can disqualify any of these artists now so they can do whatever they like at a certain point

To think simple calls for peace are also now controversial is just -
Peace peace love love huh
They have nothing to lose now and when Israel wins and the show moves to Tel Aviv or wherever, it’ll be over anyway. I hope they all get Palestinian flags out and scream Ceasefire just to make the EBU‘s heads explode.
---
Serious question now, where is Måns?!😂 He normally rocks up to every other Eurovision but he appears to be nowhere 🤣🙈
Oh I bet he’ll be at the main show tomorrow, either opening it or perform after the last contestant. No way he’s missing out on this 😁

If that’s the case, it is unbelievable the bullying a certain country does. This contest is no longer a fair and transparent contest when a certain country is buying votes, rigging the contest and (ironically) jackbooting their way through it all.
We are meant to have free speech in Europe. Being opposed to a genocide does not make us anti-semetic and that country has robbed the joy out of the whole experience.
Their song is an ode to a murderous army after all.
I assume it’s because that question should have been aimed at the people who made threats towards the Israeli entry rather than the entry herself. She doesn’t pose any risk, it’s the people who are determined all Israelis are one homogenous mass and all personally deserve to be killed that are the issue. The conflict is not her fault. It wouldn’t be seen as acceptable to ask the Ukrainian entry if their presence was dangerous because Russia have an awful habit of offing people, would it? So it’s not ok here.

monza

VIP Member
There are no words to describe how nice is to be Croatian ESC fan

Finally, for the first time in my life 😹😹😹😹

May can't get here soon enough but we all want this feeling to last 😹

I like Italy as well, but studio version is much better than live opsieee 😅

• Haha

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Let’s not forget that the main sponsor is an Israeli company, there was absolutely no way they wouldn’t qualify this year. Anyway, congrats to all finalists 😊

• Angry
  • Wow

caremum

VIP Member
Crown the witch! 😄 🇮🇪
The first time I watched it I was like WTF but it has grown on me.

- is an intimate version. They are certainly very talented and very creative. I hope the entry does well but RTE probably praying the song doesn't win.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Just call the whole thing off, say that Israel won so that everyone can move on. The EBU made an absolute mess out of this year‘s competition. Let Israel compete for all I care, they always have. But suppressing critical voices and calls for ceasefire or sympathy for innocent civilians in Gaza - that‘s evil and they know it.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Just seen Israel is now 2nd favourite to win the thing???
Italy leaked the televote and Israel had something like 40% of the televote - Ukraine apparently only had 25% in Italy when they won

Israel has a strong community of people in every country who will vote to show support

I saw someone reason that the EBU’s running order has clearly been designed to get more people to vote for the countries around it - Netherlands specifically are expected to get public support

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
I'm loving:

AUSTRIA: Kaleen - We Will Rave. This is solidly stuck in my head at the moment.

CROATIA: Baby Lasagna - Rim Tim Tagi Dim. I was a skeptic at first, but this has grown on me quite a bit. Will do great with the crowd.

CZECHIA: Aiko - Pedestal. Puts me in mind of Honeyblood, if anyone else knows that group.

NETHERLANDS: Joost Klein - Europapa. This just makes me happy for reasons I can't quite articulate.

SWITZERLAND: Nemo - The Code. Not as much an earworm, but I like it everytime I hear it.

For Dizzy, not sure if they're going a bit far with it. At least people will remember it, but that might not be a good thing. We all remember the girl with the toilet paper bedroom staging, but not for good reasons. I actually quite like how derivative the song is from a lot of 00's pop groups and 80's duos, but I'm having a hard time working out how it will fare against the competition.

• Heart
There were quite a few that were threatening boycotts back at the start of the year but nothing came of it. If a solid group of countries had clubbed together and boycotted I think the EBU would've caved but here we are.

Part of me thinks 'roll on sunday' get this year over. If the EBU are lucky, Israel won't qualify and it won't impact the final as much.