Eurovision Song Contest 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd like to know too ... are any of the other contestants from other countries being put under this pressure?
It just seems all hammered on him. And I get that rhw movement is made by people from the LGBTQ community but there are other constants which fall under the same category

Has everybody seen clips from Olly at the oreparty last night? He looks so over it. There were protesters outside the venue handing out flyers with his face on asking him to withdraw...

Can I ask, and sorry if I sound uneducated. Why is there so much pressure on him to withdraw but doesn't seem to be on any of the other acts taking part
Haven't seen it, but that's sad. He hasn't done anything wrong. He entered as a big name, in good faith. It would be awful if other big acts were put off from entering, because of this behaviour.

Some of the fans are so toxic, and Btw I hate what is happening in Gaza and feel uncomfortable about Israel, but I don't agree with harassing the acts.

Reactions: 7
I think they all have some pressure on them. This was the London party so probably the focus was more on him because he is our representative 🤷🏼‍♀️

Apparently he was meant to go on at 11PM but ended up going up at 1AM and by then a lot of people had left. So the mood may be down to other factors that aren’t just the protests

I actually recon that people are overplaying the effects the protests are having on unrelated artists tbh - Israel excluded as they’re obviously relevant to everything

Reactions: 2
I actually think that Olly may be feeling a bit over it anyway - it must be hard when there’s no real “buzz” about your entry (and the UK song is fine IMO, but it’s just not generating the excitement that some of the other entries are). Olly has always made a thing about how much he wanted to do Eurovision so it must be hard. Even before you add whatever other pressures he might be getting from protestors etc.

That said, of course, Eurovision is often full of surprises so you never quite know what’s going to happen on the night.

Reactions: 6
It’s been bugging me what Dizzy reminded me of but my husband just pointed out it’s ‘she’s one in a million’ from Miss Congeniality and now I can’t unhear it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just listening to the Irish entry for the first time. I either like it or detest it depending on which 20 seconds I'm in.

Reactions: 2
Hello music lovers!

For those who enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at ESC, the flamboyant Swedish man Ola Melzig is back as Technical Director for the 2024 contest and he's well known for his daily updates where he gets to places others can't get to. And being the character that he is, he gets good reactions out of others.

A lot of it is heavily technical stuff like unboxing some of the new lighting they're going to use or the other day showing where the lighting grid motor controls are but some of it is non-tech like today he is preparing meat for the crew food on Saturday.

Thought I'd share him in case he gives some interesting insight into the upcoming contest.

OK Bye! (he always says that and Hello Music Lovers on his clips)

It’s been bugging me what Dizzy reminded me of but my husband just pointed out it’s ‘she’s one in a million’ from Miss Congeniality and now I can’t unhear it.
Interestingly enough, Albania's entry (now revamped into an english language version) was dressed as Miss Congeniality for their national final...

My Eurovision CD has landed on the doormat this morning (because I'm a dinosaur who still uses CDs in the car ;) )

Reactions: 1
I liked the way she, sang it on the National final the revamp is awful

I've finally had a proper chance to listen to all the entries. I seem to agree with the bookies. I like Switzerland, Croatia, Italy and the Netherlands.
Ours sounds so bland. I'm already bored with it.

What is so annoying is when listening to it on Spotify, they don't say which country try it is, just the artist and song title. I suppose It helps to take the song at face value.

Reactions: 8
I really like Switzerland, having listened to the cd it really stands out.

@FenellaTheWitch the great thing about having the cd is they always have the running order A-Z by country, so I can make a reasonable guess who it is ;)
---
Stage is up :)

Last edited:
I‘m so unenthusiastic about this year‘s ESC :( it’s not just the Israel issue, it’s just that I know already that the juries will have a favorite again that they will over-mark in order to override the audience’s votes. You can tell that after Italy‘s and Ukraine‘s wins over the jury winners they wanted to make sure that Sweden won last year and even though I didn’t hate that entry, it was all just so eyeroll-worthy.
I’ve watched Eurovision all my life, had parties and everything on the night - not feeling it this year :(

Reactions: 12
I‘m so unenthusiastic about this year‘s ESC :( it’s not just the Israel issue, it’s just that I know already that the juries will have a favorite again that they will over-mark in order to override the audience’s votes. You can tell that after Italy‘s and Ukraine‘s wins over the jury winners they wanted to make sure that Sweden won last year and even though I didn’t hate that entry, it was all just so eyeroll-worthy.
I’ve watched Eurovision all my life, had parties and everything on the night - not feeling it this year :(
To be fair, we don’t have a big returning artist this year so there’s that

Though it will be interesting to see if Olly’s history means that juries will naturally favour him a bit. His live performances aren’t bad but they’re not outstandingly great compared to some of the other songs, and the song feels dated

I don't really like many songs this year. I think it's really disappointing

Israel will just overshadow the whole thing despite the organisers insisting it's not a political event 🙄

Reactions: 5