Eurovision Song Contest 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is Israel even in it? My mind was blown recently finding out that Israel is in Asia. It's been in Eurovision my whole life I assumed it was part of bloody Europe :LOL:

Reactions: 1
Why is Israel even in it? My mind was blown recently finding out that Israel is in Asia. It's been in Eurovision my whole life I assumed it was part of bloody Europe :LOL:
Australia are in it lol

I've asked this before and it's because they are part of the European Brodcasting Union or something

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Israel will just overshadow the whole thing despite the organisers insisting it's not a political event 🙄
Idk. If they don’t get through to the finals there will be nothing to discuss

it’ll be interesting to see if the others do anything. Some have been making statements about how they can be there for Palestine or represent the support for Palestine voice but it’s not exactly as prominent as Israel participating in general if nothing gets said

Idk. If they don’t get through to the finals there will be nothing to discuss
I'm really hoping this is the case.

I'm excited for next week. There's lots of songs I like this year and I'm interested to see the staging, get gin drunk and become slightly hysterical at around 11pm.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I‘m so unenthusiastic about this year‘s ESC :( it’s not just the Israel issue, it’s just that I know already that the juries will have a favorite again that they will over-mark in order to override the audience’s votes. You can tell that after Italy‘s and Ukraine‘s wins over the jury winners they wanted to make sure that Sweden won last year and even though I didn’t hate that entry, it was all just so eyeroll-worthy.
I’ve watched Eurovision all my life, had parties and everything on the night - not feeling it this year :(
I agree with you I'm the same as I usually get excited a few weeks before it starts but this year I just don't have the same feels that I used to and even the stage looks very uninspiring and boring as it looks very cramped due to the the arena being very small which means that the audience will also look very small. At this moment in time though I just can't build up any excitement for it which is a shame as I usually can't wait for it to start.

I think the decent thing for Israel to have done is withdraw. However, Israel don't think they're doing anything wrong so they won't. I also get that Russia invaded a sovereign state and Israel were defending themselves, so that the difference.

I think the time has come for the ESC to draw up some sort of rules about countries in conflict. It is supposed to be absolutely apolitical but it's unavoidable at times like this.

Reactions: 8
Juries shouldn't be in the contest , ever since they introduced them the show has been very disappointing because all of them are clueless as to what the general public loves to listen and watch on stage

Reactions: 6
Juries shouldn't be in the contest , ever since they introduced them the show has been very disappointing because all of them are clueless as to what the general public loves to listen and watch on stage
Especially when they massively overrate songs that aren't very good and underrate songs that are very good. Here are some of my favourite songs that the jury massively underrated:
Albania 2010 Juliana Pasha It's All About You
Norway 2010 Didrik Solli-Tangen My Heart is Yours
Iceland 2010 Hera Björk Je ne sais quoi
Greece 2011 Loukas Yorkas feat. Stereo Mike Watch my Dance
Georgia 2011 Eldrine One More Day
Switzerland 2014 Sebalter Hunter of Stars
Slovenia 2014 Tinkara Kovač Round and Round
Estonia 2015 Elina Born and Stig Rästa Goodbye to Yesterday
Romania 2015 Voltaj De la capăt
Germany 2015 Ann Sophie Black Smoke
Hungary 2016 Freddie Pioneer
Austria 2016 Zoe Loin d'ici
Poland 2016 Michał Szpak Color of Your Life
Finland 2017 Norma John Blackbird (I still can't believe that this didn't qualify from the semi-final as it was my favourite song from the contest that year).
Croatia 2017 Jacques Houdek My Friend
Denmark 2018 Rasmussen Higher Ground
Ukraine 2018 Mélovin Under the Ladder
Norway 2019 Keiino Spirit in the Sky
Lithuania 2021 The Roop Discoteque
Poland 2022 Ochman River
Armenia 2022 Rosa Linn Snap
Norway 2023 Alessandra Queen of Kings

I honestly think that they need to ditch her background dancers a bit. They look distracting in some of the shots

I think the problem with the jury is ultimately that the things we enjoy at Eurovision vs on the radio tend to be very different. The jury seems to consider the quality of the vocals and the radio-friendliness of the songs a lot in their judging

Though I wonder how Tiktok viral sounds may impact that now, and the fact that many songs seem to be produced for that purpose alone and are generally getting shorter

Reactions: 3