Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've listened to a few of the songs now and love Croatia. That's the one I'll be voting for! 😍
---
See, the thing is Eastern European countries might not like this...I realise this is controversial
Yes I was wondering if this will actually be censored in a few countries. After all it gives off vibes of a gang bang in a toilet 😁
Still at least its not boring 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 7
See, the thing is Eastern European countries might not like this...I realise this is controversial
It’s not that controversial. I found it pretty unpleasant myself. Is that really the best we can do?

Reactions: 8
what a ride the last 48hrs have been. I went from being on an absolute high seeing our staging pics- shocked beyond belief (top 10 here we come) to seeing that clip… more like bottom 5 again. It’s such a shame because they’ve put so much work into it but it’s just too much for Eurovision. It almost comes across as a joke act as opposed to slick. We can also expect to get 0 from every eastern country in the televote and jury. I can already see the Azerbaijan jury putting the UK at 26th place with no hesitation.
---
It’s also very sad for Olly, he’s found all the calls for him to boycott really hard, but just for him to present this and come last?? The social media activists are going to absolutely rinse him after Saturday night. I sound pessimistic but I’m a Eurovision die hard and always want us to thrive but I’m managing expectations. Our press will rip into him, and Europe will not be on board.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Haven't the voting rules changed so the public votes from the moment performances start or something? The halves may not matter as much as they did previously
---

The staging is really good but... yeah

Said it before but it's giving Sam Smith to me and I'm not loving it as a result. Also just finding him unbearable
I’m finding it a bit old hat TBH.

Reactions: 1
I think the situation is not as dire as we might imagine.

A solid train of thought over the last few years is that the reason we come bottom and get nil points so often is because we send unimaginative, middle of the road stuff. Not stuff that people LOVE enough to vote for and not stuff that stands out enough to be noticed.

By sending something (that I do believe is an OK song but definitely middle of the road radio play material that garners a strong reaction we will actually get noticed and be memorable. Yes, some people will HATE it, but others will LOVE it and the staging is definitely stand out in amongst all the sequins and wind machines.

Don't get me wrong, we won't win.... but I do think we'll actually get points watch us now get no points

Reactions: 5
I think the situation is not as dire as we might imagine.

A solid train of thought over the last few years is that the reason we come bottom and get nil points so often is because we send unimaginative, middle of the road stuff. Not stuff that people LOVE enough to vote for and not stuff that stands out enough to be noticed.

By sending something (that I do believe is an OK song but definitely middle of the road radio play material that garners a strong reaction we will actually get noticed and be memorable. Yes, some people will HATE it, but others will LOVE it and the staging is definitely stand out in amongst all the sequins and wind machines.

Don't get me wrong, we won't win.... but I do think we'll actually get points watch us now get no points
I also get this train of thought but I see that more with something like Ireland. Something that you may not like but you still are transfixed. My issue with the UK is that too many people will actually be disgusted lol. This clip doesn’t read controversially artistic but cheap I fear. I personally am here for it but if it was from another country I wouldn’t be voting for it realistically

Reactions: 3
In some of the Muslim countries like Turkey they have cut same sex kisses from the broadcast. Not sure what they will make of Olly.

Reactions: 4
I also get this train of thought but I see that more with something like Ireland. Something that you may not like but you still are transfixed. My issue with the UK is that too many people will actually be disgusted lol. This clip doesn’t read controversially artistic but cheap I fear. I personally am here for it but if it was from another country I wouldn’t be voting for it realistically
At least we're not responsible for Windows95 man.

• Haha
I'm loving:

AUSTRIA: Kaleen - We Will Rave. This is solidly stuck in my head at the moment.

CROATIA: Baby Lasagna - Rim Tim Tagi Dim. I was a skeptic at first, but this has grown on me quite a bit. Will do great with the crowd.

CZECHIA: Aiko - Pedestal. Puts me in mind of Honeyblood, if anyone else knows that group.

NETHERLANDS: Joost Klein - Europapa. This just makes me happy for reasons I can't quite articulate.

SWITZERLAND: Nemo - The Code. Not as much an earworm, but I like it everytime I hear it.

For Dizzy, not sure if they're going a bit far with it. At least people will remember it, but that might not be a good thing. We all remember the girl with the toilet paper bedroom staging, but not for good reasons. I actually quite like how derivative the song is from a lot of 00's pop groups and 80's duos, but I'm having a hard time working out how it will fare against the competition.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Nice summary of the songs by the Beeb:

I agree with all your picks @Millennial Pink and hearing the background of Joost Klein's story makes me love him all the more...

I also like Denmark (Sand), Latvia (Hollow), Lithuania (Luktelk), Luxembourg (Fighter), Italy (La Noia). Honestly, there are very few songs that are stand out bad (looking at you, Windows95 Man) although I think that Spain and Iceland are below their usual standards this year.

I have noticed on Youtube that Poland have been advertising hard as it's been popping up regularly in between my Eurovision playlist.

Reactions: 1
. Ugh by the way Graham talks about it you would think it was 10/10… the thing is it is ALMOST brilliant but where it falls short is detrimental. Just tone it down and we’re top material lol

Reactions: 2
I recommend everybody to watch the new BBC documentary that came out today "Olly Alexander Race to Eurovision" or something like that. A lot of hard work and effort has gone into this entry, it has given me some hope back watching tbh, I think he's going to give it his all. There is footage of the rehersals

Reactions: 4
A lot of hard work and effort has gone into this entry, it has given me some hope back watching tbh, I think he's going to give it his all. There is footage of the rehersals
Everyone gives it their all for Eurovision though. Even the “funny” acts that don’t look like they’re trying to win

Everyone gives it their all for Eurovision though. Even the “funny” acts that don’t look like they’re trying to win
Literally - the silliest of acts take months of rehearsals, passing their national finals etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.