Eurovision Song Contest 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone following the pre-parties?

I’ve watched a few of the performances, read some opinions and I feel completely out of touch with the Eurovision fans this year 😅

Switzerland sounds great live but half of it is also just shouting

Not getting the hype with Ukraine - and I say that as someone who generally likes the group and their previous work

Olly sounded mid. It’s not as bad as I thought it could be tbf, but it’s nothing impressive and the song doesn’t help

Unrelated opinions:
Not getting the hype with Italy, especially when they had much better songs to choose from

I worry the Netherlands won’t live up to the hype live. The guy seems to primarily depend on the vibes of the crowd live and backing track which won’t really translate on to the Eurovision stage.

Reactions: 3
There are no words to describe how nice is to be Croatian ESC fan

Finally, for the first time in my life 😹😹😹😹

May can't get here soon enough but we all want this feeling to last 😹

I like Italy as well, but studio version is much better than live opsieee 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah I'm following, I thought Olly did well last night

However...

FtIF3N2XwAE6CU_.jpg_large.jpg

I kinda miss the chaos of it all last year! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’m a big Eurovision fan & have seen some of the pre-party performances. I was relieved to hear Baby Lasagna sounding so good.

I think the Switzerland entry is really good but it takes a few listens to get into it which could be a problem with voters that just watch the final.

At least the contest is fairly open this year & the final performances & staging will actually mean something.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m a big Eurovision fan & have seen some of the pre-party performances. I was relieved to hear Baby Lasagna sounding so good.

I think the Switzerland entry is really good but it takes a few listens to get into it which could be a problem with voters that just watch the final.

At least the contest is fairly open this year & the final performances & staging will actually mean something.
The pre parties are a lot better than last year in my opinion glad it's fairly open this year instead of the 2 horse face we had last year

Reactions: 4
I've still got everything crossed for the Netherlands! I agree Switzerland is a grower but it's going to come down to staging I think

Reactions: 2
Have people been following the drama around the London Eurovision Party? They have prohibited people from bringing flags because it could block audience view and cameras

To me it smells more like a safety thing because of the whole Israel situation - I expect many people may turn up with Palestinian flags too

I wonder how the main event is going to deal with this mess too

Have people been following the drama around the London Eurovision Party? They have prohibited people from bringing flags because it could block audience view and cameras

To me it smells more like a safety thing because of the whole Israel situation - I expect many people may turn up with Palestinian flags too

I wonder how the main event is going to deal with this mess too
I seem to recall in the Ts&Cs of the tickets in Liverpool last year that you could only take flags of competing nations…

I seem to recall in the Ts&Cs of the tickets in Liverpool last year that you could only take flags of competing nations…
Which would include the Israeli flag... which is going to be seen as a political choice by many

Also may be interesting to see if people will try and find a loophole for that by bringing or wearing things that symbolise Palestine/their flag

I thought this whole tweet chain was interesting too:

Including the reply:

Has everybody seen clips from Olly at the oreparty last night? He looks so over it. There were protesters outside the venue handing out flyers with his face on asking him to withdraw...

Can I ask, and sorry if I sound uneducated. Why is there so much pressure on him to withdraw but doesn't seem to be on any of the other acts taking part

Has everybody seen clips from Olly at the oreparty last night? He looks so over it. There were protesters outside the venue handing out flyers with his face on asking him to withdraw...

Can I ask, and sorry if I sound uneducated. Why is there so much pressure on him to withdraw but doesn't seem to be on any of the other acts taking part
I'd like to know too ... are any of the other contestants from other countries being put under this pressure?