Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like he’d have stepped away from it all by now. Unlike some of the performers I think he had the morals to say “I don’t agree with this and therefore I’m not participating”.
I vaguely remember his last or second last commentary, he just sounded weary and over it. But I suppose he started out in the 70s when it really was a bit of harmless fun.

Reactions: 10
I vaguely remember his last or second last commentary, he just sounded weary and over it. But I suppose he started out in the 70s when it really was a bit of harmless fun.
He needed to go TBH, his commentary had gained a bitter edge to it towards the end and he was thoroughly fed up with the politics of it all. I think Graham Norton manages to continue Terry's tone without the bitterness. I also think Rylan and Scott do a fantastic job.

Reactions: 11
He needed to go TBH, his commentary had gained a bitter edge to it towards the end and he was thoroughly fed up with the politics of it all. I think Graham Norton manages to continue Terry's tone without the bitterness. I also think Rylan and Scott do a fantastic job.
You just know that when Graham decides to put down the microphone, Rylan will be deservedly taking over the role. And he will do such a good job with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've deliberately not listened to any of the entries (apart from our own, couldn't really avoid it) so it's more of a surprise tonight!
We love Eurovision in our house, so we'll be having a mini party! We've got a few nibbles but I want to get some more. So far we've got twinkies flavoured popcorn, sensations crisps and a tub of celebrations. I want to go to M&S to get some of their new cones and ice cream! Yum.

I'm trying really hard to avoid all the politics going on, I know that's not very PC of me but I just think of Eurovision as good old, glittery, cheesy fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Can you imagine what Terry Wogan would have made of all this? The man was apoplectic enough when it was just Greece and Cyprus giving each other douze points..
I would love Terry wogan to be back. He was amazing.

many of you won’t be familiar but we have another bitchy NI man Julian Simmons who used to do the intro to coronation street in Northern Ireland and he was the best sniper ever. I feel like he should present Eurovision as you would all love it
---
They do indeed.

I have seen a clip of them nicking stuff from other dressing rooms on reddit (lighthearted before anyone calls the police lol) it's very amusing.
Post it please! You know I am full team Estonia so I need to see this!

Reactions: 5
Has anyone got any nice snacks planned for tonight? I am going up to M & S and trying to get my hands on some of these new summer collection dips.

I also like Estonia 🇪🇪
Going to a Eurovision party at a neighbours. We each draw a country from the big 5 and bring food/booze from that country. I've got Spain this year, so looking forward to tucking into olives, cheeses, meats and Cava later. 😍
Honestly don't care who wins, just looking forward to having a laugh with my friends later.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I would love Terry wogan to be back. He was amazing.

many of you won’t be familiar but we have another bitchy NI man Julian Simmons who used to do the intro to coronation street in Northern Ireland and he was the best sniper ever. I feel like he should present Eurovision as you would all love it
---

Post it please! You know I am full team Estonia so I need to see this!
There we go...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Somebody has made a very good point what happens to the Jury final votes now as I'm sure many juries would have given the Netherlands points especially when they included his semi-final performance last night in the show. What a mess.

Reactions: 7
My social group find it funny that I look forward to Eurovision every year but it’s my guilty pleasure and I don’t care 😂 wish I had a Eurovision party I could attend 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Somebody has made a very good point what happens to the Jury final votes now as I'm sure many juries would have given the Netherlands points especially when they included his semi-final performance last night in the show. What a mess.
The Juries put everyone into an order so whoever was behind him would just move up in that order

The more confusing thing was the EBU deciding whether the Dutch public would be able to vote at all

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.