• switzerland

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • ireland

Votes: 52 30.1%
  • france

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • italy

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • the netherlands (if he's not disqualified)

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • finland

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • someone else

Votes: 26 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
twatter is a mess, some saying Joost punched a member of the Israeli team, some saying he punched a Swedish journalist, some say the Israeli delegation are going around looking for trouble ... impossible to know what's true

edit: this is about whether Joost is still in or not, not looking for comment on the Israel situation.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Happy new thread!

Here is a great video for everyone who wants to get to know how much of sweetheart this guy is

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've gone for Ireland to win in the poll above :oops:
I like something different, hopefully Estonia, Croatia, Netherlands are in with a shout too.

• Heart
twatter is a mess, some saying Joost punched a member of the Israeli team, some saying he punched a Swedish journalist, some say the Israeli delegation are going around looking for trouble ... impossible to know what's true

edit: this is about whether Joost is still in or not, not looking for comment on the Israel situation.

If Joost hasn’t decided for himself he doesn’t want to participate any longer (as he’s fully entitled to) I feel like it must be something fairly serious for them to DQ him at this stage if that’s what’s happened - the EBU aren’t stupid and know what reaction they’d get if it was “just” asking a question/“just” promoting ceasefire. But punching someone would probably do it, especially a journalist.

Reactions: 7
Someone on Twitter is reporting that the dress rehearsal was a mess and everyone was confused but not sure how true that was

Reactions: 8
I'm feeling a bit sorry for the Swedish having to deal with all the crap going down. The security must be costing a fortune and all they want to do is host a friendly event celebrating their win and hopefully having some Swedish legends like Abba make an appearance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
Apparently the press conference for the big five and Sweden has been cancelled because "the artists need to concentrate on rehearsals". I have to admit from everything that I am reading at the moment it sounds like the whole thing is quickly descending into a farce. I mean the excitement for tomorrow night's show has now been completely sapped with everything that is going on currently.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Can we respectfully ask people who want to debate about the Israel Palestinian conflict to take it to the correct thread.

This thread is to discuss the songs costumes and staging. Please take politics elsewhere.

We want to have some fun here 🥰
I absolutely take your point and I promise I’ll do my best. I’ll get on the wine early tomorrow in preparation.
It’s Eurovision, so of course I want to be talking about Polish milkmaids, strange Maltese dentists and which hot Viking we’d like to manacle to our headboard.
It’s just so frustrating that the actual point of Eurovision has been so horribly overshadowed and the result is starting to look like an unmerited foregone conclusion.

If Joost hasn’t decided for himself he doesn’t want to participate any longer (as he’s fully entitled to) I feel like it must be something fairly serious for them to DQ him at this stage if that’s what’s happened - the EBU aren’t stupid and know what reaction they’d get if it was “just” asking a question/“just” promoting ceasefire. But punching someone would probably do it, especially a journalist.
There are videos showing the Netherlands delegation being harassed by press - that they have uploaded. They seem to be goading certain countries. Also filming them when they have asked not to be filmed. Something has happened, I think Joost punching someone is probably just exaggerated rumour, but who knows.
It's chaos by the sounds of it.

Reactions: 9
I'm feeling a bit sorry for the Swedish having to deal with all the crap going down. The security must be costing a fortune and all they want to do business host a friendly event celebrating their win and hopefully having some Swedish legends like Abba make an appearance.
I did too but then I saw an interview with that guy saying he’s glad it’s back in Sweden where they know how to just because they’ve done it before and I feel less bad

it just came off as disrespectful to other host countries

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I absolutely take your point and I promise I’ll do my best. I’ll get on the wine early tomorrow in preparation.
It’s Eurovision, so of course I want to be talking about Polish milkmaids, strange Maltese dentists and which hot Viking we’d like to manacle to our headboard.
It’s just so frustrating that the actual point of Eurovision has been so horribly overshadowed and the result is starting to look like an unmerited foregone conclusion.
I sincerely hope its not a foregone conclusion who will win. I'm hoping it will be Croatia 🇭🇷

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Again I don't know if it's true or not but apparently a press conference featuring producers from SVT and Martin Österdahl is due to take place at 19:30CEST. This is now turning out to be a complete and utter mess.

Reactions: 6
I did too but then I saw an interview with that guy saying he’s glad it’s back in Sweden where they know how to just because they’ve done it before and I feel less bad

it just came off as disrespectful to other host countries
It could badly badly backfire on them, apart from the general chaos I hope their security is absolutely top notch - it’s a good job it’s not in Lisbon, the consequences of a stage invasion here could be awful.

Reactions: 1
This is a tit storm
---
Allegedly, it’s not to do with Israel and joost hit a female (Swedish) worker

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
This is a tit storm
---
Allegedly, it’s not to do with Israel and joost hit a female (Swedish) worker
It will still be considered to be Israel’s fault I bet 🤷‍♀️

I do think it has to be something big like that if they disrupt the contest by disqualifying someone though

Reactions: 6
So, all the press conferences have allegedly been cancelled or are not in the schedule any more, in fact apparently nothing is in the schedule at the moment. This whole situation is now a complete and utter mess and I am now beginning to wonder if the Final will even take place tomorrow with everything that is happening.

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.