Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Politics aside Israel has the best song and should win.
Politics aside I highly disagree lol but they would be worthy of a top 10.
---
Right so when Israel wins tonight… does everyone just get up and walk away… boo some more… like I actually can’t fathom it- it’s going to dominate all the headlines. Even worse I’m going to feel really sorry for the artists who have been criticised daily for taking part in the contest (and not boycotting) because imagine the reaction from them finding out not only was Israel allowed to take part but they WON. I’m literally scared 😭🤣🤣

Reactions: 7
Politics aside Israel has the best song and should win.
I think it's a decent song but not a stand out winning song. Mainly because we've a glut of very similar songs and staging this year, out of those I really like Luxembourg and Italy.

I still think Croatia have the winning song, catchy, fun, mentions cats... what's not to like 😁

Hopefully it'll be much more about music tonight ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Does anyone know what the full story is with the Dutch guy yet?
Nope… he was approached by some reporters in his hotel and he ignored them. But it seems he hit a camerawoman - what the context was/why we are yet to find out. I can’t imagine what could’ve gone down during the rehearsal 5 minutes after the flag parade that would’ve made him hit a meme we of staff.

Reactions: 3
Israel’s song is so middle of the road and just the type of Eurovision song that could have also been an entry in 2003, that enough people will like it and vote for it. Tonight will be a tit show. I will tune in for the voting results haha 😄

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Nope… he was approached by some reporters in his hotel and he ignored them. But it seems he hit a camerawoman - what the context was/why we are yet to find out. I can’t imagine what could’ve gone down during the rehearsal 5 minutes after the flag parade that would’ve made him hit a meme we of staff.
Yeah. I find the story about them making find of his parents to be a little bit of a stretch. I had to google who he was and the back story after this.
---
Israel’s song is so middle of the road and just the type of Eurovision song that could have also been an entry in 2003, that enough people will like it and vote for it. Tonight will be a tit show. I will tune in for the voting results haha 😄
Why is no one getting on the Estonia train with me?!!! I love theirs!

Reactions: 9

Verbal threats some time on Thursday night

What a mess. I suspect they may use the performance from the semi at this point
---
Meanwhile, members of the Israeli delegation has allegedly been posting some very questionable stories

Reactions: 9
Well this is from De Telegraaf. If they're disqualifying him it'll be very last minute.

1000003799.jpg

Reactions: 4
Has anyone got any nice snacks planned for tonight? I am going up to M & S and trying to get my hands on some of these new summer collection dips.

I also like Estonia 🇪🇪

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

"Swedish police say in a statement that a man (it's Joost Klein) is suspected of "unlawful threats" toward a Eurovision employee; a prosecutor will decide whether to charge that man or not "in a few weeks."

IMO it's not OK for this man to be threatening a woman. If he was interviewed by the police then it must have been reasonably serious.

He can take his Jimmy Saville hair and duck off.

Reactions: 16
[COLOR=%s]"Swedish police say in a statement that a man (it's Joost Klein) is suspected of "unlawful threats" toward a Eurovision employee; a prosecutor will decide whether to charge that man or not "in a few weeks."[/COLOR]

IMO it's not OK for this man to be threatening a woman. If he was interviewed by the police then it must have been reasonably serious.

He can take his Jimmy Saville hair and duck off.
According to Swedish people on Reddit the legal definition of that is simply anything that makes someone feel unsafe/like their life is in danger

We don’t have any information on what he said so it’s hard to judge 🤷🏼‍♀️

I suspect the EBU would have dealt with similar incidents in the past because it’s unlikely that every contestant that has ever performed on Eurovision was the nicest person ever but they haven’t dealt with a legal element being involved hence the difficulty

Reactions: 6
Has anyone got any nice snacks planned for tonight? I am going up to M & S and trying to get my hands on some of these new summer collection dips.

I also like Estonia 🇪🇪
I was planning on trying to make Swedish meatballs for dinner. Not made meatballs before, mind.

Oh my body weight in wine probably.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

---
Meanwhile, members of the Israeli delegation has allegedly been posting some very questionable stories

The Israeli delegation are acting like a bunch of Scientologists.

Reactions: 6
The Israeli delegation are acting like a bunch of Scientologists.
They're acting like they need only turn up to win. If they do win, I would have to question continue following the contest, not for political reasons but because of this seemingly bullying behaviour. It's petty and immature if nothing else.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.