Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I heard (allegedly of course) was he reacted to a member of the Israeli delegation mocking the death of his parents (he seemingly lost his parents within a year and he's still only 26).
If that has been mocked it's disgusting theres no need unfortunately as much as a witch I'll sound he can't control that but he could control his reaction to it if that's the case

Reactions: 1
So if they do end up kicking him out will they promote someone up from Thursdays show who didn’t get through?
Potentially messy too, much like the World
More footage of the booing.

See, this why 70 year old Johnny gladdens my heart, is bless him. Much more innocent times
---
Apparently czechia came 11th and issued a post refuting that they were rehearsing for the final (don't ask for evidence my daughter told me 😉 )
Oh it's the drama, I love it!

Reactions: 3
At least the UK can breathe a sigh of relief…no longer the most unpopular.
(I joke, I joke- I love our neighbours across the water)😁❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This is such sad news about Eurovision, all the tangled policical side lines.....
I love the idea of having a neutral ish song contest, where all the nations can get together and enjoy each others company, so there has always been something endearing about Eurovision!

Eurovision, always had political elements...eg Ukraine coming first a few years ago.... there were a lot of political elements in this!!!, as there have been with the voting blocs in previous years.
But this is just showing that the cracks in Europe are really starting to show. And Ive never liked Israel being included within Eurovision, as Israel geographically isnt a European country! There are just too many countries now in this competition to make it easy to watch, so why add in so many additional non european countries? This year, maybe Israel shouldnt have even entered!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I only usually watch the Saturday final, but what the heck is going on with this? Turin & Liverpool were fun years and felt like escapism that we could all enjoy, this seems anything but.

Reactions: 8
My family is huge on Eurovision. Every year we have a watch party with foods tailored to the host nation 🤣 it’s camp and fun and we love it (and totally accept it’s like marmite!). We were honoured to be in Liverpool last year which oh my word was amazing, one of the best days ever.

This year feels strange. I feel awful almost expecting it to kick off, and to be honest would have preferred Israel to not have qualified (nothing against the poor young singer) due to the tension, security concerns and obvious political voting likely to spoil a relatively lighthearted night.

Now this with the Netherlands, it’s unheard of. So much drama 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 14
the conflict has a separate thread xx
I meant in terms of people insisting that no matter what Joost has done and to whom, it’s Israel’s fault. Ie entirely Eurovision related as it seems he’s likely to be DQ’d for assaulting an SVT production member:

Not battle as in the conflict.

Look, Israel are the root cause of all this tension. They should not be there, and I am convinced the voting was rigged in order to get them through.
This is Israel saying ‘we will do what we want and duck the rest of you’.
There is no joy in it this year, and I won't be watching. I adore Eurovision but I hate the corruption, not to mention the hypocrisy.
A shame really because I really like our entry (Bambie Thug) and was rooting for Croatia for the win, but we all know who will win it. They will probably build a new stadium on stolen Palestinian land to host it as a final ‘duck you’.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
This is such sad news about Eurovision, all the tangled policical side lines.....
I love the idea of having a neutral ish song contest, where all the nations can get together and enjoy each others company, so there has always been something endearing about Eurovision!

Eurovision, always had political elements...eg Ukraine coming first a few years ago.... there were a lot of political elements in this!!!, as there have been with the voting blocs in previous years.
But this is just showing that the cracks in Europe are really starting to show. And Ive never liked Israel being included within Eurovision, as Israel geographically isnt a European country! There are just too many countries now in this competition to make it easy to watch, so why add in so many additional non european countries? This year, maybe Israel shouldnt have even entered!
I don't understand why they are included or Australia 🫠 as neither are in Europe. There's a few others that are questionable too.

This is making me sad 😔 too much bad feeling
---
It'd be quite funny if we still came last 🤣
I think we can beat Germany 😄

Reactions: 6
Look, Israel are the root cause of all this tension. They should not be there, and I am convinced the voting was rigged in order to get them through.
This is Israel saying ‘we will do what we want and duck the rest of you’.
There is no joy in it this year, and I won't be watching. I adore Eurovision but I hate the corruption, not to mention the hypocrisy.
A shame really because I really like our entry (Bambie Thug) and was rooting for Croatia for the win, but we all know who will win it. They will probably build a new stadium on stolen Palestinian land to host it as a final ‘duck you’.
Bambie thug is shite. All of your other opinions are valid .

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I'm feeling a bit sorry for the Swedish having to deal with all the crap going down. The security must be costing a fortune and all they want to do is host a friendly event celebrating their win and hopefully having some Swedish legends like Abba make an appearance.
I just came on here to say this. I’ve just watched the ITV 10 oclock news and the journalist there seemed quite appalled at everything the Swedish organisers are having to contend with. This is what makes me angry. It’s crapping all over everyone who are doing their best to put on a massive show and six plus months of dedication from the contestants.

I usually just love drama (mick) about anything, but this is all getting too much

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.