Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of all the things Israel are accused of is zooming in to a contestant that bad?
if any of these people had any balls they would actually stand up for what they say they believe in. But they don’t and they won’t but they will just try to bully that girl out of the competition instead.
In the grand scheme of things no, of course not. 🙄
But when someone asks you not to take their picture and your response is to film them and put it on the Internet, then at the very least you’re a massive bleeping hole, wherever you’re from.

Reactions: 18
So apparently discussions are still going on, and the event that they have not reached a conclusion the juries will judged a prerecorded performance. Meanwhile Israel is set to obtain a record number of votes as the Israel situation is being conflated with this in global media and people are downloading the app just to support her. LMAO just cancel the show I’m over it.

sorry i just repeated a lot of what has been said already.

Reactions: 6
If he has assaulted someone then that is poor if that is what has happened but it all seems to be random rumours on twitter
The link I shared upthread was to an article from SVT who are the Swedish broadcasters saying they was a physical confrontation from Joost towards the photographer. I think SVT are a pretty good source for this (as would the BBC have been if something happened last year for example).

Reactions: 2
I have seen that too as they took photos of him and his accreditation and then threatened to doxx him.
So, imagining all this is true, why do they think they can get away with this?

Apparently the main sponsor is Israeli owned or at least closest connected.

This is all allegedly of course

Reactions: 3
Moroccan Oil and their brand colors have been the main sponsor for years, this isn’t new, I think that they are an Israeli company is new for many though.

Reactions: 10
In the grand scheme of things no, of course not. 🙄
But when someone asks you not to take their picture and your response is to film them and put it on the Internet, then at the very least you’re a massive bleeping hole, wherever you’re from.
Yeah, I agree but that wasn’t in the video I saw. It just looked like fan girl stuff. I think it was the song writer who took the video I watched. Was zooming in on him but I didn’t see him say not to- maybe there are more videos or a longer clip

Reactions: 1
The crowd were not happy when they made the announcement.
Language use there by the staff makes me think he may be trying to withdraw

You wouldn’t be saying “hopefully he will be back tomorrow” with the allegations flying around

What has actually happened with the Dutch guy? Did he assault someone or not? On twitter it is being said he spoke out about Israel but others saying he hit someone?

What has actually happened with the Dutch guy? Did he assault someone or not? On twitter it is being said he spoke out about Israel but others saying he hit someone?
Nothing has been confirmed

The most official confirmation is that there’s an ongoing investigation

Reactions: 4
It's such a crying shame, I lived on three countries on the European continent and Eurovision was always intended to be that one show every year where most of Europe were sat watching the same thing.

It feels like the whole concept is slowly crumbling now. I don't think SM helps, back in the day it was simply an annual TV show.
Yeah, I'm not arsed with this any more.

Regardless of whatever politics you subscribe too, this year hasn't been fun at all and no amount of flashing lights, heavy beats and camp joy can get rid of the sour taste that is now in a lot of peoples mouths.

Reactions: 15
Well if he has, assaulted someone then he's ruined it for himself tbf I don't think there's ever been a case where someone's been disqualified in the actual eurovision week

Reactions: 5
So if they do end up kicking him out will they promote someone up from Thursdays show who didn’t get through?

Reactions: 2
Well if he has, assaulted someone then he's ruined it for himself tbf I don't think there's ever been a case where someone's been disqualified in the actual eurovision week
What I heard (allegedly of course) was he reacted to a member of the Israeli delegation mocking the death of his parents (he seemingly lost his parents within a year and he's still only 26).

• Wow
So if they do end up kicking him out will they promote someone up from Thursdays show who didn’t get through?
Apparently czechia came 11th and issued a post refuting that they were rehearsing for the final (don't ask for evidence my daughter told me 😉 )

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.