Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh that’s a great one the Croatian one…. I do love Spain though she’s like a Dolly Parton / Cher cross! Does Joost sing euro papa..👴 he’s in the tit by the looks of it

Reactions: 4
This is a tit storm
---
Allegedly, it’s not to do with Israel and joost hit a female (Swedish) worker
That’s very strange because I read that the person he hit was someone from the Israeli delegation who was mocking his dead parents. ( Which obviously could just be someone trying to stir the pot )
Either way, IF he has put his hands on someone then he absolutely has to be removed from the competition.

Reactions: 6
Is there any precedent for the disqualification of an act so close to the contest? I don't recall one but then I did kind of go on strike from Eurovision during the bloc voting era.

Reactions: 7
That’s very strange because I read that the person he hit was someone from the Israeli delegation who was mocking his dead parents. ( Which obviously could just be someone trying to stir the pot )
Either way, IF he has put his hands on someone then he absolutely has to be removed from the competition.
A photographer according to this - all the latest reports say not Israeli and many say part of the Swedish production team. Seems like a lot of people were stirring the pot about Israel for no reason in this specific case 🤷‍♀️

ETa the second tweet with link to article

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
If the Dutch entry is out will they be replaced?
In my view its not necessary as there's too many songs anyway 😄 we can get to bed a few minutes earlier 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I saw the video of the interaction with the Israeli, it was just his security and an Israeli journalist that had beef. I think this is separate

Reactions: 4
If the Dutch entry is out will they be replaced?
In my view its not necessary as there's too many songs anyway 😄 we can get to bed a few minutes earlier 😴
Don't they have stand ins? in case people are ill (remember the portuguese bloke who was very poorly and won - his sister was there in case she needed to sing in his place).

God this is a mess.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Icl whatever the truth is putting Joost in between two israelis is so dumb
It seems the truth is it was nothing to do with the Israelis though so why are people so eager to still blame them and bring them into what seems to be a man losing his temper with part of the production team and then facing the consequences of his behaviour? A tale as old as time.

the photographer will be a mossad agent next 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Again I don't know how true this is but according to someone on ESC United RTVE and some other broadcasters are demanding the DQ for Israel. This is getting worse by the hour.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.