Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Furious Cornald Maas: 'duck the EBU'
"I'm honestly quite furious about it," says commentator Cornald Maas about Joost Klein's disqualification. According to Maas, the artist pushed down an employee's phone. "Joost was harassed several times by this woman with a rotating camera. He had already indicated several times that he did not want to be filmed."

Maas emphasizes that he does not agree with the EBU's drastic decision. "At a certain point it will of course become clear what it all meant, then everyone will conclude that it meant nothing. I would almost say duck the EBU, but I'm saying that now too."
Source

Mess mess mess

Reactions: 9
And all of this because calls for peace and freedom are now seen as offensive and „political“. Make up your freaking mind, EBU. I really blame them for this entire mess. As I said before, let Israel participate, who cares. But by trying to silence and intimidate everyone who mentions Palestine/Gaza, they’ve created an awful atmosphere.

Edit: obviously not talking about the Joost situation; just the general mess of this year‘s contest

Last edited:
I don’t know. Ukraine has only been participating since 2003 and in that time, until 2022, they had already won twice and placed inside the top ten at the final ten times. It’s not like they were a complete Eurovision outsider that normally would have never won. Yes, I agree they had more support (not from the juries btw) than other years, but I don’t think their win undermined the contest at all.
But it was still obvious why they won. They were not winning especially by that landslide in any other circumstance. And I could get behind it /stomach it once but for another ‘political’ win to happen in such quick succession?? Awful 😢

Reactions: 4
Oh I agree...except its 2 different stories....the news story as shown by BBC news, and the BBC 1 / Eurovision tele-spectacular family show!

obviously everyone is on edge, from performers to backstage operators and the whole team behind Eurovision, otherwise I doubt the Netherlands would have been disqualified.
We have stupidity about backstage photos and who can take photos and who cant, which normally isnt an issue. It feels as if no one wants to be photographed with or associated with any aspect of the Israeli performance!

Ive also only just realised that Eurovisions main sponsor is an Israeli Oil firm MorrocoOil! So this happy joyous Eurovision contest is sponsored, by a non European company, a fossil fuel company and a company that is part of a country that is battering Gaza to extinction.
Thats wrong on so many different levels.
It also makes it look very suspect that Israel was allowed to participate this year!
TIL that argan is a fossil

The pressure the acts are under seems to be immense - maybe it's gone over the top this year and broken some of them?

We see hardly any of what they are made to do, there are so many rehearsals and press events. Especially those in the Thursday semi-final, as far as I can tell they've been on stage and in front of an audience Wednesday evening, Thursday afternoon, Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening. And on top of their actual performances there are the big press conferences after the semi-finals so those must be such long days.

Some of it makes what Simon Cowell puts his acts through like a walk in the park!
100% there are a lot of Israeli media who have been trying to get the contests to say if they have listened to Eden’s song or if they have a messsage for their ‘Israeli fans’ as a means for propaganda. If an artist is pictured with Eden they post it all over socials which also in turn causes ALOT of stress on the artist for being seen with the Israelis (people then infer they are pro Israel). That’s why they are on high alert about who they are photographed with.

• Sad
aye cause that was healthy

also you could cry snowflake both ways. It doesn’t look like he actually touched the woman. And you cannot tell me that in the history of Eurovision worse altercations didn’t happen and nobody was ever disqualified
Yeah, I don’t agree with either but it kind of seems like losing his parents is his whole personality. To deflect from any criticism. The whole thing is a mess and I’m literally looking at the clock hoping it will be 8pm to see the shambles.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I don’t agree with either but it kind of seems like losing his parents is his whole personality. To deflect from any criticism. The whole thing is a mess and I’m literally looking at the clock hoping it will be 8pm to see the shambles.
I dunno. didn't it happen fairly recently? did he have any criticism before this? Sorry I was out of the loop with the entire thing

Reactions: 1
IMG_6260.png

---
His parents died when he was like 12 lol
He has also discussed being in trauma therapy because of this. His parents died a short time apart

…of course it’s a big thing to him. It would be for anyone that has lost a parent while they were young

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He has also discussed being in trauma therapy because of this. His parents died a short time apart

…of course it’s a big thing to him. It would be for anyone that has lost a parent while they were young
Yeah it's hardly something to "lol" at ffs. Weird.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
View attachment 2929447
---

NO definitely believe his trauma is valid was just replying to the OP because they thought it was recent I had read up on it the other day and knew it was definitely not recent!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Just to be clear I am not trying to mock him losing his parents and sorry if it came across that way. I think it is horrible for him. My only issue is that he appears to use this to deflect any criticism. The whole handwringing from a lot of the participants is pathetic. Either come out and say it or just get on with it or withdraw but a lot of them are being really childish towards the ISraeli girl and it just looks unprofessional.

anyway come on Estonia!

Reactions: 2
Sorry just looked at the Dutch entry. Is this seriously meant to be a tribute. It’s like scooter off temu.

---
He hasn’t said anything.
Fair enough if he hadn’t said anything but it was heavily implied. It will be interesting to see if something is said at the start of the show.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.