Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen this. Surely it would be in their contract that they could be filmed? It all seems a bit precious around the whole filming thing. Has that ever been a thing?

"Against clearly made agreements"

Reactions: 8
Just seen this. Surely it would be in their contract that they could be filmed? It all seems a bit precious around the whole filming thing. Has that ever been a thing?

Presumably. But I guess there are certain situations where the contestants are allowed to say no. And it does stipulate that the filming of Joost continued after he repeatedly asked for it to stop and that it was “against clearly made agreements”.

When it was reported that Joost had put his hands on someone it was clear he should have been rightly disqualified.
But that’s not what happened. This is starting to look like at best a huge overreaction and at worst a stitch up.

What are the agreements? I’m just finding this farcical at this stage. They need to either pull out or stay in. I’m actually looking forward to later just because it is chaotic.

I hope Abba do super trooper

Reactions: 2

I think someone said on a previous page, that the song was written and dedicated to his parents both of whom have recently died. so it looks like an exemption from filming was put in place for him, in case singing the song made him over emotional and burst into tears...

I think in this case there is a very clear reason for not filming him, and respecting his wishes!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Dutch broadcaster also apparently saying they offered a number of solutions to the EBU which were refused, and tried to contact the woman involved but she refused to communicate with them

What are the agreements? I’m just finding this farcical at this stage. They need to either pull out or stay in. I’m actually looking forward to later just because it is chaotic.

Judging by the full sentence the agreement was that he would not be filmed between getting off the stage and going to the green room

Reactions: 5

There will be clear guidelines around when they can and can't be filmed. The media will be briefed on this and will know the rules. Sounds like one of them chose to ignore it.

Looking a lot like a stitch up to me too I have to say.

Also worth noting that we don't generally see the contestants running from the stage to the greenroom, at most they showed some of them leaving the stage (which I actually liked!), so it's a really odd decision to have cameras there?

Bearing in mind the absolutely disastrous levels of organisation this year it’s more likely to be Mans and Loreen doing an extended version of Diggi Loo Diggi Lei.

• Haha
To those saying ‘but you were ok with Ukraine winning’ … well I was MORE ok with Ukraine winning absolutely… but that also pissed me off especially as the UK would’ve been closer to winning lol. I think Ukraine winning 2 years ago and now Israel is detrimental to the contest that I am so passionate about.

I wonder why he had such a strong reaction to being filmed though? I know tensions must be running high, but it was stupid of him to get aggressive if that is what happened

Reactions: 1
Yes it seems to be true @Scotch Mist

"In the U.S., Eurovision will stream live on Peacock.

Voting is open for 24 hours before the final starts for viewers in the U.S. and other nonparticipating countries, who can vote online or using the Eurovision app."

Why on earth are other non participating countries allowed to vote? Are there votes coming in from bots in China or Russia?

I think that perhaps any votes from the US should be kept separate and screened? If there is an overwhelming bias towards Israel, this isnt remotely fair. It just would look like tactical voting, and maybe these votes need to be disallowed?

This system is just asking for trouble

PS I feel so so sorry for Sweden for trying to host this tit storm.....its the Eurovision organisers that have messed this up so badly

Do you reckon the BBC are secretly flapping it about broadcasting tonight? Like when everyone thought they’d accidentally broadcast Måneskin doing a line in the green room.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
i'm sorry if this is really insensitive but dedicating a song to your parents... and the song being... euro pa pa euro pa pa europa pa pa pa pa pa pa ?? i don't know 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
i'm sorry if this is really insensitive but dedicating a song to your parents... and the song being... euro pa pa euro pa pa europa pa pa pa pa pa pa ?? i don't know 😂
"Papa" means father in Dutch, so it actually makes a lot of sense lyrics wise.

Reactions: 2
"Papa" means father in Dutch, so it actually makes a lot of sense lyrics wise.
Additionally:
According to Joost himself:

"'Europapa' is about an orphan who travels throughout Europe (and beyond) to find himself and tell his story. At first, people don't recognise him, but he goes on seizing any opportunity he gets to let himself be seen. 'Europapa' is a tribute to my father. When bringing me up, he passed on to me an expansive view of the world"
The whole song has references to other countries and Papaoutai which is also not having a father figure

Reactions: 6
To those saying ‘but you were ok with Ukraine winning’ … well I was MORE ok with Ukraine winning absolutely… but that also pissed me off especially as the UK would’ve been closer to winning lol. I think Ukraine winning 2 years ago and now Israel is detrimental to the contest that I am so passionate about.
I don’t know. Ukraine has only been participating since 2003 and in that time, until 2022, they had already won twice and placed inside the top ten at the final ten times. It’s not like they were a complete Eurovision outsider that normally would have never won. Yes, I agree they had more support (not from the juries btw) than other years, but I don’t think their win undermined the contest at all.

Reactions: 6
Taking Israel out of the equation the whole thing about not being filmed is the most snowflake thing I have heard in my bleeping life. Jeez, William and Harry had to be paraded in front of millions of people when their mum died.
I have never used the term snowflake in my life before ffs.
Come on Estonia is all I have to say!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.