Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you reckon the BBC are secretly flapping it about broadcasting tonight? Like when everyone thought they’d accidentally broadcast Måneskin doing a line in the green room.
Having listened to the Radio 2 special...where its all Eurovision sweetness and light......I think they are going to close their eyes and ears and pretend absolutely nothing is happening!!

Reactions: 7
Having listened to the Radio 2 special...where its all Eurovision sweetness and light......I think they are going to close their eyes and ears and pretend absolutely nothing is happening!!
BBC News have been covering the whole thing

- at one point the woman in Malmo said that EBU had clearly lost control (this was following the French rehearsal)
- the protests
- mentioned that the audience at home should expect to hear booing

Reactions: 6
Yes it seems to be true @Scotch Mist

"In the U.S., Eurovision will stream live on Peacock.

Voting is open for 24 hours before the final starts for viewers in the U.S. and other nonparticipating countries, who can vote online or using the Eurovision app."
That's outrageous 😳
They shouldn't be voting at all IMO (only participating countries) and its certainly not fair that they can vote in advance 🤬

Reactions: 8
Taking Israel out of the equation the whole thing about not being filmed is the most snowflake thing I have heard in my bleeping life. Jeez, William and Harry had to be paraded in front of millions of people when their mum died.
I have never used the term snowflake in my life before ffs.
Come on Estonia is all I have to say!
aye cause that was healthy

also you could cry snowflake both ways. It doesn’t look like he actually touched the woman. And you cannot tell me that in the history of Eurovision worse altercations didn’t happen and nobody was ever disqualified

• Haha
Reactions: 12
As I understand it, the Rest of the World vote counts for the same as one country's vote, so they have 1-12 points and that's it.
If Joost didn't actually touch anyone, then it does seem a bit of an overreaction to disqualify him, surely a warning would have been enough. This whole thing has become a shitshow, I'm going to be watching tonight like 😬 Better crack the wine open early

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If Bambi really cared she wouldn't have been there. No one outside Ireland understands ogham writing, performative bullshit on her part.
I'm of Irish heritage so it was great to see Ireland being in the final with, frankly, a mad song that's the opposite of the predictable old bollocks they've had as Eurovision entries for a while.

However, Bambie Thug's coming across more and more as a petulant teen as opposed to a 31 year old. It's getting a bit tiresome.

Reactions: 12
Bearing in mind the absolutely disastrous levels of organisation this year it’s more likely to be Mans and Loreen doing an extended version of Diggi Loo Diggi Lei.
Abba have been busy programming their hologram robots because they'll be too scared to turn up. They've already got Frida in a spin 😄

• Haha
BBC News have been covering the whole thing

- at one point the woman in Malmo said that EBU had clearly lost control (this was following the French rehearsal)
- the protests
- mentioned that the audience at home should expect to hear booing
Oh I agree...except its 2 different stories....the news story as shown by BBC news, and the BBC 1 / Eurovision tele-spectacular family show!

obviously everyone is on edge, from performers to backstage operators and the whole team behind Eurovision, otherwise I doubt the Netherlands would have been disqualified.
We have stupidity about backstage photos and who can take photos and who cant, which normally isnt an issue. It feels as if no one wants to be photographed with or associated with any aspect of the Israeli performance!

Ive also only just realised that Eurovisions main sponsor is an Israeli Oil firm MorrocoOil! So this happy joyous Eurovision contest is sponsored, by a non European company, a fossil fuel company and a company that is part of a country that is battering Gaza to extinction.
Thats wrong on so many different levels.
It also makes it look very suspect that Israel was allowed to participate this year!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm kind of expecting at least one dancer to whip off his kecks and have "FREE" written on one arse cheek and "PALESTINE" on the other.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Taking Israel out of the equation the whole thing about not being filmed is the most snowflake thing I have heard in my bleeping life. Jeez, William and Harry had to be paraded in front of millions of people when their mum died.
I have never used the term snowflake in my life before ffs.
Come on Estonia is all I have to say!
The pressure the acts are under seems to be immense - maybe it's gone over the top this year and broken some of them?

We see hardly any of what they are made to do, there are so many rehearsals and press events. Especially those in the Thursday semi-final, as far as I can tell they've been on stage and in front of an audience Wednesday evening, Thursday afternoon, Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening. And on top of their actual performances there are the big press conferences after the semi-finals so those must be such long days.

Some of it makes what Simon Cowell puts his acts through like a walk in the park!

Reactions: 11

---
I'm kind of expecting at least one dancer to whip off his kecks and have "FREE" written on one arse cheek and "PALESTINE" on the other.
Remember the hot mess that was Madonna as an interval act?

• Wow
Reactions: 13
😄
We should invent our own bingo card for that because of course that's what's going to happen.
The next thing they'll do is shout 'Free Palestine' at the end of the song instead of the usual 'thank you Europe'.

Reactions: 3
The pressure the acts are under seems to be immense - maybe it's gone over the top this year and broken some of them?

We see hardly any of what they are made to do, there are so many rehearsals and press events. Especially those in the Thursday semi-final, as far as I can tell they've been on stage and in front of an audience Wednesday evening, Thursday afternoon, Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening. And on top of their actual performances there are the big press conferences after the semi-finals so those must be such long days.

Some of it makes what Simon Cowell puts his acts through like a walk in the park!
The care for performers has been poor, Olly has been a performer for years and the pressure and complete lack of care has nearly broken him a few times, constant last minute changes that aren’t communicated to artists or their managers, meaning people are going on blind. On top of that equipment repeatedly failing, doesn’t make for a positive experience.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.