Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i have to link this beautiful cover by bambie again in case someone hasn't listened to it yet - it's so special 🖤 i don't want to derail too much but read the comments about the symbolism in the video plus there's already a lot of meaning to the song itself... i really like her, i'll definitely be listening to her music in the future, and even though i want croatia and our baby lasagna to win, i won't be mad if she does 😊

I’m not a fan of that. In the original Dolores showed pain. This is just karaoke in my opinion.
Not arguing as I want us to have a nice evening watching the shambles. X

Reactions: 2
I meant in terms of people insisting that no matter what Joost has done and to whom, it’s Israel’s fault. Ie entirely Eurovision related as it seems he’s likely to be DQ’d for assaulting an SVT production member:

Not battle as in the conflict.
nevermind lol sarcasm doesn't translate well as text i guess

Why? The Swedes have been doing their best. I feel sorry for them.

Performers who think their political views are important shouldn't have agreed to take part in the first place.

Thousands of people protesting about a young woman singing a song in a contest is absolutely pathetic.
Completely agree
Camping outside her hotel protesting pointless
Shes number 1 to win now so they've had reverse effect
GO FOR IT EDEN!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I didn't watch any performances as I like to leave it for the final but just watched Europapa and bawled my eyes out at the end. He was probably such a mess after this performance no wonder he didn't want to be filmed. Stupid bleeping thing, another good thing ruined

Reactions: 4
In case people are missing the context too, the outro part is specifically for his parents too. He has another song about them that he sings while hiding under a flag

It may be that the agreement not to film him was there in case he got emotional and needed a good cry. He has been teary during rehearsals at the outro part according to the press too, so the fact that he didn't break down in tears at the live show was surprising to me

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don’t know if anyone has already mentioned this and I missed it but I’ve just found out that viewers in non-participating countries (ieAmerica) have been able to vote for 24 hours before the final starts and the Americans are block voting for Israel.

And this is Twitter rumour 5692

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I wonder why that was taken down so quickly?
Presumably because it shows the moment they were informed the EBU have told them to remove the makeup

If Bambi really cared she wouldn't have been there. No one outside Ireland understands ogham writing, performative bullshit on her part.
I have mixed feelings about them but it says a lot that calling for peace/a ceasefire is no longer acceptable at Eurovision which normally has several such messages throughout

Reactions: 8
Sky news...

Sounds like from that he really shouldn't have been disqualified. Incredibly unprofessional from the camera woman.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I don’t know if anyone has already mentioned this and I missed it but I’ve just found out that viewers in non-participating countries (ieAmerica) have been able to vote for 24 hours before the final starts and the Americans are block voting for Israel.

What the 👀 ?! so people outside europe can vote before even watching the final? What a stupid rule

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I think the best thing that could happen right now would be a 2 hour ABBA concert.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
What the 👀 ?! so people outside europe can vote before even watching the final? What a stupid rule
They see snippets of the jury rehearsals. The ROW vote was actually delayed until that announcement was made

the timing of it is meant to accommodate for time zones

Completely agree
Camping outside her hotel protesting pointless
Shes number 1 to win now so they've had reverse effect
GO FOR IT EDEN!
As someone who has been here for just over a week, no one is camping outside her hotel, they’re just camping in the main square, odd that two other artists are at the same hotel, but nothing in the press about people camping when articles are written about them.

Reactions: 6

I didn't think that Americans could vote at all. Surely that can't be true 😕

I didn't think that Americans could vote at all. Surely that can't be true 😕
Honestly that’s what I thought but apparently not.
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/watch-stream-eurovision-song-contest-final-110115943#:~:text=Voting%20is%20open%20for%2024,for%20their%20own%20nation's%20entry.
---
I think the best thing that could happen right now would be a 2 hour ABBA concert.
It’ll be Mans doing his greatest hits won’t it?

• Wow
Yes it seems to be true @Scotch Mist

"In the U.S., Eurovision will stream live on Peacock.

Voting is open for 24 hours before the final starts for viewers in the U.S. and other nonparticipating countries, who can vote online or using the Eurovision app."

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Just seen this. Surely it would be in their contract that they could be filmed? It all seems a bit precious around the whole filming thing. Has that ever been a thing?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.