Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really is though. No protests in Europe will make a blind bit of difference to anything.
Allowing Israel to participate in international events and communities also won't make a difference and will likely encourage their actions

Again, there's a reason that Russia was shunned from many places within the international community

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Why? The Swedes have been doing their best. I feel sorry for them.

Performers who think their political views are important shouldn't have agreed to take part in the first place.

Thousands of people protesting about a young woman singing a song in a contest is absolutely pathetic.
I think you'll find it is not the young woman many are protesting about, rather the country she is representing and the current genocidal situation.

Also the swedes doing their best, well lets agree to disagree. ;) I think they have made a monumental mess even as we speak.

Reactions: 10
Allowing Israel to participate in international events and communities also won't make a difference and will likely encourage their actions

Again, there's a reason that Russia was shunned from many places within the international community
I don't think that Israel should participate because they're not in Europe and have been saying so for years (Australia shouldn't be allowed to enter either IMO). There's a few others who are questionable as well.

Do I think a song contest will make any difference to anyone in the world? Absolutely not. It's irrelevant nonsense for entertainment.
By Monday everyone will have forgotten who won anyway.

Reactions: 4
Hello! New to the thread but long time lurker. Can someone give me brief breakdown on what’s kicking off right now? 😂
Everyone's pissy. in truth, nobody can see the full picture, which will only come out weeks after the contest is over..

It reminds me of this (starting at 17:57 - which for some reason youtube won't let me set it at)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
There’s a lot on Twitter about the Israeli delegation harassing other contestants.

Reactions: 6
Everyone's pissy. in truth, nobody can see the full picture, which will only come out weeks after the contest is over..

It reminds me of this (starting at 17:57 - which for some reason youtube won't let me set it at)
Can't organise a pea soup in a brewery.

Or since it's in Sweden, can't organise a plate of meatballs in a flat pack furniture store. 😆

• Haha
I feel like a few of them will go rogue tonight and have their mics cut. Chaotic!

IMG_6850.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 19

the description made me giggle, I hope someone leaks this bit specifically

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can they play a recording? Could they secretly record it now and then play it come regular time for example? Something will def go down otherwise

Can they play a recording? Could they secretly record it now and then play it come regular time for example? Something will def go down otherwise
Well during the recap for France at the family show they used the performance from a previous rehearsal - though I think someone would have to fact check that's normally not the case anyway??

They're working with a delay so something could be done I guess?
---
1715441846854.png

Statement from the Dutch broadcaster

What is it with not respecting people's wishes not to be filmed this year???

• Sad
Reactions: 14

Hasn't stopped the war in Russia/Ukraine though has it?
Putin didn't start crying because Russia can't be in Eurovision and decide to get out of Ukraine.

If people start protesting in other places it means nothing to these people. They enjoy seeing westerners tearing each other apart over things that they can't possibly influence. It destabilises us and unity in Europe, not them

Reactions: 3
They should have a reserve finalist spot
One from each semi final
And if for any reason a country should be disqualified or have to withdraw then they the reserve is promoted to finalist.
Well during the recap for France at the family show they used the performance from a previous rehearsal - though I think someone would have to fact check that's normally not the case anyway??

They're working with a delay so something could be done I guess?
---
View attachment 2929263
Statement from the Dutch broadcaster

What is it with not respecting people's wishes not to be filmed this year???
If he made several attempts to stop them filming why then did the camera woman ignore him and continue to provoke him instead resulting in an incident where she's seemingly cried wolf about something she caused in the first place??

Reactions: 9
If he made several attempts to stop them filming why then did the camera woman ignore him and continue to provoke him instead resulting in an incident where she's seemingly cried wolf about something she caused in the first place??
I just want to point out that it also says "against clearly made agreements"

It was agreed that he would not be filmed when he got off the stage

Reactions: 9
The girl is a dual Russian citizen as well. Last time I checked they were banned? Got to admit I do feel a bit sorry for her though, she’s like a brainwashed robot.
There's a very good reason why Israel choose young women to represent them for the last few years. The optics wouldn't be the same if it was a man in his 50s. Very easy to garner sympathy and claim a young woman, who "just wants to sing", is being bullied. That's the narrative now.

Anyway. Let's see what happens tonight. For what it's worth I do believe the show will go on.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.