Eurovision Song Contest 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favourites got through!

Lithuania (the dance moves ❤)
Russia
Ukraine

I like the quirkier ones rather than the normal pop songs. Roll on Thursday!

Reactions: 7
I can't understand why Italy are the bookies favourites to win. Ok its not the normal eurovision fodder song but it does nothing for me!

Reactions: 2
I can't understand why Italy are the bookies favourites to win. Ok its not the normal eurovision fodder song but it does nothing for me!
I didn’t mind it but it’s not the like the big 5/6 are usually the bookies favourite. I thought it was Malta

You’ve just insulted me on so many levels 😂
TIX (angel man) has a great voice and the song has a lot of meaning to it (its not just another cliche love song or something).
And Go_A is an acquired taste but once you’ve gotten used to it, it is absolutely brilliant. The way she mixes the folklore with techno and the build up is out of this world.

Can you tell I like these two lol.
Honestly I’m very happy but I would kick Israel, Azerbaijan or Belgium out in a heartbeat for Australia
Loved Tix. 😁

My favourites got through!

Lithuania (the dance moves ❤)
Russia
Ukraine

I like the quirkier ones rather than the normal pop songs. Roll on Thursday!
I felt like the Ukraine song was about to attack me. Hurt my ears.

Ngl this year's rules about the backing singers not having to be live makes me a bit wary of some of the singers skirting the line a bit. I've read on Reddit that Azerbaijan (or someone else maybe) apparently has a bit where she pretty much lip-syncs a high note. Now I can't help but feel that the likes of Israel are lip-syncing too.

I enjoyed Israel's song tbh (though the name is a bit unfortunate at the moment) but I wish the costume change happened a bit earlier

No one really stood out as a winning song from that semi. I've since listened to Italy and idk... they don't seem to have a winning factor there either. A bit sad since I normally adore their entries

I'm excited for the second semi tbh, plus to hear France as they're apparently the favourites!

Also, did anyone else feel like the Lithuanian singer came off as a bit smug each time he was shown?

Ngl this year's rules about the backing singers not having to be live makes me a bit wary of some of the singers skirting the line a bit. I've read on Reddit that Azerbaijan (or someone else maybe) apparently has a bit where she pretty much lip-syncs a high note. Now I can't help but feel that the likes of Israel are lip-syncing too.
A friend who was able to watch the Jury show basically said the same. Especially the Croatian singer had parts where you could only hear her backing vocals.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Also, did anyone else feel like the Lithuanian singer came off as a bit smug each time he was shown?
Not really but I am a fan! I think the Lithuanian singer was about to cry when he found out they had qualified. His song last year was pretty eccentric too.

I see that Iceland will be a pre record tomorrow after a member tested positive. I’m not sure what they do if they make it to the final. Another pre record on Saturday?

Reactions: 3
I see that Iceland will be a pre record tomorrow after a member tested positive. I’m not sure what they do if they make it to the final. Another pre record on Saturday?
Yep! Although they’re pretty much the same performances, feel so bad for them! He would have won last year!!

Reactions: 4

I enjoyed Israel's song tbh (though the name is a bit unfortunate at the moment) but I wish the costume change happened a bit earlier

That is very sad especially when knowing that Romania is out because the singer couldn't sing.

On Tuesday San Marino's entry said that she was going to be joined by Flo Rider for her song. That's just about the most random collaboration I can think of !!

I think there is a lot of lip synching going on. I wasn't convinced many were singing live on Tuesday. I know they've changed the rules for backing singers but I thought the main singer had to be live.

Reactions: 1
I didn’t mind it but it’s not the like the big 5/6 are usually the bookies favourite. I thought it was Malta
I thought Malta was the favourite too. I thought the Malta entry wasnt great but everyone was going mad for it on the telly! Ukraine my favourite from the first semi. Just bonkers!

Oh my god. Flo Rida has actually turned up.

Shame he made the song worse, it was better without him.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.