Eurovision Song Contest 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand why Cyprus is sending the songs they are after Fuego but man.. it gets a bit boring after a few years

Sort of how Sweden keeps sending very polished songs

Reactions: 2
I’m so sad that Iceland would have won last year (or been up there) and then I don’t vibe with their entry this year despite being the same artist, it’s great it charted in the uk last year so he got some money for all of it.

Reactions: 3
I'm usually a big fan of Eurovision, but it only just occurred to me today that this is the start of Eurovision week 😮 I'm hoping that when I hear that music at the start of the first semi-final tomorrow night I'll get more excited. I've only listened to all the songs once and nothing stood out as a clear winner, so it will be interesting to see who takes it.

Reactions: 4
Happy Eurovision week!! ✨

Before the first semi final tomorrow, if anyone wants to get to know the artists a bit better. There’s a mini talk show called “LookLab” with some of them and Nikkie on youtube. They are really fun to watch!

Reactions: 1
Yes, Happy Eurovision Week Everyone !!! 🥰 🥰

Just a reminder that the semi finals are on BBC4 at 8pm Tues & Thurs.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to watch the semi's.

The previous Eurovision I subjected my husband to both of them and then the marathon of the final and I think he was at breaking point after that!
My daughter is coming home especially for Saturday. It's always been our thing.

We won't do parties though. We take it far too seriously to be distracted by people talking and messing about. :devilish::devilish: There will be plenty of wine and pizza though.;)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So happy to have found this thread. I love Eurovision. Does anyone have any idea what’s wrong with Rylan? He was ill on Saturday and is missing tonight’s show. He will be on Thursdays show but as a pre record.

I'm excited! I think the UK's song is great but of course will probably do even worse than normal, maybe we're heading for a repeat of 2003 😂 I love Iceland! But I still prefer Think About Things to 10 Years.

I do love Eurovision I can't deny it. Don't generally watch the semi finals, am watching tonight though, but will definitely fall asleep watching it rather than seeing it all. A 5am start isn't the best thing for Eurovision viewing.

I'm excited! I think the UK's song is great but of course will probably do even worse than normal, maybe we're heading for a repeat of 2003 😂 I love Iceland! But I still prefer Think About Things to 10 Years.

I like the UK one.

Seeing as Eurovison can be political it will be interesting to see how Israel fare.

I wasn't expecting an audience. That's a pleasant surprise.

I like watching the semi finals. Always a few good songs that don’t make it.
Wasn’t a fan of the last one either though.
Don’t Israel have to qualify? Be interesting to see if they get through to the final. I’m guessing not.

yeah Sweden was good. Nice back story too. They do always do very good pop songs.

Sweden was good. No surprise really. Australia's was surprisingly awful. Ireland's staging was certainly something.

Fully expect Israel not to qualify. Kind of surprised that presenter was stood in front of Israeli flags when as libbing waiting for Ireland's set to be ready.

I don't remember her from xf in 2017.

Why they bigging her up. Wasn't that good!

I wonder how different this contest would be if nobody knew which country they were voting for and everyone was really just voting on the song 🤔 I do get a bit tired of the political voting.

Not that I believe it would have changed our recent track record, as we have sent a lot of dross in recent years 😁

Reactions: 6
I always get annoyed when people moan that we do badly but we sent terrible songs and the staging is pretty poor. Some countries spend £1million on stages and it shows.

Reactions: 5
This line of duty skit is dreadful 😑

I always get annoyed when people moan that we do badly but we sent terrible songs and the staging is pretty poor. Some countries spend £1million on stages and it shows.
I agree we've sent tit for years!

I didn't mind the Su-Ri/Su-Bo one (can't remember her name - she had a stage invasion), but our entries over the last few years have been awful. Especially the Caro Emerald style electro-jive one. We are always about 4 years behind the musical trend with our entries.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.