Eugenia Cooney

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After hearing the news about Nikki Grahame today I immediately thought of Eugenia. Appreciate that all cases are different but honestly it’s just heart breaking and sad to watch someone die in slow motion like this. Wish there was someone close who could help her :(

• Sad
Reactions: 20
After hearing the news about Nikki Grahame today I immediately thought of Eugenia. Appreciate that all cases are different but honestly it’s just heart breaking and sad to watch someone die in slow motion like this. Wish there was someone close who could help her :(
I thought of Eugenia too when I heard the news of Nikki’s passing..

Sadly, it does not seem like Eugenia has friends and family who could help her get into treatment.

I watched her for the first time in ages the other night, and it was a video of her reading hate comments. Very disturbing.

I don’t see attempts of recovery in the near future for Eugenia, unless it’s from involuntary admission.

Reactions: 5
Friends tried to make an intervention previously and Eugenia’s mom seems to be totally against it from what the friends have said.
There’s a long video explaining it but this is the shorter video they made

Reactions: 2
Poor Nikki knew she was ill and was trying to get better. She never promoted or encouraged anorexia as anything other than a debilitating and dreadful illness. Eugenia is the polar opposite.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Poor Nikki knew she was ill and was trying to get better. She never promoted or encouraged anorexia as anything other than a debilitating and dreadful illness. Eugenia is the polar opposite.
I remember Nikki once accidentally posting a picture of her food with hashtags about anorexia recovery. It was very quickly deleted, as believe it was for a secret account she may have had. I agree, she never once posted about anorexia in a good light.

I wonder whether anyone will ask Eugenia questions surrounding Nikki on her twitch streams.

Reactions: 8
I remember Nikki once accidentally posting a picture of her food with hashtags about anorexia recovery. It was very quickly deleted, as believe it was for a secret account she may have had. I agree, she never once posted about anorexia in a good light.

I wonder whether anyone will ask Eugenia questions surrounding Nikki on her twitch streams.
I doubt she knows who Nikki was. So sad. Looked at her account today and the first photo is the worst I’ve ever seen her since I started following her years ago! I don’t understand how she’s still alive.

Reactions: 5
I reported her latest IG photo for self harm. It's very clear she is back at the stage she was before she went into treatment. I can't understand how she can still post these photos, and stream on twitch/post videos on YT when she is clearly so very sick. Everything is about body checking.
I honestly think she is going to have a heart attack on one of those streams.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I reported her latest IG photo for self harm. It's very clear she is back at the stage she was before she went into treatment. I can't understand how she can still post these photos, and stream on twitch/post videos on YT when she is clearly so very sick. Everything is about body checking.
I honestly think she is going to have a heart attack on one of those streams.
Ive reported a few lately Instagram rejected them🤨
The latest photo im sorry is sick, some of the comments are scary, its one thing if she was discussing her MH or recovery but she's not and young people are thinking you can be that way and be healthy, i honestly dont know how she has the energy to get through the day!

Reactions: 1
I honestly don't know how she's alive when I've seen people with more body fat, who haven't been sick for as long, literally drop dead from this awful condition.

Reactions: 11
How can Instagram reject reports that this girl is sick and her posts are not in her or the public’s best interest as they are promoting pro-ana content? Especially after a public figure just died from this condition and she was about the same size as Eugenia. I honestly think she gets a sick kick out of the concern her posts get and it validates her need to starve herself.

Reactions: 9
Especially when IG was been strict with sex workers and anything to do with work but they are turning their back on spreading pro ana and not stopping it

Reactions: 7
Especially when IG was been strict with sex workers and anything to do with work but they are turning their back on spreading pro ana and not stopping it
I don’t think her account is pro-ana though, or is it? I had a pretty serious ED when I was a teenager until my late twenties, but that was mostly pre-Internet (I’m old). Pro-ana to me is someone saying that being that skinny is a positive thing. EC doesn’t do that...in fact she just doesn’t discuss it at all.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think her account is pro-ana though, or is it? I had a pretty serious ED when I was a teenager until my late twenties, but that was mostly pre-Internet (I’m old). Pro-ana to me is someone saying that being that skinny is a positive thing. EC doesn’t do that...in fact she just doesn’t discuss it at all.
A lot of her stuff seems to end up on pro-ana websites and is (or used to be) openly praised in the comments to some extent - though most of it gets filtered out these days by all the supportive comments.

Whether knowingly or unknowingly, she is supporting a pro-ana side of the internet and I do think it comes back to IG to have a bit of a duty of care to either age restrict her posts (idk if this is actually possible on IG) or say that she cannot use the site. It's a bit of a questionable decision though, but seeing as they have taken a stricter approach to sex work and some # ...

Reactions: 8
I’ve called for Instagram YouTube and twitch to feed platform her on Twitter because all the comments on her weight seem to encourage her, she like the attention around it. It’s so sad to see her fade away. With the weight she is now I’d be surprised if she lasted another month.

Reactions: 4
She reminds me of the French model Isabelle Caro, who sadly passed away aged 28.

I 100% think she would rather die than get better in any way that would make her healthier.

Reactions: 6
EDs are a witch to recover from as I understand it, so it would be a life-long process for her where 'relapsing' could occur. Plus, I don't think she fully recognises she has an issue to begin with so therapy or in-patient stuff wouldn't be a huge help for her - sort of why it hasn't helped before

I have sympathy for her in many ways but I don't think she's so naive as not to know that there are people there using her for thinspo and the like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uergm8MpWOs&t=800s
I think this video shows a lot, after she starts crying she gets a bunch of supportive messages about how beautiful she is

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Her latest video is a 'Shoe Haul' where she is basically body checking for 15 minutes straight whilst flashing her underwear to perverts.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
She's an adult I am not sure (particularly in the US) what her family can do even if they want to. She loves the attention being anorexic brings her. Given she's still alive it's an even worse example she's setting - like being that unwell isn't fatal.
In the US you can have someone sectioned under a 72 hour hold if you provide concrete evidence they need it. Eugenia's mother could absolutely get that process started if she wanted to. Any competent, ethical doctor would then be able to examine Eugenia, do an EKG, run lab tests, etc. and assess that she is a danger to herself and have her involuntarily admitted. Her weight alone will lead to organ failure - if it hasn't started to already.

Regarding the police: In the US the police can only take action if the person is considered a physical risk to society, has expressed the desire to physically harm themselves or others, or is in acting in a way that may indicate drug use while in public or has been tracked down as a drug dealer. Because Eugenia is sitting quietly in her room, denying wanting to hurt herself or anyone else there's not much - if anything - they can do. It's frustrating as I've been through it with a family member.

Reactions: 1
In the US you can have someone sectioned under a 72 hour hold if you provide concrete evidence they need it. Eugenia's mother could absolutely get that process started if she wanted to. Any competent, ethical doctor would then be able to examine Eugenia, do an EKG, run lab tests, etc. and assess that she is a danger to herself and have her involuntarily admitted. Her weight alone will lead to organ failure - if it hasn't started to already.
Another forum has pointed out that it is her mother who films a lot of the videos of her outside and also does the body checking stuff. Her family is basically enabling it which is very sad

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.