Eugenia Cooney

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eugenia is a sweet, gentle soul who is too nice for her own good. I’m happy to see she seems a bit better but there is a lot of sadness in her eyes. I think it was a bit soon coming back. The internet can be so damaging for everyone but more so the already damaged. I like Shane but he doesn’t ask the right questions and just glosses over things. I know we are not entitled to know everything but if she says that nothings off limits and he is doing a whole video about her I would have liked to have known more about how her family were coping and what they had tried to do to help her or what they thought of the situation and also what was it the made her say “now is the time to get better”. Did she have a health scare or was she put on psychiatric hold? Not saying that info should be included just voicing it here. Something must have happened. Anyway, I’m just happy there is a bit of an improvement. I hope she works on her inner happiness, the poor girl tries so hard to be overly happy and friendly. It must be draining. I just hope the trolls keep away, but I doubt they will. Maybe she could get someone to monitor her public social media for her and then have a private one just for herself and people she knows.

Reactions: 3
I think it was a good idea to do the video she's helping raise awareness and i do think it may help.others who may have the same or similar health issues. She's been able to say she needed help and that's a big step. Maybe Shane didn't cover everything but he's not an expert on the subject and did his best. IMO its a great video.

Reactions: 2
I doubt she was detained, I assume her treatment was mostly for reefeeding considering she was out so soon and to be honest there’s absolutely no way in hell shes done any kind of work towards “mental” recovery.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she was back in some kind of treatment within the next 12 months. I think the pressure from the public was what made her agree to treatment. That wasn’t going to go away, its why I worry about her recovery and what exactly made her want to recover 😐
Is she saying what she knows people want to hear. And for how long. Nobody changes behaviour that quickly, her attitude is one of a girl who forgot to take her antibiotics for a few days, not a girl who starved herself to a drastically low weight

I honestly think this was such a bad fit, the more I’m thinking about it the more I’m questioning how it was set up, Shane Dawson out of nowhere contacted her when she was at her worst,
and I bet he had this in mind from day one.
I think it was the best way for her to return to the internet, it definitely took the pressure off her own “comeback” upload but it was way to early, and with someone who really doesn’t have the personality to pull of a conversation like this.

Personally I found the conversation about the Diet Coke before the interview felt so wrong as well, to most people probably not, to eating disorder patients. 😐
The little random clip scattered throughout the video really annoyed me, the text on screen, that bloody therapist he pulls out every now and then 😏

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
The danger I sense is that people are assuming she’s ok now cos she’s gained some weight.

Reactions: 8
The danger I sense is that people are assuming she’s ok now cos she’s gained some weight.
Agree, mentally she’ll be at her worst.
It’s like throwing an alcoholic into a pub 3 months after treatment and having everyone tell them how well they’re doing while leaving the vodka bottles open 😐
If she’s out of treatment with no real meal support I give it a few months before we’re back to square one.
Therapy can only work when her body is at a point it can process the mental work. And she wouldn’t be there yet, she’s still working with a starved brain that’s obvious in her speech.

• Heart
Agree, mentally she’ll be at her worst.
It’s like throwing an alcoholic into a pub 3 months after treatment and having everyone tell them how well they’re doing while leaving the vodka bottles open 😐
If she’s out of treatment with no real meal support I give it a few months before we’re back to square one.
Therapy can only work when her body is at a point it can process the mental work. And she wouldn’t be there yet, she’s still working with a starved brain that’s obvious in her speech.
Totally agree with you!

It’s scary as hell, she’s so young and now has EVERYONE of Shane’s 21mill following aware of her as well as her own. She’s under immense pressure now to “remain well” she hasn’t got to her set point weight wise, it’s so obvious. One bad week and she will be back to underweight and unwell.

Shane looks like he’s got a lot bigger since his last few videos or is that just me

Her friends who actually had to stage an intervention that led to her being put on an involuntary psychiatric hold have posted a video that gives some background. Just search Jaclyn Glenn.

I felt Shane’s video was pointless other than for viewers to see she is in recovery. She didn’t really seem ready to talk about it and the narrative that was spun was different to the picture painted by her friends. Her mum sounds like she is the one with the problem and 6 months of treatment would be barely scraping the surface.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Her friends who actually had to stage an intervention that led to her being put on an involuntary psychiatric hold have posted a video that gives some background. Just search Jaclyn Glenn.

I felt Shane’s video was pointless other than for viewers to see she is in recovery. She didn’t really seem ready to talk about it and the narrative that was spun was different to the picture painted by her friends. Her mum sounds like she is the one with the problem and 6 months of treatment would be barely scraping the surface.
Just watched both videos. She's definitely still in danger, poor lady. I hope she can fully recover.

• Sad
Reactions: 1

Just watched Jaclyn's video after reading this and it's eye opening! Makes Shane's seem a complete shambles.

Reactions: 4
I think anyone who knows this illness knows that girl might have ate a few sandwiches, but she ate them to get out of treatment, not because she’s recovering
I will say 1000000000000% I blame her mum from what is going on right now, maybe not her illness, but the control her Illness has over everyone.
she can’t make her go into treatment, but she colluded with her illness and will continue to do so. Unfortunately some parents do this. But the fact is they were earning money on the back of her being anorexic and looking like a skeleton.

I’m confused by so much of this....
The police would not have just been turned away if she had been reported as unsafe, she would have been assessed, legally she would have needed to be SEEN before the police left the premises. And then assessed if necessary. If she was reported as a danger to herself previously, and was so physically underweight she would have been seen by a MH professional. They said the police would go there and leave?
I’m confused by this.

I have a MASSIVE problem with these “friends” jumping on screen the minute this documentary dropped to share “their truth” 🙄
Because they were angry. Because they were hurt. Because they want to be painted as the hero’s? Wanted clout?
This was nothing to do with the girl who is suffering from anorexia, this was about them and I’ve no time for that at all.
Imo, It doesn’t matter what the internet thinks this shouldn’t be aired on line.
A simple “people don’t know what’s going on so don’t judge” tweet would have sufficed if they felt the need to clear their names.

And this might not be a popular opinion, if my friends had tricked me like this, regardless of their intentions. I would not be speaking to them again either.
I understand the reason for the intervention, I understand their NEEDED to be an intervention. But I don’t agree with how they went about it.
And if Eugenia didn’t already have enough to deal with, this would have made things a million times worse. A very unwell girl facing a 51 50 out of the blue must have scared her to death. I’m assuming when she was released from this she then accepted treatment, so I hope at some point she will go back and do a program for the right reasons.
I’m so confused as to what to think about this all.
Clearly the girl needs to get away from the lot of them, but I’m including these friends.
Imo these are people looking out for Eugenia’s best interests for clout. And dragging her mother, even IF they are right, on the day she returns to the internet just doesn’t sit right with me.
Why do this on the internet....

I think anyone who knows this illness knows that girl might have ate a few sandwiches, but she ate them to get out of treatment, not because she’s recovering
I will say 1000000000000% I blame her mum from what is going on right now, maybe not her illness, but the control her Illness has over everyone.
she can’t make her go into treatment, but she colluded with her illness and will continue to do so. Unfortunately some parents do this. But the fact is they were earning money on the back of her being anorexic and looking like a skeleton.

I’m confused by so much of this....
The police would not have just been turned away if she had been reported as unsafe, she would have been assessed, legally she would have needed to be SEEN before the police left the premises. And then assessed if necessary. If she was reported as a danger to herself previously, and was so physically underweight she would have been seen by a MH professional. They said the police would go there and leave?
I’m confused by this.

I have a MASSIVE problem with these “friends” jumping on screen the minute this documentary dropped to share “their truth” 🙄
Because they were angry. Because they were hurt. Because they want to be painted as the hero’s? Wanted clout?
This was nothing to do with the girl who is suffering from anorexia, this was about them and I’ve no time for that at all.
Imo, It doesn’t matter what the internet thinks this shouldn’t be aired on line.
A simple “people don’t know what’s going on so don’t judge” tweet would have sufficed if they felt the need to clear their names.

And this might not be a popular opinion, if my friends had tricked me like this, regardless of their intentions. I would not be speaking to them again either.
I understand the reason for the intervention, I understand their NEEDED to be an intervention. But I don’t agree with how they went about it.
And if Eugenia didn’t already have enough to deal with, this would have made things a million times worse. A very unwell girl facing a 51 50 out of the blue must have scared her to death. I’m assuming when she was released from this she then accepted treatment, so I hope at some point she will go back and do a program for the right reasons.
I’m so confused as to what to think about this all.
Clearly the girl needs to get away from the lot of them, but I’m including these friends.
Imo these are people looking out for Eugenia’s best interests for clout. And dragging her mother, even IF they are right, on the day she returns to the internet just doesn’t sit right with me.
Why do this on the internet....
I think them making the video has come from the hurt they feel at being portrayed as bullies in Shane’s video. I imagine there would also be an element of wtf with the way Shane carries on,he loves her but hasn’t seen her for 5 years.... if I was the friend I would also be a bit miffed at her shouting out pewdie pie and saying him asking people to give her love and support really helped. It must be so frustrating when her friends genuinely wanted to help and support her. I am not saying if they were right or wrong to make the video btw, just what I think their motivation was.

I think Shane’s video was entirely pointless.

I think them making the video has come from the hurt they feel at being portrayed as bullies in Shane’s video. I imagine there would also be an element of wtf with the way Shane carries on,he loves her but hasn’t seen her for 5 years.... if I was the friend I would also be a bit miffed at her shouting out pewdie pie and saying him asking people to give her love and support really helped. It must be so frustrating when her friends genuinely wanted to help and support her.

I think Shane’s video was entirely pointless.

I agree but uploading this, getting praise for what they did, could be really detrimental to Eugenia in the long run.
This wasn’t their story to tell,
and maybe they do feel hurt that what they’ve done hasn’t been acknowledged but does it really matter what millions of strangers think. They went to far to look like hero’s.
As a friend you don’t sell your friends privacy for clout. They seemed like they were hurt that they hadn’t been included in the story more than anything.
I think there are other ways they could have brought attention to her mother but this wasn’t it 😐

I think her friends feel she is at risk under her mums “care” and that is why they went public, along with being pissed off that she referred to them as bullies. It seems the mum very much has Eugenia under lock and key. In that unhealthy environment is were she ended up weeks from death and going back to that she isn’t going to flourish and grow if her mum is still pulling the strings.

So weird that her mum seemed to have enabled her. I can’t imagine how scary it would be to see your child waste away before your eyes like that.

I think her friends feel she is at risk under her mums “care” and that is why they went public, along with being pissed off that she referred to them as bullies. It seems the mum very much has Eugenia under lock and key. In that unhealthy environment is were she ended up weeks from death and going back to that she isn’t going to flourish and grow if her mum is still pulling the strings.

And I do agree with all of that, but in her eyes she will be angry at them, she has every right to be, who wouldn’t be in her position, everyone is failing her.
That’s not me saying what they did was wrong, but she’s not going to see it that way.
My problem is with their first upload which focuses heavily on what they did, how they felt.
The stuff about her mum was a brief mention if anything in the full clout chasing story.

So weird that her mum seemed to have enabled her. I can’t imagine how scary it would be to see your child waste away before your eyes like that.
It does happen, it’s scary but it does, I’m more shocked at how publicly it’s happened in this case, but the stuff about her mum has been known and spoken about for years, it’s not new, we just never had so much detail.

I didn't watch all of Shane's videos as it was very long but I agree, it seemed a bit pointless...like it was nice to see her so happy and positive still, but I agree that she didn't seem ready to talk about it and that also some questions may have been a bit too invasive to talk about. I think it would've been nicer if proceeds was going to an ED charity or programme but I doubt thats the case...I don't know, him profiting off of her trauma/illness makes me uncomfortable. 😕

I haven't watched the full Jaclyn Glenn video yet, just the short updated one but I 100% believe them. I've always found it odd how her mum didn't seem to do anything (I get Eugenia was an adult) but she was even acting all happy in videos with her. I think Eugenia was financially supporting her parents a lot and so it felt kind of exploitive - like they were turning a blind eye so she could continue doing try-on videos as they knew it'd bring in a ton of views and money.

I usually like shane's videos but his usual style of video just didn't work with the subject they were doing it on. I get that they wanted to make it "raw and real" but maybe it would have helped if they spoke properly beforehand. I agree it was too soon, I suffered with anorexia throughout my teens and it took me years to recover physically and mentally after first seeking help because there were a lot of ups and downs. But considering she's never spoken about it online this was a huge step for her

you can tell she’s totally relapsed (not that she was actually engaged in recovery anyway) and is doing the disturbing body check videos again. Her ‘fans’ telling her how perfect she is are literally her worst enemies alongside her mother.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.