Estee Lalonde #4 Mirror Water on the wall, who is the Goopiest of them all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ones who are always claiming they work *sooOo much* are doing the complete opposite. Counterexample, another influencer/content creator/whatever you want to call it who I follow, Brittany Bathgate, doesn’t constantly throw in your face that she works so hard and we just don’t understand how hard it is to be an influencer. She recently posted a vlog that actually demonstrated what she does for a sponsored job if anyone’s interested, I found it really interesting at least haha (around the 23:00 mark, sorry I’m on mobile so can’t share at the time stamp!):

Reactions: 5
The ones who are always claiming they work *sooOo much* are doing the complete opposite. Counterexample, another influencer/content creator/whatever you want to call it who I follow, Brittany Bathgate, doesn’t constantly throw in your face that she works so hard and we just don’t understand how hard it is to be an influencer. She recently posted a vlog that actually demonstrated what she does for a sponsored job if anyone’s interested, I found it really interesting at least haha (around the 23:00 mark, sorry I’m on mobile so can’t share at the time stamp!):
Thank you for sharing that, it was very interesting! To me it's staggering how much more personable Brittany seems than Estee. Estee makes it seem like being an influencer or brand founder is all about "me, eating" meetings and freebies. Now and then she'll mention something like how they're having trouble finding the right ingredient for a MW product or something and then moves on but THAT'S the interesting stuff to me! What is the process? How do you do it? We all know influencers are influencers now, there's nothing wrong with openly talking about it anymore or taking us behind the scenes.

For all the (justified) flack MW gets, they are actually creating and producing product, and Estee is really missing out on a chance to both generate new content and keep her YT thing going by acting so mysterious about what she does for work. Especially because I still suspect that she does duck-all to get all her influencer freebies, so she might as well focus on the actual company she's started.

Reactions: 7
go visit the BB thread if you want to see why she's so vapid and uncreative. BB looks good next to Estee but she's queen of ripping off smaller creators and passing off their style as her own.

Reactions: 10
go visit the BB thread if you want to see why she's so vapid and uncreative. BB looks good next to Estee but she's queen of ripping off smaller creators and passing off their style as her own.
Oh no, I didn’t even know she had a thread! Thanks

Reactions: 3
Her skin looks really in her Biossance video ad. If I were the sponsor, I would be insulted she chose to film the AD on a horrible skin day. Just goes to show her almost-daily sponsored facials really are of no benefit, aside from greedily mooching from the small business owners.

Has anyone noticed her neck? I got distracted by what seemed to look like an enlarged thyroid.

Reactions: 4
Her skin looks really in her Biossance video ad. If I were the sponsor, I would be insulted she chose to film the AD on a horrible skin day. Just goes to show her almost-daily sponsored facials really are of no benefit, aside from greedily mooching from the small business owners.
I really think she needs to take on a 'less is more' approach to skincare

Reactions: 12
Has anyone noticed her neck? I got distracted by what seemed to look like an enlarged thyroid.
I've always thought Estée may have some thyroid issue, because of some things she sometimes complains about...
It looks like she regularly has swollen eyelids and her eyes can look slightly bulging.

Reactions: 6
She really shows her ignorance in her approach to skincare, which is essentially
If it's free to me and pricey, it must be good.
She is showing her age and then some. Ironic considering she's a paid shill for
so many cosmetic/skincare lines. Also ironic because she has no clue what any
of them actually do for ones skin.

I never really paid any attention to her jewellery line because I didn't wear any until recently.
This story caught my eye because I have the exact same earrings that I bought in November in TK Maxx for 12-14 quid. 18ct gold plated just like Estée's. Except Estée's cost £150. 😂😂😂
Mine are by MeMe London and they're called Penelope iirc. (Don't know anything about the company, I just saw a pair of affordable earrings that I liked and I bought them)
IMG_20220414_172018.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
If the jewelry isn’t made locally in the UK then I don’t know where they’re getting those prices from.. and it’s not, it’s made in Thailand

• Wow
Reactions: 9
That is a crazy amount for gold plated… they are fully ripping off customers. Mejuri sells both 14K gold and gold vermeil, and their gold vermeil pieces, which are very nice, are a fraction of that price. You can get a pair of gold vermeil hoops for like $68 CAD (which is like 40 GBP).
If you’re willing to spend that much on gold plated earrings…you could hold off and spend a little more or almost the same on a real 14k gold pair. Tsk.

Reactions: 14
That is a crazy amount for gold plated… they are fully ripping off customers. Mejuri sells both 14K gold and gold vermeil, and their gold vermeil pieces, which are very nice, are a fraction of that price. You can get a pair of gold vermeil hoops for like $68 CAD (which is like 40 GBP).
If you’re willing to spend that much on gold plated earrings…you could hold off and spend a little more or almost the same on a real 14k gold pair. Tsk.
And when she got called out for that she had the audacity to tell people to just go get them re-plated in gold when they inevitably tarnish

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I never really paid any attention to her jewellery line because I didn't wear any until recently.
This story caught my eye because I have the exact same earrings that I bought in November in TK Maxx for 12-14 quid. 18ct gold plated just like Estée's. Except Estée's cost £150. 😂😂😂
Mine are by MeMe London and they're called Penelope iirc. (Don't know anything about the company, I just saw a pair of affordable earrings that I liked and I bought them)View attachment 1194103
Oh interesting! I wonder whether both her brand and the MeMe London have the same supplier?
They're a lovely shape, but def not worth what she charges for them (I would have bought them too at 12 quid!)

Reactions: 4
I haven't realize how expensive estee's jewerly is. I'm much more happy buying from local women who make the jewels themselves.

Reactions: 9
It must be selling well though, no? No sign of that contract ending anytime soon. Must be her biggest source of income these days, since I can't imagine MirrorBullshit doing all that well.

She's on some new podcast, she had clips in her IG stories and what did she feature to get people to look ( like I did) lol.. she was talking about drinking of course...

1650302029507.png

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Who is she to give advice about getting to know yourself? Her happiness is so dependant on other people and situations 🫠

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Who is she to give advice about getting to know yourself? Her happiness is so dependant on other people and situations 🫠
I mean yeah, Estee needs an assitatnt to pretty much wipe her butt and cook her food, then complains that she actually goes to the post office ALL BY HERSELF!! And then proceeds to give deep life advice that's pretty much "buy my body oil and my journal and you too will be better, I promise".

• Haha
  • Heart
It must be selling well though, no? No sign of that contract ending anytime soon. Must be her biggest source of income these days, since I can't imagine MirrorBullshit doing all that well.
It’s dreadful quality, I got her snake necklace as a gift and it literally snapped in two after only a few wears.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.