Estee Lalonde #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading it now, uff, I feel sad for her.
Same here. I’m going through it right now so I can definitely sympathize with her to an extent. I do have to admire her for being open about it, it can’t be easy to share that with the world. Especially because she’s in an industry where most people pretend to have the perfect life.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Going through probably my worst depressive episode right now, and I appreciated how she discussed it and how she isn't hiding it to keep up the image of perfection that is what sells on social media. That said, I wish she would stop joking about drinking so much she forgets things / making light of the fact that she's drinking while on anti-depressants. You should not be drinking while taking citalopram, and I'm sure her doctor has told her this.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She says she upped her antidepressant dose and in the next breath says she didn’t post because she was busy drinking too much as per usual.

Hopefully she’ll seek real help one day instead of expecting to get it from social media attention.

ETA that while I know she has depression, and genuinely do hope that one day she does get real help, I just don’t feel ‘sympathy’ based on the narratives she chooses to randomly share, like I can’t mentally attach to what she is saying anymore. She is apparently introverted and just wants to be alone with her dog to recharge before she is forced to ~work all day in a public job~ but she also just got back from two weeks partying and binge drinking in Mexico? Where she went of her own accord? (During a COVID surge btw where she got back and didn’t isolate or even so much as wear a mask when going out but that doesn’t impact her so whatever). She shares herself out drinking and dining and socializing pretty much every day, too. I’m not saying that this means she isn’t depressed— quite the contrary— but I just can’t grasp at the portrait of herself she paints here. Some if it is real I know, but so much of it like… she can’t be honest about herself ever and fine, thats her business, she clearly has issues to work out there, but then why share it with everyone? Idk. Also the part where she had to name drop Mirror Water… sigh.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Agree - it's very refreshing and relatable to see an influencer be so open about their depression, especially when so many of us are going through it. That said, it makes me wonder how much longer she can go on being an influencer. It seems like one of the worst jobs for exacerbating depression and anxiety. All those freebies and lavish trips and nothing fills the void, which probably creates a viscous cycle.

Reactions: 13
She says she upped her antidepressant dose and in the next breath says she didn’t post because she was busy drinking too much as per usual.

Hopefully she’ll seek real help one day instead of expecting to get it from social media attention.

ETA that while I know she has depression, and genuinely do hope that one day she does get real help, I just don’t feel ‘sympathy’ based on the narratives she chooses to randomly share, like I can’t mentally attach to what she is saying anymore. She is apparently introverted and just wants to be alone with her dog to recharge before she is forced to ~work all day in a public job~ but she also just got back from two weeks partying and binge drinking in Mexico? Where she went of her own accord? (During a COVID surge btw where she got back and didn’t isolate or even so much as wear a mask when going out but that doesn’t impact her so whatever). She shares herself out drinking and dining and socializing pretty much every day, too. I’m not saying that this means she isn’t depressed— quite the contrary— but I just can’t grasp at the portrait of herself she paints here. Some if it is real I know, but so much of it like… she can’t be honest about herself ever and fine, thats her business, she clearly has issues to work out there, but then why share it with everyone? Idk. Also the part where she had to name drop Mirror Water… sigh.
I'm not sure if she's actually an introvert or is just crappy with relationships so she "prefers to spend time alone with her dog"

Reactions: 5
Shes an introvert, her and Aslan never really left the house much when they were together
Yeah I also remember watching a video, this was after the breakup where she was already dressed and ready to go outside and she looked like she wanted to cry and said that she really can't do it and that she will just stay home instead. Not sure if it was something for work I think it was just something social, but I could feel that exhausted heaviness in her, she wasn't making it up.

Reactions: 10
I'm not sure if she's actually an introvert or is just crappy with relationships so she "prefers to spend time alone with her dog"
There are plenty of extroverts who are crappy in relationships :D

She's an introvert because when she feels low, she retreats to her home, being alone watching Netflix. If she were an extrovert, she'd be going out to a club or even just a cafe to not even meet people, just be around them.

• Haha
Weirdly I have the complete opposite expression that every other influencer suffers from mental health and they all discuss it online. Also I feel like being an influencer is an appropriate job for someone with depression because you can do it at your own pace and under your own conditions.

Reactions: 9
I think her issue is more social anxiety rather than being an introvert. They are very different things and that would align more with her depresision. I mean there's nothing wrong with being an introvert and it doesn't necessarily mean you are self- isolating. In fact, she shows more signs of being an extrovert, a very frustrated extrovert.

Reactions: 11
For the record, my point was less about if she is an introvert or extrovert, but rather the narrative of ‘I stay home and keep quiet and then gather my energy to bravely face my public job’ is not accurate. For the last several years she has prioritized partying, constant socializing, lots of travel with others, dating, and drinking. And the reason we know this is because she is always putting it on social media.

Like, I think she is depressed among other things, and I think she has this odd inability to see herself and always has these different versions of who she is so that the things she says often make no sense at all…

Drinking is not going to help her depression or anxiety, regardless of what medication she is on.

Reactions: 16
I agree to an extent, it’s good for people to see that honesty from her and know they’re not alone if they’re going through something similar. Until a went on a course at work, I didn’t really understand how being introverted affects my energy levels so it’s good she’s talking about that to a wide audience.
But, talk about mixed messages. Like yes, doctor would have told her to avoid alcohol if she’s on antidepressants, what with alcohol being a depressant and all. That was the first thing I raised an eyebrow at.
And then after being really open and honest about depression she starts shilling her brand. No. I’m out. That’s really not ok to me. Effectively saying “I don’t want to use this as a sales opportunity but…” and then doing exactly that seems so disingenuous. As someone else who has depression, anxiety and is introverted I can empathise, however it feels like she’s just making light of them and using those things as a way to sell. I’m really disappointed she decided to go that way with the post.

Reactions: 13
Weirdly I have the complete opposite expression that every other influencer suffers from mental health and they all discuss it online. Also I feel like being an influencer is an appropriate job for someone with depression because you can do it at your own pace and under your own conditions.
I feel like I also have this experience! Every other influencer seems to be talking about their struggles with depression, anxiety etc. It’s great to see so much openness and transparency around it. And while I know that you cannot compare mental illness/trauma, and you can’t dismiss someone’s experience just because you think others have it worse, I do wish Estée would have a bit more perspective. She has the money and time to access regular professional help. She has the ability to spend a whole day at home to prepare herself for the next day in her “public facing job”. If you work a normal job you don’t have that luxury and honestly, with depression, sometimes that is for the best! She says she “doesn’t stress about consistency” when that can be one of the most helpful tools in managing depression. A hike or a Pilates session every few weeks won’t do much good. What will help is a consistent short walk or some stretching every day. Having somewhere to be, where people are expecting to see you, and you feel like you’re contributing, is so important in establishing a routine. This may be projecting, as I always feel my mental health deteriorates in periods when I have been without that consistency. And obviously I know how a horrible job is damaging to your mental health. But Estée doesn’t need to get a job at McDonald’s. She can go and volunteer a few mornings a week. Just find something that gives her some purpose outside of consumption and maintaining her image.

What intrigues me is when she goes ALL IN with someone, like claudia for example. That requieres a lot of energy that doesn't really match with being an introvert I think.

Reactions: 8
What intrigues me is when she goes ALL IN with someone, like claudia for example. That requieres a lot of energy that doesn't really match with being an introvert I think.
I do agree with a lot of these comments, I just don’t think we can pin everyone down to being either introverted or extroverted and then ticking everything in that box. We’re all a bit of both at varying degrees.

Reactions: 16
I do agree with a lot of these comments, I just don’t think we can pin everyone down to being either introverted or extroverted and then ticking everything in that box. We’re all a bit of both at varying degrees.
I would agree to that. I'm introverted and while I've never gotten any anxiety diagnosis, I think that I might have some form of a slight social anxiety that makes me uncomfortable and gatherings, even in well-known settings. But: when I have a friend where I just "click" with them, then yes, I am very similar and go all in. I think the energy for that comes out of a sense of security due to that person.
Which makes the crash even harder if the friendship dies down, as you lose both the security and the energy kick it gave you.

Sorry to be so horrible but her friend Rebecca is just so.. greasy looking. Also nothing to do with her being a bigger gal but that gaping mouth / pouting thing she only seems to know how to do is not workin’ for her.

Sorry to be so horrible but her friend Rebecca is just so.. greasy looking. Also nothing to do with her being a bigger gal but that gaping mouth / pouting thing she only seems to know how to do is not workin’ for her.
Her face is so off-putting to me. Looks like dead fish in the frozen Tesco isle

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That's the only way I can describe her too, her hair always seems drenched in baby oil or something.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.