Estee Lalonde #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1643708575491.png

This is soooo ~I’m with someone but *please* don’t invade my personal space by asking about my dating life~

• Haha
Reactions: 17
there's always a lot of talk about her hair on here, and on guru too so I wanted to say something about it. I think a lot of people see making changes on their bodies as some kind of control over their lives. You know, when everything falls apart and you cannot control everything you change the only thing you can. Some people lose weight, some dye their hair and some get tattoos.

obviously she thinks her blonde hair is an improvement to the old estee, which is fine. she tried to re-build herself so many times, even when she was with aslan. but they were all superficial since she couldn't make an effort to do an actual something about her life.

I also think estee's drinking, partying and other stuff weren't real changes either. I think she liked alcohol and partying but didn't like aslan's friends, or maybe they didn't like her which is more likely. It was her excuse to stay at home alone while aslan spent time with his friends. I mean we always talked about how his family didn't approve of estee but his Cambridge friends or hipster photography clique couldn't be too happy with estee either. I'm sure she faced some kind of mellow bullying or at least disinterest from them since they wouldn't too keen to talk about dr phil. So she came up with the grandma persona which also let her sleep at home as much as she could while she stayed away from aslan's judgemental friends.

Also @Callan so sorry for your loss.
I definitely agree with the physical changes being her form of control, like how she is constantly going to the hair salon— it’s a way she gets to feel some of that in her life and sense of self.

The alcohol I don’t agree so much with… Estée and Aslan spent a lot of time just the two of them, especially travelling, and even then Estée did the whole ‘won’t have a drink, want to be back at the hotel room with my nightshirt on at 8pm’ thing when there was no threat of going out with anyone else and the two of them could’ve just had some fun. I remember during their ’Nordic’ trip (or whatever it was called), Estée had a drink at dinner one night and it was a huge deal. Another that stands out to me is when they were in Barcelona and how much Estée insisted on being back at their Air BnB early in the evenings and didn’t wanna do anything too late. The ‘no drinking’ was always in combination with a bit of recluse behaviour.

Also I remember Amelia commenting on how Estée would always decline her invitations out (this was when Estée was with Aslan), and so she didn’t invite her so much anymore because she felt bad knowing Estée didn’t really want to go. Obviously that is in contrast to her new persona.

I think old Estée fit this type of person that I’ve seen where they are moreso (1) insecure and (2) somewhat depressed and anxious but don’t really understand their social anxiety, they think of it more as ‘homebody’………. And so they prefer their ‘safety’ behaviour and for Estée that was Aslan and their life and home, they became so safe and routine for her she didn’t really want anything else so she didn’t invest in friendships or explore other things.

But it’s like without Aslan she went super far in the other direction to try and be the complete opposite girl than she was, and I think funnily enough, drinking and alcohol have become her safe retreat. I mean she doesn’t just have a drink regularly, it looks like she gets fully drunk several times a week at minimum.

Reactions: 13
The smug look on her face. You couldn't pay me to listen to whatever self-absorbed crap she has to say on that podcast.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was watching a video with barbie ferreira I laughed at the part were she takes more than 1 bath a day and her nighr routine. Sound like estee, difference is this girl actually works, hehe.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I listened to it and it’s literally just about baths and they say “mirror water” about 1000 times. Also the story of how she came up with the name has changed again lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I listened to it and it’s literally just about baths and they say “mirror water” about 1000 times. Also the story of how she came up with the name has changed again lol
I considered it for about two seconds but I just can't :D I can't think of a single topic I'd like to hear Estee talk about. She has literally nothing interesting to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Heard this riddle on The Simpsons of all places: what sees everything but understands nothing? A mirror. Estée's Mirror Water name finally makes sense if you think of it from that perspective!😉

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What’s with the wine drinking on stories again? Such a weird thing to do from a branding perspective. Also from most other perspectives, but especially the branding as girlboss one

Reactions: 5
What’s with the wine drinking on stories again? Such a weird thing to do from a branding perspective. Also from most other perspectives, but especially the branding as girlboss one
Real sick of all the glorification of drinking. So many people aren’t aware of how little alcohol it takes for it to start being a problem, for both your physical & mental health. For someone with a “wellness” brand it’s honestly pretty irresponsible. No, it doesn’t make you cool and relatable. It makes you sad and borderline alcoholic.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.