Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was she a burlesque dancer?
She had a vintage clothing company and a vintage tea party company (the Vintage Patisserie, which she took on Dragons Den around 2010). I believe the Angel Adoree persona stems from that era.

Reactions: 4
She had a vintage clothing company and a vintage tea party company (the Vintage Patisserie, which she took on Dragons Den around 2010). I believe the Angel Adoree persona stems from that era.
Even Dick calls her Angela.

Reactions: 2
Did anyone watch last night , the swimming pool and make Dorothy a bike episode 🤦🏽‍♀️ Seriously a toilet with no door , a pool that comes to your knees if you are lucky, and the bike nonsense …. At the end Dorothy had clearly switched to her real bike as the fake bike was rubbish and way too small for her

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They are both up their own arses
So annoying
Oh no, I like them! I think as the show has grown they’ve got chucked a lot of money by channel 4 (I’m sure I read it was one of the highest ratings). They defo have become less relatable with some of the larger, grander and somewhat unnecessary projects, but it keeps the content coming !

Oh no, I like them! I think as the show has grown they’ve got chucked a lot of money by channel 4 (I’m sure I read it was one of the highest ratings). They defo have become less relatable with some of the larger, grander and somewhat unnecessary projects, but it keeps the content coming !
Agreed - they talked for years about fixing the roof and how expensive it would be, then started doing it and decided to do the render at the same time?! Not complaining though 😁 it’s a guilty pleasure!

Reactions: 9
Everything with Angel is so extra, wrapping presents with homemade tassels, looks shite btw, macrame baubles blah blah blah...I used to love watching them but it’s gone all extra sickly sweet..very much up their own arses oh and Dicks moustache is just🤮🤮🤮

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Everything with Angel is so extra, wrapping presents with homemade tassels, looks shite btw, macrame baubles blah blah blah...I used to love watching them but it’s gone all extra sickly sweet..very much up their own arses oh and Dicks moustache is just🤮🤮🤮
Agree I haven't watched any of this series, it's all a bit over the top and less of a renovation and will it won't it work project. In the beginning you kind of went on the journey but now they decorate for the sake of it and the oh will ot work out? well of course it will and you'll butt noses at the end looking all smug 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Who has the time to macrame baubles 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I enjoy watching it, have they done up every room now? I don't share their taste though some of their decor looks a bit too tacky and busy for me

Reactions: 3
Love this show! Makes me want to buy a chateau 😂 though some of their taste isn’t for me. The butterflies up the wall and vintage isn’t my jam but I get she’s trying to keep it in keeping with its age. Love dick (lol) but his tash gives me the heebie jeebies 😂

I've really begun to dislike this pair now.... Gurus to The Chateu-buying dreamers that they are. And by the way, their financial success comes from all the TV exposure I reckon- ie buying the Chateu in France would not have the roaring successful move it was, had the tv company not discovered them.

Reactions: 13
I've really begun to dislike this pair now.... Gurus to The Chateu-buying dreamers that they are. And by the way, their financial success comes from all the TV exposure I reckon- ie buying the Chateu in France would not have the roaring successful move it was, had the tv company not discovered them.
I completely agree. I watched it last night and they went on a (very fake) camping trip in their beautifully renovated campervan. I noticed they have camping pods in the garden as well, so plenty of opportunities to make money.
The kids are cute but Arthur is going to be bullied at school I think 😕

Reactions: 7