Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They do have another programme next year. 'Secret France' where they find local artisans.

Press release.

We look forward to working with Two Rivers and Chateau TV to follow Dick and Angel as they turn their attentions to new projects and new adventures, firstly unlocking the secrets of beautiful France in a brand new travel series.'

Reactions: 5
They do have another programme next year. 'Secret France' where they find local artisans.

Press release.

We look forward to working with Two Rivers and Chateau TV to follow Dick and Angel as they turn their attentions to new projects and new adventures, firstly unlocking the secrets of beautiful France in a brand new travel series.'
Frankly this sounds better, but it would be preferred if another pair were unlocking these ‘secrets’ 🙄 . These smug two are becoming insufferable! (And poor Arthur 😢)

Reactions: 8
I seen a photo a few weeks back maybe to promote this new series, but poor Arthur is just getting bigger and bigger, I know there was some suggestion before he may have extra needs of some sort and that can bring issues with food, some kids don't eat, some over eat but seems like they and granny may over indulge him. Saying that Dicks older children aren't like that so it can't be oh he's big like his dad.

Reactions: 7
So, SO true. Brits abroad are such a bleeping embarrassment. I stumbled across Fernibops (Fern Weston-Bennett)
via Nicki Positano and they have lived in France for a year. Her husband is a complete and utter dick, as is she, but they have been there a year, and "she doesn't want to force it" FFS!! What a pathetic streak of piss!! If you cannot speak French within a year, or are not actively learning from other French people, piss off back to Blighty and get yourself a bag of chips and a can of Tennent's, you embarrassing, ignorant wench!
I recently hate watched her say "walla, walla". Because that's how you pronounce "Voila!" :rolleyes: Go watch some of her vlogs. You will be shouting at the screen within minutes. lol
Really want a thread on her here, but she has under 7000 followers. ☠😂
Omg I'm desperate to know the tea on her. They seem to be loaded and yet when she told a story of how they begun she said they started out living in a caravan and Ryan had a business that went bankrupt. There's got to be loads of goss surrounding these two.
Back to topic Angels face seems really red, I think she's got a bit of rosacea going on. Also I think good friend Steve is the one who does most of the work along with a team of maintenance men and Angela def doesn't clean that great big castle herself, she must have a shed load of helpers.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Omg I'm desperate to know the tea on her. They seem to be loaded and yet when she told a story of how they begun she said they started out living in a caravan and Ryan had a business that went bankrupt. There's got to be loads of goss surrounding these two.
Oy! Need to know more of this! Wonder if we are allowed to open a thread on her...🤔

Reactions: 2
Oy! Need to know more of this! Wonder if we are allowed to open a thread on her...🤔
They were also on, what's that programme called?........Dont tell the bride?........ One of those type of programmes, I've trawled thru but can't find it. Several of the followers have left comments referring to it that swiftly get deleted. Along with anything even remotely negative. Someone once was telling her about supplements etc and she deleted the whole bloody thing. Her comments are heavily censored.

Anyway Dick and Angela.... Blatantly what we see is not the full story but the full story of a shed load of helpers wouldn't make such good viewing. Wonder how much the cost of a wedding there is? Can't be cheap.

They were also on, what's that programme called?........Dont tell the bride?........ One of those type of programmes, I've trawled thru but can't find it. Several of the followers have left comments referring to it that swiftly get deleted. Along with anything even remotely negative. Someone once was telling her about supplements etc and she deleted the whole bloody thing. Her comments are heavily censored.

Anyway Dick and Angela.... Blatantly what we see is not the full story but the full story of a shed load of helpers wouldn't make such good viewing. Wonder how much the cost of a wedding there is? Can't be cheap.
My partner and I looked at staying there yeeeeears ago. It was, to put it bluntly, bleeping eye watering.

• Wow
They are so greedy! We are D&A pay US to work on OUR garden & you’ll get a bit of bread with 2 pickled petals thrown in.
No thanks you pair of greedy chancers!

• Haha
Reactions: 10

You say "helpers" I say "gullible fools" or "slave labour".

Pickled magnolia leaves indeed 🤪

• Haha
I poked around quickly and found "anywhere between £19,000 and £38,000".

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I poked around quickly and found "anywhere between £19,000 and £38,000".
Wtf???? Wow! I wonder if one day they'll sell it and retire. I mean I've worked in the wedding industry before and it's very stressful. It's not easy money.

Reactions: 3
Did anyone watch tonights episode?
Yes a bit more transparent I felt, 'Dick and his team of chefs get to work' oh so they do have staff. Angel, I love to just give everything one last check over aka check what my team have done as pass it off as my own.
I wonder did she redo the confetti cones 😄
Also have they painted the château outside?

Reactions: 4
Yes a bit more transparent I felt, 'Dick and his team of chefs get to work' oh so they do have staff. Angel, I love to just give everything one last check over aka check what my team have done as pass it off as my own.
I wonder did she redo the confetti cones 😄
Also have they painted the château outside?
It's a coloured rendor they've put on. They showed a lot more of their staff this time around. I don't think anyone fully believed that they were pulling off weddings on their own

Reactions: 6
It's a coloured rendor they've put on. They showed a lot more of their staff this time around. I don't think anyone fully believed that they were pulling off weddings on their own
Absolutely not but Angel didn't want that little secret out, she wanted all the glory for single handily putting a wedding over.

Reactions: 5
The bit when the slave labour "helpers" were weeding the gravel driveway. They said it needed doing because it hadn't been done for two years due to the pandemic. Why not? Which bit of the pandemic prevented Dick and Angel from getting out and keeping the driveway under control in the two years? Was it that the slave labour "helpers" weren't able to travel to be there and do it for them?

Then the wedding they did, where the DJ and the makeup artist both turned up from England. Why are they still using English people and not local talent? Do those two move in and stay in the chateau for the entire wedding season? If not who do they get to do the music and make up for the rest of the season?

I love Dick but really detest Angela.

Her budget craft ideas actually tend to cost an absolute fortune in materials and equipment and then she gets Dick to do a vast amount of the work (like the poor man doesn't have enough to do).

I saw Angela at Spring Fair at the NEC one year with a range of her interior design furnishings. Hubby joked about me going and saying hello to my 'best friend'. I moved in the opposite direction as fast as was humaly possible.

I used to watch and enjoy 'It's Not Easy Being Green'... gutted for the OG Strawbridge family.

I had alot of questions after seeing that wedding. I mean in the height of summer do guests sit out in the baking sun melting? Cos temperatures in France really ramp up in summer. Do they only do small weddings? The orangery wouldn't hold a big reception so what happens then? Does everyone that has a wedding have to have the entire Strawbridge family joining in the celebrations? (usually the organisers do their best to be invisible, and make sure it all runs like clockwork but aren't seen, this wedding seemed like the dick and Angela show imo), how do Dick and Angela feel about people trashing their beloved chateau? , because trust me they do, it's not their home so they don't care, I've seen it first hand. People damage things and don't give a flying f**k. It's all a bit fairytale and not realistic for my liking.

I had alot of questions after seeing that wedding. I mean in the height of summer do guests sit out in the baking sun melting? Cos temperatures in France really ramp up in summer. Do they only do small weddings? The orangery wouldn't hold a big reception so what happens then? Does everyone that has a wedding have to have the entire Strawbridge family joining in the celebrations? (usually the organisers do their best to be invisible, and make sure it all runs like clockwork but aren't seen, this wedding seemed like the dick and Angela show imo), how do Dick and Angela feel about people trashing their beloved chateau? , because trust me they do, it's not their home so they don't care, I've seen it first hand. People damage things and don't give a flying f**k. It's all a bit fairytale and not realistic for my liking.
Maybe the production company pay for the wedding in exchange for the footage? Or certainly the chateau bill. We usually see one or two per series. Minimal if you take her word at 15/20 weddings per year?

Reactions: 4