Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes the gift opening is obscene 😬 I’ve noticed some of the other chateau owners trying to get in on it (not as successfully!).

Who is this Stephanie? Is she Michael’s girlfriend?
This is Stephanie...👸🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I am really confused. Has the thread started talking about a different couple? Do they have their own thread or are they related to Dick and Angela in some way?

Reactions: 1
Chateau de Baismagnee were on Escape to the Chateau DIY and apparently dropped from the show following disagreements with the Strawbridges.

Chateau de Baismagnee were on Escape to the Chateau DIY and apparently dropped from the show following disagreements with the Strawbridges.
Ahhhh I see. I gave up watching the DIY. He sounded like a patronizing prick all the time and it was doing my head in. Not suprised there are rumors about the ‘Angel’ either. More tea on that please. 😆☕

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I find him very patronising too. You can’t be on the show unless D & A have something to ‘teach’ you (or ideas to steal) of an inferior property basically.

Ahhhh I see. I gave up watching the DIY. He sounded like a patronizing prick all the time and it was doing my head in. Not suprised there are rumors about the ‘Angel’ either. More tea on that please. 😆☕
[/QUOT

Reactions: 6
I think Michael fell out with the Strawbridges due to not being acknowledged for the art work he did in her wallpaper design.

I like to present opening, given me some great ideas for mam's Christmas presents. Stephanie is so gracious and now going to give money to charity too from the channel.

I love all the chateau shows, I hope to move to France one day, if I could find a way of living with having to pay 50% of my earnings in taxes... 😳

Last edited:
I love all the chateau shows, I hope to move to France one day, if I could find a way of living with having to pay 50% of my earnings in taxes... 😳
The 50% are probably a false narrative, as far as I know France has progressive taxation, so you only pay 50% (actually it's 45% I believe) on your highest earning bracket and not the full income. Plus, these people can probably deduct tons of stuff from their taxes because the chateaux are their businesses, so fixing them up could count as a business expense. Doubt any of them pay more than the 30% most other people pay, potentially less in the first years of fixing them up because it's not like you can make a ton of profit.

Reactions: 4
I find him very patronising too. You can’t be on the show unless D & A have something to ‘teach’ you (or ideas to steal) of an inferior property basically.
That’s what another former chateau owner said in the DIY group, he said he found it a bit insulted that Dick would come around and ‘help’ when these people had been doing perfectly week before him. And Angel’s ideas are always pretty rubbish. I don’t get how she doesn’t even speak French properly, but has been living there all this time. It’s not like her and Dick have done all the renovations themselves - they mainly got in contractors, builders, plumbers etc to do the work, with Dick helping out every now and again. Even when they are hosting, Angel isn’t running around helping out, they hire waiters.
One of those waiters was Michael Petherick a few years ago. Such a rubbish thing Angel did by screwing him, his brother and his sister in law over. If Angel is such an artist she wouldn’t have needed Michael’s help to start with. Plus the show filmed Michael’s nephew’s first birthday and the wedding of a couple who I believe weren’t allowed their own wedding videographer. So neither of them have memories of these happy occasions because the company won’t broadcast their portion of filming. Caused a lot of upset within the DIY Facebook group. No wonder Angela hightailed it out of there when people found out.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Yel

New thread for:

Reactions: 2
Anyone watching the new series? This is exactly the sort of tv that’s needed in a second lockdown. 😌

My own house renovation is kicking me in the arse so I’m m very jealous of how practical they are, and all the tools and space they have. 😂

Reactions: 7
Anyone watching the new series? This is exactly the sort of tv that’s needed in a second lockdown. 😌

My own house renovation is kicking me in the arse so I’m m very jealous of how practical they are, and all the tools and space they have. 😂
Im really looking forward to watching it but watching I'm A Celeb first 😂

I'm watching it on catch up, I actually find the whole family quite annoying. Arthur is a mini Dick, can just see him being the know it all in school.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I find Angel unless its being watched barely acknowledges mini Dick, I mean Arthur (they are so alike!). She is aaaaall about Dorothy. I find it sad because you can see he is desperate for the same attention his sister gets and sometimes just gives up with it. I can see right through Angel... I dont buy her TV persona at all.

Reactions: 12
I think their constant perpetuation of gender norms is damaging to the kids in 2020. Arthur has to do the “manly” things with dick and Dorothy has to do the “feminine/girly” things with angel. Why can’t Arthur pick flowers with mum and Dorothy fix something with dad?
As above it seems to be that Angel prefers Dorothy to Arthur as he presents as more boyish which she just doesn’t attempt to relate to even on a superficial level for the sake of your child.

I went to their tour in March just before lockdown and even that was very 1950s... “We need 5 women and 5 men” the men fixed the lightbulb and the women did a hair knot.

Reactions: 10
Gosh really? Wow that sounds so boring. They are so grabilicious/money-making, lazy and predictable! Light bulb fix and a hair knot - unbelievable!

Reactions: 4