Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ScottishTwat

Anybody else watch this? I’m fascinated & although it’s not remotely like anything else I watch, I love it! I love him. I love her. (Dick Strawbridge & Angel Adoree) I haven’t seen that many episodes, but his engineering savvy & enthusiasm is ace. Her creativity makes me a bit envious!

I am prepared to be told it’s shit! I do have weird taste - I was also fangirling over Mario Van Peebles in the new Z Nation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Catwoman

VIP Member
No, I adore them! (jeez, don't think I've ever said that about anyone let alone strangers on a telly programme!). Go right back and watch them from the beginning, what strikes me about them is they are incredibly talented, extremely hard working and have such a lovely relationship. There's no doubt how hard they work but they take everything in their stride and make everything look easy. Bloody hell my husband and I would be murdering one another in a project like that. Their outlook about their home and them being merely temporary custodians is so true and how they have brought life to that magnificent building is jaw dropping. Love, love, love them!!

So, I won't tell you it is crap. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I irrationally hate the pair of them. Dick is undoubtedly very clever and can turn his hand to anything, Angela (who the hell renames themselves Angel Adoree :sick: ) has flair, albeit not to my taste. The early series irritated me as they were like 'we literally don't have a penny left, don't know how we can eat next week' then they were installing a lift that cost £20k in the next scene. It was very contrived and staged for TV and of course channel 4 were footing the bill. I wish Angela would dress for the occasion too, watching her paint/decorate with her long bell sleeves and beret on saying she hasn't slept for 48 hours (with hair and make up perfect) pull the other one love. Arthur reminds me of Dick so can't stand him either 😔 I'll bow out now and let you all enjoy them :p

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 26

Gurt Lush

I went to the Château recently as my MIL wanted to visit. It’s so overgrown, looks like they haven’t cut the grass outside in MONTHS. It looks half abandoned! I wouldn’t want to have my wedding there, you couldn’t even see halfway up the orangery wall because it was just tall grass! I reckon they’ve definitely run out of money and just given up!

• Wow
Reactions: 21

Hoppysayyys

One of our family members went to a Wedding at the Chateau in the summer. The place is amazing, the pictures as you can imagine are beautiful.

What struck them also was their relationship with each other and their Children. They adore each other and they idolise their Children. They are who they are on the television, it’s not a front for the camera. The most loviest, genuine, hardworking that deserve all their praise and luck in that world. They are grafted for what they have, not like some of these Influencers who have everything on a plate...

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Unicornishpastie

VIP Member
Everything with Angel is so extra, wrapping presents with homemade tassels, looks shite btw, macrame baubles blah blah blah...I used to love watching them but it’s gone all extra sickly sweet..very much up their own arses oh and Dicks moustache is just🤮🤮🤮

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
The issue is she portrays herself as this nicey nicey sweet lady and now the premise of the whole show just looks ridiculous. It was all a complete facade. I could tell she wasn’t genuine when i used to watch it.
Could tell she’s not genuine calling herself angel adoree 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Roxanna

I hated the caged birds in the middle of the carpark in full sun. Really put me off them in a massive way.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

KittyBangBang

They are in the Mirror today. Accused of bullying previous production company staff. I usually take these stories with a pinch of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to it. They seem the type.
I posted a few months back about Angel not being angelic. It was only a matter of time before this all came out. I know someone who worked on the programme and they told me a lot of about them. The stuff I know is too specific and might identify my friend. In a nutshell it seemed as if the success of the programme had gone to their head; they had both become quite diva ish and it was a case of you (the production team) wouldn’t be here without us.

As an aside. They have full editorial control over the show and if anything shows them in less than perfect light then it doesn’t make the programme.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Minxxx

I used to be big fans of them but recently they’ve been irritating. I’m not completely upto date with the saga, but Angel screwed Michael Petherick over regarding some art work. Their son is an insufferable, badly behaved brat too.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Proof8

Chatty Member
The comments about Arthur are really gross. I don't see why people feel the need to comment on an innocent child.
Plus people act like he's Augustus Gloop or something. He looks normal to me. Lots of kids are a bit chubby and they lose weight as they grow up.
The comment definitely uncalled for. But very interesting to see that he looks 'normal' to you. The child is far from a healthy weight. And obviously has quite a high sugar/diet. The whole family are gluttonous. This couple parent in a way of keeping the children child like and giving them 'treats'. I think it's quite clear they are passing their bad habits on.
I really liked them to start with and such a good program, all went a bit twee and set up.

Reactions: 14

Bestlife@60

VIP Member
I love it too. The children Arthur & Dorothy are so happy, polite, funny. It’s a pure pleasure to watch them all get along so well. The Chateaux is gorgeous too. Xx

• Heart

ScottishTwat

Oooooh fantastic. Right I am definitely going to watch from the beginning. I watched one yesterday where they got their copper pans re-tinned - who am I? I was loving it & might have been on eBay looking for copper pans! I don’t even cook!! :ROFLMAO: Him building the yurt on the pontoon too - like how is he so skilled?

when she turned out the lights & they were watching the stars - you can tell they adore each other. And they’re not typical tv presenter type folk - just obviously very talented & as you say, hard working. I’m a lazy arse & they make me feel guilty I haven’t got my patio garden looking nice!!

• Heart

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Woah it must be serious if C4 are considering not airing their French travel show, considering it's already been filmed and edited

NN22

The couples that appear on the show are real and do pay for their wedding, source - I know one of the couples! They paid in excess of £20k for 40 odd people, that included a pre wedding stay at the Château, menu tasting with Dick, farting around with Angel etc.

• Wow
  • Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I can imagine Angel being difficult to work with but I've always thought Dick had such a lovely, gentle way about him and I refuse to be told any different!
Yeah but he's an ex-Army major and used to ordering people about. I could see him having a brusque manner and it rubbing people up the wrong way ... We'll probably never know the truth.