Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I revive this thread just to talk about Dicks moustache?!

How do they kiss? You see a lot of nose butting or air kissing on show and also my husband lowered the tone by stating the obvious about when he is down south šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚

I am.watching it backwards, I would dip in and out on channel 4 but with lockdown have recently gone back to day one. They've done so much!

As mentioned in this thread already, I'd love me a Dick, is there anything that man can't do! The garden and veg alone are amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Itā€™s gross. You know thereā€™s going to be a lot of stale food in there unless he washes thoroughly after every meal. And he doesnā€™t look like the type of guy who washes often... šŸ¤¢

That garden is maintained by an army of staff, so anything is possible with a Dick and a bunch of minions. šŸ¤—

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Itā€™s gross. You know thereā€™s going to be a lot of stale food in there unless he washes thoroughly after every meal. And he doesnā€™t look like the type of guy who washes often... šŸ¤¢

That garden is maintained by an army of staff, so anything is possible with a Dick and a bunch of minions. šŸ¤—
I would say he is clean enough but the brown teeth/hairy face yes I agree, lots of bits in there šŸ¤¢
Had a nosey on the chateau thread and yes it's funny to someone new like me I'd have believed it was just the 5 of them (angels mum & dad) then builder mate Steve!! But now it's pointed out it's obvious they had lots of help.
Not knocking them as they both can turn their hand when needed. Dick is not young or fit, he seems to have lost weight from the beginning but quite often you can hear him out of breath just explaining stuff!

Reactions: 5
Had a nosey on the chateau thread and yes it's funny to someone new like me I'd have believed it was just the 5 of them (angels mum & dad) then builder mate Steve!! But now it's pointed out it's obvious they had lots of help.
Not knocking them as they both can turn their hand when needed. Dick is not young or fit, he seems to have lost weight from the beginning but quite often you can hear him out of breath just explaining stuff!
They both lost loads of weight lately.
I used to like them, but I went off them when I saw how much they charge for camping, then I heard they were charging people to weed their garden. Greedy people.

• Wow
They both lost loads of weight lately.
I used to like them, but I went off them when I saw how much they charge for camping, then I heard they were charging people to weed their garden. Greedy people.
Had a look at the prices eye-watering!

• Wow
They are in the Mirror today. Accused of bullying previous production company staff. I usually take these stories with a pinch of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to it. They seem the type.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
They are in the Mirror today. Accused of bullying previous production company staff. I usually take these stories with a pinch of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to it. They seem the type.
She certainly does come across that way, he has worked on different TV shows so should have an idea of what is what.

Watching the repeats on C4 recently I really cannot believe how patronising they are in their approach; both in his narration [sic] ā€œMaryā€™s coach house, concrete block to you and me is proving more trouble than itā€™s worthā€ itā€™s steeped in so much bitchy ness! Teemed with her ā€œhelpfulā€ / ā€˜save money so I canā€™t make you feel stupid, but donā€™t be better than meā€™ hints. Iā€™m surprised people taking part out up with it! Whatā€™s their problem? They have a nice house, let people get on!
They arenā€™t a nice pair. I also blame the prod co for fuelling their egos.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I followed the insta page, not that exciting but every Monday there is a giveaway, flip sake you nearly have to offer your first born and agree to slaughter a sheep at sundown to be in with a chance of winning....wait for it, a pack of postcards!!
You must take part and share your xyz, most other accounts simply ask you to like and comment or at a push if they need engagement share it to your own stories. I have seen HUGE giveaways, diamonds, holidays etc and all you had to do was like the post and tag a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
They have producers and other staff on their show? Wow. The production values are so low and the content so haphazard I assumed they just made it themselves (with a cameraman obviously) and just kept collecting a load of money from channel 4 for all their output.

Reactions: 2
I posted a few months back about Angel not being angelic. It was only a matter of time before this all came out. I know someone who worked on the programme and they told me a lot of about them. The stuff I know is too specific and might identify my friend. In a nutshell it seemed as if the success of the programme had gone to their head; they had both become quite diva ish and it was a case of you (the production team) wouldnā€™t be here without us.

As an aside. They have full editorial control over the show and if anything shows them in less than perfect light then it doesnā€™t make the programme.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I posted a few months back about Angel not being angelic. It was only a matter of time before this all came out. I know someone who worked on the programme and they told me a lot of about them. The stuff I know is too specific and might identify my friend. In a nutshell it seemed as if the success of the programme had gone to their head; they had both become quite diva ish and it was a case of you (the production team) wouldnā€™t be here without us.

As an aside. They have full editorial control over the show and if anything shows them in less than perfect light then it doesnā€™t make the programme.
God, I'd love to see that cutting room floor..

I used to be big fans of them but recently theyā€™ve been irritating. Iā€™m not completely upto date with the saga, but Angel screwed Michael Petherick over regarding some art work. Their son is an insufferable, badly behaved brat too.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I used to be big fans of them but recently theyā€™ve been irritating. Iā€™m not completely upto date with the saga, but Angel screwed Michael Petherick over regarding some art work. Their son is an insufferable, badly behaved brat too.
I think I said upthread that I couldn't stand Arthur as he is just a mini Dick, but I think he might have some developmental delays. In the latest shows you can really see a difference between him and Dorothy and the way Dick and Angel talk to him is different.

I think I said upthread that I couldn't stand Arthur as he is just a mini Dick, but I think he might have some developmental delays. In the latest shows you can really see a difference between him and Dorothy and the way Dick and Angel talk to him is different.
Yes,I think he has,so be kind.