Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anybody else watch this? I’m fascinated & although it’s not remotely like anything else I watch, I love it! I love him. I love her. (Dick Strawbridge & Angel Adoree) I haven’t seen that many episodes, but his engineering savvy & enthusiasm is ace. Her creativity makes me a bit envious!

I am prepared to be told it’s tit! I do have weird taste - I was also fangirling over Mario Van Peebles in the new Z Nation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
No, I adore them! (jeez, don't think I've ever said that about anyone let alone strangers on a telly programme!). Go right back and watch them from the beginning, what strikes me about them is they are incredibly talented, extremely hard working and have such a lovely relationship. There's no doubt how hard they work but they take everything in their stride and make everything look easy. Bloody hell my husband and I would be murdering one another in a project like that. Their outlook about their home and them being merely temporary custodians is so true and how they have brought life to that magnificent building is jaw dropping. Love, love, love them!!

So, I won't tell you it is crap. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Oooooh fantastic. Right I am definitely going to watch from the beginning. I watched one yesterday where they got their copper pans re-tinned - who am I? I was loving it & might have been on eBay looking for copper pans! I don’t even cook!! :ROFLMAO: Him building the yurt on the pontoon too - like how is he so skilled?

when she turned out the lights & they were watching the stars - you can tell they adore each other. And they’re not typical tv presenter type folk - just obviously very talented & as you say, hard working. I’m a lazy arse & they make me feel guilty I haven’t got my patio garden looking nice!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I actually worry about their lack of downtime. Seriously, Dick works so hard to get things done, they have small people (I think there are two), and Angel (Angela) spends so much time finding things for them. The way they set up for weddings is incredible. The pod on the lake amazed me. Only downside, is that there is no way on this planet that I would create a part of my chateau for the in-laws to lig along. Big up for the lovely tortie puss.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I love it too. The children Arthur & Dorothy are so happy, polite, funny. It’s a pure pleasure to watch them all get along so well. The Chateaux is gorgeous too. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I love it too. Nothing bad to say about them. They do what others merely dream about. I'm jealous! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I LOVE them! If I wasnt already married I'd be booking my wedding at their chateau. they are couple goals.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Absolutely love it. I've watched it from series one and think it's brilliant. Good cheerful telly for a Sunday night😍

• Heart
I actually worry about their lack of downtime. Seriously, Dick works so hard to get things done, they have small people (I think there are two), and Angel (Angela) spends so much time finding things for them. The way they set up for weddings is incredible. The pod on the lake amazed me. Only downside, is that there is no way on this planet that I would create a part of my chateau for the in-laws to lig along. Big up for the lovely tortie puss.
the in-laws moving in had me going WHAAAAT? And he even built her a walk-in wardrobe! The cheeky cow asked for one too!:ROFLMAO:

Yayyyyyyyyy I’ve found my happy place! I just want to go hang out with them, but I fear I’m way too lazy. :oops:

• Haha
Another one who loves watching them! I can barely operate a hair drier, so I can only admire their capabilities and creativity. They seem to enjoy the f out of life.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You can tell Angel loves Dick :LOL:
Sorry couldn't resist!

I love this programme, Dick is so clever and Angel has such creative flair. They arent afraid to be different and it's quite refreshing plus their kids are lovely

• Haha
  • Heart
My husband is so happy about this thread! My mum had been telling him about it and he flicked onto it earlier in the year and has been hooked ever since. I watch when I have time, but absolutely loved last weeks episode, the children’s circus tent and the Averys were amazing, it’s so beautiful. I love their work ethic and they just seem so happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wait! Have you also discovered Escape to the Chateau DIY???? All these other British expats doing up fabulous castles! I’m so envious!!

I’m waiting for my TiVo box to catch me up with everything, and it found me the DIY one.

Reactions: 11
Love them both I mean every woman needs a Dick in her life that man works so bloody hard and you can tell how much he dotes on Angel, Arthur & Dorothy... I love Angel’s vintage style and the way she’s so good at making mismatched items look like they all belong together ... I looked up the price once at staying for a weekend they do an exclusive “ food “ experience.... I won’t be booking anytime soon unless I win the lottery.

• Haha
Everyone definitely needs some Dick in their lives! Or maybe I’m only speaking for myself o_O

I never thought to look up prices, but now I’m intrigued.:unsure:

• Haha
There’s more on now. Featuring a huge glamping dome, bbq, new toilet & kitchen for the happy glampers. But how the duck does Angel manage in her cute shoes? Like even her wellies are “cute”. If that was me, I’d be wearing a lot of Lycra (pats belly) & waders. So sexy! No wonder there’s no Dick in my life.

Angel & Dorothy in Paris in gorgeous kimonos!! Who does that? Not me, ffs! I need to re-evaluate my life. Can we film it?

• Haha
Her kimonos, dressing gowns and turbans are fabulous! At home I wear kimono inspired dressing gowns, over torn leggings and T-shirts full of holes. I have not yet advanced to turban level, but I think I'm heading there.
She is wonderfully creative and he reminds me of my late father, with the walrus mustache and being able to do whatever my mother set her mind to. My mother also has red hair! I'm watching my parents!

• Heart
Her kimonos, dressing gowns and turbans are fabulous! At home I wear kimono inspired dressing gowns, over torn leggings and T-shirts full of holes. I have not yet advanced to turban level, but I think I'm heading there.
She is wonderfully creative and he reminds me of my late father, with the walrus mustache and being able to do whatever my mother set her mind to. My mother also has red hair! I'm watching my parents!
That’s so lovely 🥰 Dick reminds me of my Dad too

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've watched from the very first episode, absolutely love this show. Angel's style is amazing, really hope there's another Christmas at the chateau special this year!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wish I had that kind of style - love that you’re rocking it. Tell me about your lippie, too.:unsure:

I've watched from the very first episode, absolutely love this show. Angel's style is amazing, really hope there's another Christmas at the chateau special this year!
Wait! A Christmas special???? Cancel the Queen’s speech. :geek:

• Haha
Reactions: 4