Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t watched this in an age, can Angie speak French yet?
They say the odd word in French with an atrocious accent. Never heard either of them speak fluent French in conversation with a French person. Their kids probably speak better French than them.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They say the odd word in French with an atrocious accent. Never heard either of them speak fluent French in conversation with a French person. Their kids probably speak better French than them.
This is what I don’t get with people who live abroad and they don’t have a grasp on the language. It’s so embarrassing.

Reactions: 8
This is what I don’t get with people who live abroad and they don’t have a grasp on the language. It’s so embarrassing.
So, SO true. Brits abroad are such a bleeping embarrassment. I stumbled across Fernibops (Fern Weston-Bennett)
via Nicki Positano and they have lived in France for a year. Her husband is a complete and utter dick, as is she, but they have been there a year, and "she doesn't want to force it" FFS!! What a pathetic streak of piss!! If you cannot speak French within a year, or are not actively learning from other French people, piss off back to Blighty and get yourself a bag of chips and a can of Tennent's, you embarrassing, ignorant wench!
I recently hate watched her say "walla, walla". Because that's how you pronounce "Voila!" :rolleyes: Go watch some of her vlogs. You will be shouting at the screen within minutes. lol
Really want a thread on her here, but she has under 7000 followers. ☠😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Arthur ought to know some French by now I’d have thought? He is “about 8” so is he going to school there in France or does he have any local French pals? Or does he get sent off to some UK prep school for most of the year on Channel 4’s money.

Or is Angela home schooling him, ready for a life of making wallpaper out of other people’s designs and generally grifting to make tat into different tat.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Arthur ought to know some French by now I’d have thought? He is “about 8” so is he going to school there in France or does he have any local French pals? Or does he get sent off to some UK prep school for most of the year on Channel 4’s money.

Or is Angela home schooling him, ready for a life of making wallpaper out of other people’s designs and generally grifting to make tat into different tat.
It's implied in the show at least that they go to school in France. Angela doesn't get Arthur to help her with the design stuff as she gets her mini me to help with that. Arthur is sent off to do the "boys stuff" with his dad.

They've said in interviews that the kids are fluent in French but that Arthur speaks it with a bit of a cockney accent 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I know this is going to sound horrible, but little Arthur is getting very chubby. Why don't Dick and Angie do something about it? He's a cute kid but other children are very cruel to anyone who is a wee bit different. No-one wants to be the fat one at school.

I know this is going to sound horrible, but little Arthur is getting very chubby. Why don't Dick and Angie do something about it? He's a cute kid but other children are very cruel to anyone who is a wee bit different. No-one wants to be the fat one at school.
Dick is fatter though, looks like a walking heart attack waiting to happen. If I was Ang I wouldn't fancy the prospect of being left alone in a massive house in the middle of nowhere with the kids and a business to deal with

Reactions: 11
Dick is fatter though, looks like a walking heart attack waiting to happen. If I was Ang I wouldn't fancy the prospect of being left alone in a massive house in the middle of nowhere with the kids and a business to deal with
Yeah, Dick is a proper apple, if I was married to man so rotund, I'd be cutting out the giant scotch eggs he is so fond of creating, and replacing them with ordinary boiled eggs, shitloads of veg and a lot less vino. Angie isn't exactly slender either, but Dick is worryingly overweight. Perhaps Angie is hoping to become a young widow so she can hook up with a sexy young Frenchman? :eek: :eek:

• Haha
He kind of annoys me as you can hear how breathless he is just doing simple tasks. He definitely needs to thin down.

He is, I did notice though that dicks children from the 1st marriage are slim. It was implied on here that Arther has additional needs (I have no idea if that is true) maybe between granny living there full time and mummy too busy with mini me, they over compensate with food. I agree though kids are so cruel.

Reactions: 4
Arthur doesn't seem to have additional needs unless there is a lot more to his behaviour that isn't shown on camera. He comes across as a sweet little boy who desperately wants his mother's approval, and she acknowledges him but in quite a distant way. I don't think she realises how obvious it is she favours Dorothy.

Reactions: 13
Arthur doesn't seem to have additional needs unless there is a lot more to his behaviour that isn't shown on camera. He comes across as a sweet little boy who desperately wants his mother's approval, and she acknowledges him but in quite a distant way. I don't think she realises how obvious it is she favours Dorothy.
Yes I never saw anything that jumped out, he just seems like a nice little boy.

So, SO true. Brits abroad are such a bleeping embarrassment. I stumbled across Fernibops (Fern Weston-Bennett)
via Nicki Positano and they have lived in France for a year. Her husband is a complete and utter dick, as is she, but they have been there a year, and "she doesn't want to force it" FFS!! What a pathetic streak of piss!! If you cannot speak French within a year, or are not actively learning from other French people, piss off back to Blighty and get yourself a bag of chips and a can of Tennent's, you embarrassing, ignorant wench!
I recently hate watched her say "walla, walla". Because that's how you pronounce "Voila!" :rolleyes: Go watch some of her vlogs. You will be shouting at the screen within minutes. lol
Really want a thread on her here, but she has under 7000 followers. ☠😂
I found Fern on a link from Niki P - I gave her some watches and started reading the comments, a little over sickly and grovelling. I have noticed any comments that do not panda to her ego she deletes. So dug a bit further and found she was on This Morning as the Mum who spent £1000's on her daughter's wardrobe and then saw she had been very active on Twitter years ago. Mainly glamouring to be a wanna be. I think one to avoid not worth the investment of following her.

Reactions: 6
first episode of the final series beginning shortly on C4.

anyone else hoping they go nuts in the final episode and knock the whole place down for kicks and viewing figures :D😵

I am sure they will be back with some other venture or spin off before too long

Reactions: 2
I won't miss them, I'm sick to the back teeth with Angel's giggling and chuckling at every damn thing she says. You're not that funny hun, so stop being quite so up yourself.

I agree with the other poster who says she turns tat into other tat, and she's set a terrible trend as seen in Renovation Nation where other smug, deluded 'designers' fall for every cliche in the book for their poor misbegotten houses. One or two exceptions but they teeter on the edge.

• Haha
  • Heart
my son rolls his eyes every time i say "look she is fannying about with bits of ivy again"
sorry but i think Arthur needs to reign in the rich food,hes turning into dick
and why do they have to call the grandad "pappy" cant be grandad always something differrent
cant believe dick has not had a heart attack

but i cant deny im secretly jealous how handy dick is

Reactions: 9
I wonder if Angel(a) will be sporting a new kimono to decoarate the downstairs loo. I used to love this programme but they are all too much up their own arses and it got more ridiculous week by week.

Reactions: 12
They've obviously run out of rooms to renovate if they're resorting to doing up a corner of the basement. Still enjoy it though tbh as pure escapism.