Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having a really low day today. Just heard I was outbid on a house I wanted, still feel heartbroken and like I miss my ex and to top it off my kittens have fleas. I know relatively it’s all small stuff, Just feel like I can’t catch a break and everything is on top of me at the moment.
Same, it just seems to be one thing after another at the moment and with what is going on in the wider world its hard to just pick yourself back up.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Tested positive for covid ffs. Have had a real crappy year (like most of us!) and now this. Feeling really crap and fed up.

Aaw crap.
If you don't have a nut allergy, get some brazil nuts down ya.
Seriously. There's something in them that helps to make covid symptoms less bad.
And also vitamin D supplement.

And if you can also get some really pure garlic capsules and instead of one a day, take a handful morning and night.

All that lot will clobber the covid nasties and prevent you from feeling too poorly.

Get well soon
Xxx

Having a really low day today. Just heard I was outbid on a house I wanted, still feel heartbroken and like I miss my ex and to top it off my kittens have fleas. I know relatively it’s all small stuff, Just feel like I can’t catch a break and everything is on top of me at the moment.

The house sale fell through because you weren't meant to have that one.

Also, the other buyer's chain might cause issues and you could still get the house if you are meant to get that one.

Reactions: 7
Aaw crap.
If you don't have a nut allergy, get some brazil nuts down ya.
Seriously. There's something in them that helps to makle covid symptoms less bad.
And also vitamin D supplement.

And if you can also get some really pure garlic capsules and instead of one a day, take a handful morning and night.

All that lot will clobber the covid nasties and prevent you from feeling too poorly.

Get well soon
Xxx
thank you, I take it chocolate covered Brazil nuts will work even better - I don't get them often as can polish them off innocent time, but if its for medical purposes its different!
Am hoping its just a mild dose as I am double jabbed but have had a rough couple of days! Thankfully I have the lovely tattle tribe to entertain and keep me company x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
thank you, I take it chocolate covered Brazil nuts will work even better - I don't get them often as can polish them off innocent time, but if its for medical purposes its different!
Am hoping its just a mild dose as I am double jabbed but have had a rough couple of days! Thankfully I have the lovely tattle tribe to entertain and keep me company x
I forget what it is that's in brazil nuts that can help fight covid.
I think its selenium - so choc covered will still work.
And you have a good excuse!

Reactions: 5
The house sale fell through because you weren't meant to have that one.

Also, the other buyer's chain might cause issues and you could still get the house if you are meant to get that one.
I feel like you put something mystical into my universe. Got a call this evening- as soon as the offer from the other people was accepted, the chain collapsed. Trying to be positive on this emotional yo yo

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel like you put something mystical into my universe. Got a call this evening- as soon as the offer from the other people was accepted, the chain collapsed. Trying to be positive on this emotional yo yo

Nothing mystical it just happens all the time.
If you are meant to get that property you will.
xxx

Hospital tomorrow, hoping they don't cancel again...

Fingers crossed.
xxx

• Heart
Oh bubba, if that house was meant for you then you wouldn't have lost out. Sounds trite but honestly, things have a funny way of working out. It's still really early after your break up and you're just feeling fragile. Hang in there, you never know, the sale might fall through and you could still be in with a chance, but if you aren't then there is something better out there ... housewise and partner wise.

Just waiting to die really. Shouldn't have even been born I think. Just a waste of space and deserve nothing in life.

I'm a very kind caring and loving person but been destroyed mentally on the inside.
I smile laugh and help others.
I feel I'm a waste of a life.

Like others have mentioned on this thread about having cancer and the poor people in Kabul. I'd gladly give you's my life.

I'm exhausted all the time from very little. So that makes me feel even more useless.
Even doing the littlest thing is exhausting for me. Haven't showered in a few days can't be bothered, just the thought of the effort of washing myself is tiring.

I have been keeping myself clean and I don't smell, just not fully showering.

I always just smile and then cry sometimes when I'm alone

• Heart
  • Sad
Just waiting to die really. Shouldn't have even been born I think. Just a waste of space and deserve nothing in life.

I'm a very kind caring and loving person but been destroyed mentally on the inside.

Like others have mentioned on this thread about having cancer and the poor people in Kabul. I'd gladly give you's my life.

I'm exhausted all the time from very little. So that makes me feel even more useless.
Even doing the littlest thing is exhausting for me. Haven't showered in a few days can't be bothered, just the thought of the effort of washing myself is tiring.

Oh you poor thing, I have been there, more people than you are aware of probably have too as it is drummed into us that this is something we should hide.
Have you sought any help in real life? the right medication and talking really can help. xxx

• Heart

Are you taking any medication to help you?
It might be an idea to try some for a few months. The meds can act a bit like a jumpstarter on a car, ie help you to start functioning for a bit until you are able to do it without feeling tired?
If you are taking medication but still feeling like that it is possible you need a different typwe of medication or a higher dose.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh you poor thing, I have been there, more people than you are aware of probably have too as it is drummed into us that this is something we should hide.
Have you sought any help in real life? the right medication and talking really can help. xxx
Thank you so much for replying ❤
I've had to talk to my doctor in the past about things and my anxiety.
I'm diagnosed with anxiety but think I've had depression too for years now.
My doctors attitude in the past has been, it's in the past and kinda just get over it.
So I be afraid to talk about my anxiety again or even depression.

I see so many others talk on this site about talking to their doctors about their mental health and getting help and medication.

I think I would break down crying if I went to my doctor and if I was talking about wanting to die. Think he might sit up and listen then.
I feel in the past with him it's just been like, you're fine nothing wrong with you

Are you taking any medication to help you?
It might be an idea to try some for a few months. The meds can act a bit like a jumpstarter on a car, ie help you to start functioning for a bit until you are able to do it without feeling tired?
If you are taking medication but still feeling like that it is possible you need a different typwe of medication or a higher dose.
No not taking any medication. I've taken some in the past for anxiety.
I really don't like going to doctors especially about mental health. My doctor has never been very helpful.
Thank you for taking time to reply to me ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
My doctors attitude in the past has been, it's in the past and kinda just get over it.

I see so many others talk on this site about talking to their doctors about their mental health and getting help and medication.

I think I would break down crying if I went to my doctor and if I was talking about wanting to die. Think he might sit up and listen then.
I feel in the past with him it's just been like, you're fine nothing wrong with you
I am so sorry you have had such a poor experience with your doctor, you need to keep at it though, find another doctor if needs be as you clearly need some help. There is nothing wrong with bursting into tears in front of a doctor if thats how you are feeling especially if it makes them take you seriously. For me it was shredding the insides of my arms with my nails that made others and myself realise how desperately I needed help, I too didn't think anyone would take me seriously. Your doctor is there to help you get the medical help you need, don't be fobbed off x

• Heart

I really don't like going to doctors especially about mental health. My doctor has never been very helpful.
You need a new bleeping doctor, but I suppose that's impossible at the moment:(. That's appalling to mistreat you like that. Is he in his 80's or something? because I thought that attitude had died out with the dinosaurs. If he cannot recognise that our past shapes what we are today then he might be good with fixing sprained ankles but he knows tit all about mental health.
Book an appointment. Let him see the broken you, don't hide anything. Tell him you can't cope with life and if you break down and cry well so be it. He has to help you.I wish I could hug you and tell you it will be alright but the help has to come from your doc. If HE brings up the past then tell him it isn't about that anymore, it's about here and now and you need help here and now that's the bottom line.🌹

• Heart
I am so sorry you have had such a poor experience with your doctor, you need to keep at it though, find another doctor if needs be as you clearly need some help. There is nothing wrong with bursting into tears in front of a doctor if thats how you are feeling especially if it makes them take you seriously. For me it was shredding the insides of my arms with my nails that made others and myself realise how desperately I needed help, I too didn't think anyone would take me seriously. Your doctor is there to help you get the medical help you need, don't be fobbed off x
Thank you for being so kind. I will keep going and get help. ❤

• Heart
Thank you for being so kind. I will keep going and get help. ❤
Talking is important too so if you need to share anything post it here, there are some incredible posters on here who are always willing to help you.

• Heart

If your GP surgery is like mine, there is more than one Doctor and some are nice and some are not so nice.
Sounds like you have experienced the bad ones.

Its hard to stand up to them when you are feeling anxious.

But, you can say when you book an appointment that you do not want to be seen by that one you found unhelpful. You dont have to make a complaint or explain why, you can just insist on seeing a different Doctor this time.

Alternatively, I think you can phone that 111 number and talk to someone on that number, tell them you have been having thoughts about wanting to die. They are trained to take calls like that and to take the caller seriously and help the caller to get the help they need.
Or have a look here to see if theres any other NHS help near where you live.

And there is this - https://hubofhope.co.uk/ - you put in your postcode and it will give you a list of places close to you who can help you.
It includes charities like 'MIND' who are all geared up to help you.

Maybe try these places if you can't face making a Doctor's appointment just yet.

Your tiredness comes because you are trying to fight the anxiety etc, so you are tiring yourself out and the depression/anxiety makes you tired anyway. So it's a double battle for you.

Please don't let one bad Doctor put you off getting some help.
For every crappy health service worker, there are three good ones. You just have to try and stay strong enough until you find the perfect one to help you.

And ok, you havent had a full on shower/getting dressed/doing hair and make up etc every day - thats ok. You've kept yourself clean - which was a major effort for you to do - but you did it - so thats a huge 'well done' for you.

It may seem like a little thing to many people, but when you are suffering from anxiety/depression those 'little things' seem like huge mountains and we need to deal with them a little bit at a time.

You are doing great.

Posting in here is a huge step, too.

• Heart
You need a new bleeping doctor, but I suppose that's impossible at the moment:(. That's appalling to mistreat you like that. Is he in his 80's or something? because I thought that attitude had died out with the dinosaurs. If he cannot recognise that our past shapes what we are today then he might be good with fixing sprained ankles but he knows tit all about mental health.
Book an appointment. Let him see the broken you, don't hide anything. Tell him you can't cope with life and if you break down and cry well so be it. He has to help you.I wish I could hug you and tell you it will be alright but the help has to come from your doc. If HE brings up the past then tell him it isn't about that anymore, it's about here and now and you need help here and now that's the bottom line.🌹
You are so lovely trying to help me. Everyone here is. He is in his mid to late 50's.
I've posted here before about my traumatic and abusive childhood. It's really effected the person I am today.
I have no self worth no self esteem no confidence. I'm shaped today from what happened in my past so it does effect you.
I'm clearly an example of that.

Please know your words are just as good as a hug I feel v comforted.
It's just nice to that's its ok to feel the way I do. Help can be got.
I always feel if I say anything to anyone they would just say I'm fine nothing wrong with me.

Thank you so much

• Heart
I think these crappy Doctors and all the rottweiler receptionists who bark and bully people who are feeling too poorly to stand up to them ought to be lined up in front of a panel of some of us Tattlers and given a bollocking.

Some of them have no right to call themselves members of the caring profession.

And I wish all of those people who have been belittled and treated badly by their GP's would make an official complaint against them as soon as they feel better and strong enough to deal with the hassle of doing it.
For too long GPs have looked down their noses at us and its time they remembered we pay their salaries if they work within the NHS.
And every one of them has a governing body to whom they must answer.

And absolutely what happens to you in your childhood shapes you.
It SO does - and we don't need to have psychology degrees to know that because we have all lived it.
And many of us have come through it and are happy to help if we can.

• Heart
If your GP surgery is like mine, there is more than one Doctor and some are nice and some are not so nice.
Sounds like you have experienced the bad ones.

Its hard to stand up to them when you are feeling anxious.

But, you can say when you book an appointment that you do not want to be seen by that one you found unhelpful. You dont have to make a complaint or explain why, you can just insist on seeing a different Doctor this time.

Alternatively, I think you can phone that 111 number and talk to someone on that number, tell them you have been having thoughts about wanting to die. They are trained to take calls like that and to take the caller seriously and help the caller to get the help they need.
Or have a look here to see if theres any other NHS help near where you live.

And there is this - https://hubofhope.co.uk/ - you put in your postcode and it will give you a list of places close to you who can help you.
It includes charities like 'MIND' who are all geared up to help you.

Maybe try these places if you can't face making a Doctor's appointment just yet.

Your tiredness comes because you are trying to fight the anxiety etc, so you are tiring yourself out and the depression/anxiety makes you tired anyway. So it's a double battle for you.

Please don't let one bad Doctor put you off getting some help.
For every crappy health service worker, there are three good ones. You just have to try and stay strong enough until you find the perfect one to help you.

And ok, you havent had a full on shower/getting dressed/doing hair and make up etc every day - thats ok. You've kept yourself clean - which was a major effort for you to do - but you did it - so thats a huge 'well done' for you.

It may seem like a little thing to many people, but when you are suffering from anxiety/depression those 'little things' seem like huge mountains and we need to deal with them a little bit at a time.

You are doing great.

Posting in here is a huge step, too.
You are so kind and lovely. My gp surgery has a couple of doctors too. I don't like my doctor. Would rather go to anyone else I think.
I'm really broken on the inside. Think any other doctor could see that.
I was putting on a smile today on my face when with my family and then went home and cried. Yesterday I don't know how I got out of bed I was feeling extreme fatigue.
Today my eyes are just burning with exhaustion.

Which is what I feel guilty about. What right have I to be tired. What have I done to be so exhausted. I know it's the anxiety and depression and mental health can be exhausting.

Just feels nice for someone to be like, it's ok that you're feeling like this and you're doing good just getting through the day.

Your kind words mean a lot. They do help.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.