Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back in the days when people knew how to write timeless music, and it was performed by singers with the ability to express every emotion from joy to deep sorrow. How I miss this kind of music.
Hey some musicians still do it - 'Something Just Like This'

Coldplay etc. epic track

But don't let my glad expression,
Give you the wrong impression! :)
Yeah I'm sad, but not sadder than sad

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I just want you all to know that I care - mental health problems are so complex and way beyond my expertise, as a parent I can only offer the benefit of our experiences with our children

Hey honey, life's a journey - it isn't always pretty along the way, just remember those who helped you on your path x

I am strong - my Dad came from a long line of Vikings, my Mum fr

The Kennedy's and O'Connor's

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Mine was too, one of the strongest and most capable women l I know, a true role model, but her terminal illness made her fearful and unable to cope with day to day living without anxiety and stress. It was awful to see her mental and physical decline :cry: I just hope she's in a happy place now, together with my dad who recently joined her.
Caught this thread by chance and noticed a few others. My dad would have had his birthday and I’ve said my goodbyes to both parents,I’m not 40 yet and it honestly changes your whole perspective on things. Big support and love to everyone struggling with grief and dealing with caring 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Caught this thread by chance and noticed a few others. My dad would have had his birthday and I’ve said my goodbyes to both parents,I’m not 40 yet and it honestly changes your whole perspective on things. Big support and love to everyone struggling with grief and dealing with caring 💕
Welcome to the tea room.
A Birthday is also tough to get through. Hope you are ok.

Reactions: 5
It's tough innit. When we lose parents as children everyone pussyfoots around you forever more, but losing them as adults limits the sympathy and understanding. Which is unfair. When we lose a parent we are still a child losing a parent and it hurts just as much. Plus we think about it more and the hole in our hearts never really mends, we just get used to dealing with it and are expected to get on with it.
Big shout out and free hugs to anyone mourning a lost loved one, whether recent or long ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I didn’t know this was here but I could really do with some tea and sympathy.

Im a widow of nearly 7 months and my heart just aches constantly. I’m poor so I have to work. I have to be semi normal at times for the people who love me. But I’m not normal anymore. I’m a hollow shell with all my broken pieces rattling around inside. I can’t do life, it’s too hard. The world is just so so tit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

Im a widow of nearly 7 months and my heart just aches constantly. I’m poor so I have to work. I have to be semi normal at times for the people who love me. But I’m not normal anymore. I’m a hollow shell with all my broken pieces rattling around inside. I can’t do life, it’s too hard. The world is just so so tit.

It's ok, you don't have to put on that facade. You are allowed to let it all out. You have permission to let go.
I would hold you tight while you cry if I could and I know the others in here would, too.

xxx

• Heart

Oh sweetie, 7 months is like yesterday, no wonder you are aching. :cry:
Honestly, all I can say is that over time you learn to live with the ache till it just becomes normal and manageable. Everything is raw now, and while working seems hard, the alternative is sitting at home, with no distractions to your hurt.
Please please know that people genuinely care and If you don't object I'll light a candle in my local church for you this weekend, that you manage to find solace somewhere and learn to keep putting one foot in front of the other till time begins a healing process in some small measure.🌹

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you so much. Even for just saying seven months is early days. There seems to be this perception that death is an event that, as time moves on, you move away from so the pain lessens. It’s not lessening, I continue to carry the pain on a daily basis. Literally everything reminds me of my husband and our life together.

I’m not really ok tbh. Sometimes I feel I’m going mad. I keep expecting something to change, for it no to have happened. Life is like a surreal nightmare, washed out of colour.

I feel raw and bruised so your kindness is so appreciated.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you so much. Even for just saying seven months is early days. There seems to be this perception that death is an event that, as time moves on, you move away from so the pain lessens. It’s not lessening, I continue to carry the pain on a daily basis. Literally everything reminds me of my husband and our life together.

I’m not really ok tbh. Sometimes I feel I’m going mad. I keep expecting something to change, for it no to have happened. Life is like a surreal nightmare, washed out of colour.

I feel raw and bruised so your kindness is so appreciated.

Whoever said 'time heals' was talking crap.
It doesn't heal.
It makes the void deeper and hurts more.

You aren't going mad, either.
Keep going though, no matter how hard it is.
xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Whoever said 'time heals' was talking crap.
It doesn't heal.
It makes the void deeper and hurts more.

You aren't going mad, either.
Keep going though, no matter how hard it is.
xxx
I’ve run myself a bath. That’s a start I suppose. I haven’t showered in three days. 🤢

I don’t even know who I am at the moment. 😞

• Heart
  • Sad
I’ve run myself a bath. That’s a start I suppose. I haven’t showered in three days. 🤢

That's a good sign.
You will feel better for smelling clean and the warm water to relax in will be comforting.
And maybe next time you will take a bath or shower without it being a huge effort.

Little steps taken don't seem much but they ARE.

• Heart

Well done for running yourself a bath! I hope it provides lots of comfort. It takes a lot to gain momentum to do these seemingly little things

Even a quick soap & sink 'bath' will help you feel better if you're able, if you find it hard to get yourself washed and cleaned but still feel worse for feeling dirty, that will help alleviate it a little bit (and will help you not give yourself reasons for not going outside - when I'm a bit ripe when I'm depressed I use it as cause not to go and get myself the necessities from the shops, which just makes me feel worse) xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.