Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well that's another day. One film, one book and a few YouTube vids.
But I'm grateful for the (leaking) roof over my head, the food in the cupboards and the weather which means I don't have to put the heating on.
What's everyone else grateful for? If you want to say it that is, no one is required to answer :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well that's another day. One film, one book and a few YouTube vids.
But I'm grateful for the (leaking) roof over my head, the food in the cupboards and the weather which means I don't have to put the heating on.
What's everyone else grateful for? If you want to say it that is, no one is required to answer :LOL:
Sounds like a pleasant day! I had the house to myself and the animals , so while cleaning I watched the 4 new episodes of Grace &Frankie on Netflix... I am grateful for my funny hubby, I am grateful his people don't live too near usπŸ˜‚. I am grateful for my fur babies, and today I am particularly grateful for deep heat and my hot water bottle, done my shoulder in.... Normally I am grateful for chocolate and vodka but been on the fast 800 diet for over 3weeksπŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Well it can only happen to me.

In my quest to cure some bendy nails on my otherwise strong nailed hands, I tried several different strengthening varnishes.
They not only did not strengthen the bendy nails, they split them and split some of the other usually good nails.

So, I discovered coconut oil and bought some from amazon.
I chose some in a beautiful pipette/dropper bottle.
A picture of it is here below ....

Screenshot_20210815-193448_1.png

See that goldy coloured metal bit? You have to unscrew it to get to the dropper.
The edge was so sharp it has sliced a cut in my finger!!!!!!
I think the universe is telling me to stop tw*tting about with oils and varnishes and just stick to the Burt's bees balm until my nails grow back to how they were before.

I have a Band-Aid on my finger and it is stinging like crazy!!!!!

PS
The coconut oil smells lovely though.

• Haha
@Chita You know you can buy coconut oil in Tesco's for Β£3 (300ml)? It's in a jar so you just take the lid off.
Hope your finger gets better soon. Sending kisses to help with the healing. :)

Reactions: 4
Sounds like a pleasant day! I had the house to myself and the animals , so while cleaning I watched the 4 new episodes of Grace &Frankie on Netflix... I am grateful for my funny hubby, I am grateful his people don't live too near usπŸ˜‚. I am grateful for my fur babies, and today I am particularly grateful for deep heat and my hot water bottle, done my shoulder in.... Normally I am grateful for chocolate and vodka but been on the fast 800 diet for over 3weeksπŸ˜‚

Ooh thanks for the reminder about Grace and Frankie.
Jane Fonda's facial surgery is fascinating.
Lily's too.

Gonna watch the new eps now.

@Chita You know you can buy coconut oil in Tesco's for Β£3 (300ml)? It's in a jar so you just take the lid off.
Hope your finger gets better soon. Sending kisses to help with the healing. :)
This one is actual oil, not the hard stuff that melts with the warmth of your hand.
Apparently the actual liquid oil is best to nourish nails - or maybe I have been conned AGAIN!

As we are telling abouit our exciting weekend adventures......
I found an inactive wasps nest in the shed.
Made sure it wasn't active before it was removed.
And Ive been sweeping dead wasps off the shed floor.

Doesnt get any more glamourous than that.

And ive put electrical tape round the edge of the dropper lid to cover the sharp edge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Ooh thanks for the reminder about Grace and Frankie.
Jane Fonda's facial surgery is fascinating.
Lily's too.

Gonna watch the new eps now.
No problemo πŸ˜‚... Let me know what you think! Yes Jane is defying aging very wellπŸ˜‰.. love lily Tomlin, such a great show... One of my friends says I am like Brianna not in looks, manner πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Bad luck cutting your finger, hope it heals soon.

Reactions: 5
Lily's and Jane's faces are so tight their speech sounds like they've had a stroke.

• Haha
A question for you all, since lockdown started have you acquired a new skill or hobby or learned to do something you couldnt?
I learned how to make yorkshire puddings from scratch πŸ₯° yes i have a big head... It is a running joke in our family all the flat failures , but I can do it nowπŸ˜‚... Not a great skill i admit but i thought it was impossible!

• Haha
A question for you all, since lockdown started have you acquired a new skill or hobby or learned to do something you couldnt?
I learned how to make yorkshire puddings from scratch πŸ₯° yes i have a big head... It is a running joke in our family all the flat failures , but I can do it nowπŸ˜‚... Not a great skill i admit but i thought it was impossible!
Well done.
I tried to bake sponge cakes.
Could NOT get them to rise.
I made a lot of very thin cakes.
And I ate them.
Not skilled at baking sponge cakes but very skilled at putting on weight from eating them.

• Haha
Evening everyone :)

Hope your finger heals up quickly @Chita - gin and jaffa cakes should help with the healing process!

What I've done this Weekend...hmm, nothing of note but I did take my Mum for a jolly jaunt this afternoon to see the view from the top of a big hill about 15 miles from home. She slept all the way there, woke up to say "Oh right!" when I showed her the view and then slept all the way back! Wish I hadn't bothered now, as I was in the middle of making a roast dinner when I had guilt pangs that I hadn't taken her anywhere! The Roast dinner turned out well despite the fact that I turned it all down to low for 2 hours!

Have I learnt a new skill during lockdown?...No! I did have all good intentions at the beginning and then when I realised that my work wasn't really affected and if anything trade online actually picked up, I just spent all my time working! Oh actually, I lie - I did start growing my own veg and expanded the range a bit this year but I wouldn't call it a skill as I just bumble along and don't really know what I'm doing. I can never be bothered to read instructions all the way through or listen to a whole instructional video, so I feel about 25% informed and 75% guesswork. That's probably why I've only ended up with about 6 pea pods in total on of all my plants!

Last edited:
I'm feeling overwhelmed with heartbreak over the situation in Afghanistan. I rarely post anything political because it just doesn't lead to anything other than abuse and pile ons these days but even though I'm trying to stay away from the news I am still seeing the most distressing headlines. Even cheap gossip sites like TMZ are covering all the harrowing detail...and in a way maybe they should because if anything needs to be exposed it is things like this, but on a personal level I just find it too upsetting and cannot deal at all. Which, in turn, makes me feel ashamed and guilty even if I can't technically do anything to help the situation other than possibly finding a charity to donate to if there are any.

I wish for the sake of mental health it was easier to avoid news headlines when one needs to. I find it galling how news is bundled with email. Sometimes just checking my messages is stressful enough. I feel so much worse when I have to see gruesome headlines or trending searches too.

• Heart
Thanks for asking @Tattyfilarious , actually had a meal in a restaurant last night with oh...first time since March last year...paying for it this am but so worth it. I was beginning to go stir crazy and had a bit of trouble applying make up as hadn't bothered for over a year 🀑. Hope all my fellow lovely Tattlers have a peaceful Sunday ❀.
Think I've actually forgotten how to apply make-up πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Not a new skill, but I'm reasonably good at a nice bit of pork crackling - and Irish stew, if I can be arsed doing it properly like my Nan taught me!

Anyway, I watched 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off ', particularly love the parade scene 'Twist and Shout'; peculiar fact - our youngest has actually played at the (current) Cavern club - just ukulele, part of an ensemble along with her exceptionally talented fellow pupils. That was a night to remember

Last edited:
  • Heart
After another difficult weekend at my place of employment, I have come up with another quote/soundbite!

20210815_230623.jpg

• Heart
Thank-you, we were told that we were doing things wrong for so many years - our two middle children are on the autistic spectrum, high-functioning - life has been (and still is) difficult for them. I tell them every day how much I love them, and how much they are valued

And remind them of all the wonderful things that they do

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank-you, we were told that we were doing things wrong for so many years - our two middle children are on the autistic spectrum, high-functioning - life has been (and still is) difficult for them. I tell them every day how much I love them, and how much they are valued

And remind them of all the wonderful things that they do
You sound like a wonderful parent. ❀

• Heart
I'm feeling overwhelmed with heartbreak over the situation in Afghanistan. I rarely post anything political because it just doesn't lead to anything other than abuse and pile ons these days but even though I'm trying to stay away from the news I am still seeing the most distressing headlines. Even cheap gossip sites like TMZ are covering all the harrowing detail...and in a way maybe they should because if anything needs to be exposed it is things like this, but on a personal level I just find it too upsetting and cannot deal at all. Which, in turn, makes me feel ashamed and guilty even if I can't technically do anything to help the situation other than possibly finding a charity to donate to if there are any.

I wish for the sake of mental health it was easier to avoid news headlines when one needs to. I find it galling how news is bundled with email. Sometimes just checking my messages is stressful enough. I feel so much worse when I have to see gruesome headlines or trending searches too.
I'm with you on this one. I posted my Afghanistan fears in our H&M thread (under a spoiler to avoid triggering as promised) . My heart hurts for those people
I saw a brief report about 3 weeks ago about the taliban over running the country again and I said to my OH, "This is looking really serious" but he brushed me off saying it was always like that, nothing different. Here we are 3 weeks later and it's like the last days of vietnam with the Americans and Brits being evacuated this weekend. Next thing we'll see will be the foreign Embassies in Kabul being ransacked and burned and the take over will be complete. The country will revert to women treated like shite and gay men murdered. In the report I saw a talliban supporter said "Look, we allow the women into this market unaccompanied by a male family member. " as if it was a huge gift. Well big whoopy-doo ya cunts. That won't last long either, and they can shut the girls schools down now, cos no way will those bastards let little girls be educated. :mad:
The worst of it is that the afghan gov are mostly to blame. They've not been supplying their soldiers, some don't even get basic food supplies and are left to find food wherever they can. Uniforms, weapons etc are scarce as hen's teeth. Bloody disgraceful. Why would they lay down their lives defending towns and cities for treatment like that? But the gov guys are living high on the hog. Well they're about to get butt-fucked when kabul falls, as it will. I can't see the Muricans or Brits going back in there to save their arses this time round. Been there, done that and got the coffins to prove it.
But my heart hurts for the women and children.

I think the taliban were quietly regrouping and sneaking control of the outlying states while the rest of the world was distracted with fighting covid. Crafty cunts.
Don't even think of a charity donation at the moment bubba. It will only go to line someone's pockets here and the Aid agencies can't and shouldn't go in there while it is so volatile. We've lost too many Aid workers to those bastards. They have no respect for Red Cross or Medicine Sanfrontiers or anyone western.All we can do is pray for them and count our own blessing. Try not to dwell on it bubba.😘

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I delivered my children into this world and I love them more than I love life itself - I would die for them

You sound like a wonderful parent. ❀
I try my best - and they know that they are loved x

This is all getting a bit maudlin eh? Favourite 'Beatles' song? Mine is, 'I Saw her Standing There'

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Well done.
I tried to bake sponge cakes.
Could NOT get them to rise.
I made a lot of very thin cakes.
And I ate them.
Not skilled at baking sponge cakes but very skilled at putting on weight from eating them.
Thank you, it is a very small victory but we have a long line of yorkshire disasters grom my mum downπŸ˜‚
Oh I love sponge cake! I would eat them all too! My sponge experience is basic, i have used betty crocker mix for birthdays, in a darth vader mould it is fair ....
My own birthday is approaching and it will be an off diet day, I have told hubby I want a coffee cake, will have it for breakfast, lunch, coffee time....etc we are going out for dinner but i will have the sugar jitters by thenπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Why is it easier to put on weight than take it off😭😭

Evening everyone :)

Hope your finger heals up quickly @Chita - gin and jaffa cakes should help with the healing process!

What I've done this Weekend...hmm, nothing of note but I did take my Mum for a jolly jaunt this afternoon to see the view from the top of a big hill about 15 miles from home. She slept all the way there, woke up to say "Oh right!" when I showed her the view and then slept all the way back! Wish I hadn't bothered now, as I was in the middle of making a roast dinner when I had guilt pangs that I hadn't taken her anywhere! The Roast dinner turned out well despite the fact that I turned it all down to low for 2 hours!

Have I learnt a new skill during lockdown?...No! I did have all good intentions at the beginning and then when I realised that my work wasn't really affected and if anything trade online actually picked up, I just spent all my time working! Oh actually, I lie - I did start growing my own veg and expanded the range a bit this year but I wouldn't call it a skill as I just bumble along and don't really know what I'm doing. I can never be bothered to read instructions all the way through or listen to a whole instructional video, so I feel about 25% informed and 75% guesswork. That's probably why I've only ended up with about 6 pea pods in total on of all my plants!
I love roast dinners! All kinds, lamb would be my favouriteπŸ₯°I grow bits of salad veg nothing too exciting! My garden success this year was getting rose cuttings to root! ... I have a rose my late dad planted 30 years ago, if those cuttings root i will be made up! Glad you got a trip out with mum, making memories! And clearing the head!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.