Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm here because I regularly go off topic, because I'm totally p****d off by these 'celebrities' who have no idea how the rest of us live. I feel for every single one of you suffering hardship, particularly in terms of your mental health - losing a much-beloved pet is huge; they become your companions and friends - mourn their loss, but remember them when they were still with you x

Hi everyone, hope you are all well πŸ’“. I've been feeling a bit guilty because I reached out to you all for support when I was in a dark place a few weeks ago and haven't commented since. You were all brilliant and gave me good advice πŸ€—
Just to let you know, I have been keeping up with what's going on here - the happy and sad πŸ™‚
I also want you to know that irl I'm a very private person and after I posted that night I felt really uncomfortable. I had told you things that no one that really knows me knows and that is so unlike me.
I just want to add, because I didn't mention at the time that since lockdown I know I have been drinking too much. Ive had a few (probably too many) drinks tonight and just felt I wanted to share that with you all because I know I will not be judged on this thread.
I know its not the answer to my or anyone's problems but its where I am at right now. πŸ˜”. Please don't hate me, I just needed to tell someone πŸ’“
Hey sweetheart, I often hate myself when I've shared too much - like you, I'm very private.
What's to hate πŸ’–

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm here because I regularly go off topic, because I'm totally p****d off by these 'celebrities' who have no idea how the rest of us live. I feel for every single one of you suffering hardship, particularly in terms of your mental health - losing a much-beloved pet is huge; they become your companions and friends - mourn their loss, but remember them when they were still with you x
The draw of Tattle for me was, initially, a place to grumble about all the spoiled, entitled, sneery celebrities who do what they want but lecture everyone else from on high despite having no clue about real life but I got really into hanging out on the off topic board because it's one of the few places left online where you can have actual discussion and disagreement with people without over zealous and restrictive moderating. I love this board and am so glad I found it.

Totally agree with you on the pain of losing a pet. It never gets easier when a pet passes away but the memories, at least, are comforting.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Hey sweetheart, I often hate myself when I've shared too much - like you, I'm very private.
What's to hate πŸ’–
Thank you tatty and Peachy. I just needed to know someone was listening πŸ’“πŸ’“

• Heart
Me too! x

I'm listening all the time - life isn't always easy, guess we have to make the best of what we have, and then some πŸ’–

I'm listening all the time - life isn't always easy, guess we have to make the best of what we have, and then some πŸ’–

20190205_002412.jpg

Our beautiful Finn - he was just a dog, but I loved him x

Hey, this is a nice place to be x

Roll with the punches sweethearts - you'll end-up with someone who deserves you x

@Summer house
Life's an absolute witch sometimes.
Take care honey x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Me too! x

View attachment 711798

Our beautiful Finn - he was just a dog, but I loved him x

Hey, this is a nice place to be x

Roll with the punches sweethearts - you'll end-up with someone who deserves you x
Tatty, your beautiful Finn wasn't 'just a dog', never think that. I have a dog and to me he isn't just a dog. He is my life, he is my family, the family I never had. He is my everything, my whole life πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

• Heart
I'm having depression. The Prince Andrew discussions on the other thread aren't helping because I don't know whether that lass is telling the truth or not, but ppl are blaming her and what not. I'm an abuse survivor and it's kind of triggering. I used to have to smile in photographs too, but behind the scenes, it was hell.
Guilty as charged.:oops:
I'm so sorry you were triggered. I tend to forget that there are genuine survivors out there. Just think of it like this ... if it were you in her position you would never ever have put yourself in the spotlight. I know you wouldn't. You'd rather chew your own fingers off one by one than gossip about it for money. Honestly, I've read up on her story a lot and the fact is that she got a lucrative offer from JE and went for it because she was already experienced and knew she could do the job well. I've no problem with prostitution like that, it's a more honest profession than banking or selling cars TBH. Selling other people out because they used your services so you can buy an $11million mansion by the sea is another story, especially when your recollections vary from official records re age and work history and dates and descriptions of where the traumatic assault(s) took place.
That's it really. She's lied under oath and in her book and thats borne out in court records.
But yes, it's unfair of me so I'll try my hardest to shut the duck up about it as much as possible and if you opt to believe her then that's OK bubba, my opinion is no more valid than yours. 😘😘😘

Hi everyone, hope you are all well πŸ’“. I've been feeling a bit guilty because I reached out to you all for support when I was in a dark place a few weeks ago and haven't commented since. You were all brilliant and gave me good advice πŸ€—
Just to let you know, I have been keeping up with what's going on here - the happy and sad πŸ™‚
I also want you to know that irl I'm a very private person and after I posted that night I felt really uncomfortable. I had told you things that no one that really knows me knows and that is so unlike me.
I just want to add, because I didn't mention at the time that since lockdown I know I have been drinking too much. Ive had a few (probably too many) drinks tonight and just felt I wanted to share that with you all because I know I will not be judged on this thread.
I know its not the answer to my or anyone's problems but its where I am at right now. πŸ˜”. Please don't hate me, I just needed to tell someone πŸ’“
You're fine bubba. You are talking about it and not hiding it. It's easier to be the perfect sober person when you have lots of company and things going on to distract you but lockdown threw us all a curve ball. You sound sensible, so just trust yourself to keep on top of the drink situation.

Don't worry about sharing. We don't know you, we don't/won't tell tales and everyone needs to offload.😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Guilty as charged.:oops:
I'm so sorry you were triggered. I tend to forget that there are genuine survivors out there. Just think of it like this ... if it were you in her position you would never ever have put yourself in the spotlight. I know you wouldn't. You'd rather chew your own fingers off one by one than gossip about it for money. Honestly, I've read up on her story a lot and the fact is that she got a lucrative offer from JE and went for it because she was already experienced and knew she could do the job well. I've no problem with prostitution like that, it's a more honest profession than banking or selling cars TBH. Selling other people out because they used your services so you can buy an $11million mansion by the sea is another story, especially when your recollections vary from official records re age and work history and dates and descriptions of where the traumatic assault(s) took place.
That's it really. She's lied under oath and in her book and thats borne out in court records.
But yes, it's unfair of me so I'll try my hardest to shut the duck up about it as much as possible and if you opt to believe her then that's OK bubba, my opinion is no more valid than yours. 😘😘😘

You're fine bubba. You are talking about it and not hiding it. It's easier to be the perfect sober person when you have lots of company and things going on to distract you but lockdown threw us all a curve ball. You sound sensible, so just trust yourself to keep on top of the drink situation.

Don't worry about sharing. We don't know you, we don't/won't tell tales and everyone needs to offload.😘
Thank you πŸ’“πŸ€—

• Heart
Tatty, your beautiful Finn wasn't 'just a dog', never think that. I have a dog and to me he isn't just a dog. He is my life, he is my family, the family I never had. He is my everything, my whole life πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“
Beautifully said. I feel the same about my cat.

Pets aren't "just" anything, whatever some people who don't get it might say. Tatty, your dog was so lucky to have such a loving owner as you. He will have been so happy in life I am sure. Hugs if you want them.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just popping in to send virtual *hugs* to everyone that needs one! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Another day on Tattle everyone. Hugs all around. Especially hugs to @spangly, I needed a virtual hug today. πŸ€—
I'm not reading the papers today. It's all a bit much. So I'm avoiding headlines.
I think I'm going to look into 'past lives' which is a topic which always fascinates me. So I'm going to go down the rabbit hole πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ°πŸ°πŸ˜†
I'm supposed to be researching into the Anglo Saxons for a book, but it's all grist to the mill so I'll do that another day.
Stay strong everyone ❀

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Its easy to go off at tangents and end up off topic which is why I started this thread - a "tea room" to discuss anything so that the H and M thread can (try to) remain on topic.

@shazbev - my coconut nail oil has arrived today.
It smells lovely!
Ooh well on your advice I got the Burt's bees nail balm and it has given me some relief already. Thanks @Chita , I'll look into the nail oil too 😘.

Reactions: 7
Well today's research has gone out of the window. I've been sat watching a film and bits of YouTube instead :LOL: It's so easy to be distracted, sigh.

• Haha
Just remember that you're all wonderful and worthwhile, even though you might not feel that now. There are people who care - my name's Lorraine x

I can't be bothered anymore with user names, when I have nothing to hide

I appreciate though that may not be an option for some people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just found out (well dont really know if its 100% true but probably is) that those former reality shite shows like Young Dumb and Living off Mum is one I am talking about, before BBC Three was only an Internet kind of clips channel now (used to be broadcasted now it isnt) was one giant publicity stunt really. The third and final series certainly was just looking at one of them in it at their Facebook profile is indicative of that, drives me nuts.

Not to mention that the winner of that series for doing essentially nothing gets a round the world trip funded by the prize money as such when people who work their asses off etc get nothing, for doing things that any decent human would do drives/drove me nuts in the end, thank goodness it it was axed that show.

Yeah the whole point of surviving on that show was to do as little as possible so they could improve and the one who made the most improvement would be sent home, made no sense at all

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I'm so glad that you have that.
Finn wasn't just a dog - I just stupidly said that, well because....
We got Finn from a rescue centre - had been looking for awhile without any matches (due to having a pre-teen child and cats). Fell in love with him the moment we saw him; he was no doubt a lost/abandoned sheepdog (his herding instincts so strong) - took him and us six months to get him used to being in an urban background and living with cats! He did it admirably, and even enjoyed the cats' company in the end.
Sadly, he came to us with heart problems, which we were well aware of, didn't expect to lose him quite that soon though - he had CHF; I cradled him in my arms whilst he was administered his eternal sleep, and cried like a baby after

Still do 😭

Anyway, such is life - regroup and move on.
Cherish your good memories, but learn from the bad ones x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hey lovely people, you're all very quiet this evening - hope you're all doing okay πŸ’–
Thanks for asking @Tattyfilarious , actually had a meal in a restaurant last night with oh...first time since March last year...paying for it this am but so worth it. I was beginning to go stir crazy and had a bit of trouble applying make up as hadn't bothered for over a year 🀑. Hope all my fellow lovely Tattlers have a peaceful Sunday ❀.

• Heart
Good morning everyone. I'm handing out hugs if anyone needs one. πŸ€— Since I didn't do any research yesterday, I should probably do some today. Got a feeling that I'll be either watching a film or reading a book though. Can't seem to get my brain in gear to do anything else.
I have done the online Tesco shopping list though, so that's something. It will all be delivered tomorrow so theres that to look forward to. See how exciting my life is? :LOL:

• Heart
Good morning everyone. I'm handing out hugs if anyone needs one. πŸ€— Since I didn't do any research yesterday, I should probably do some today. Got a feeling that I'll be either watching a film or reading a book though. Can't seem to get my brain in gear to do anything else.
I have done the online Tesco shopping list though, so that's something. It will all be delivered tomorrow so theres that to look forward to. See how exciting my life is? :LOL:
Ahh is what sundays are for, doing a bit of cleaning and sorting out then going to do sorting out of my fridge and clean it maybe and then do absolutely nothing well apart from cooking, which I like doing haha and maybe watch some feel good movies lol

Also massive hugger myself so giving you them as well πŸ€—

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.