Escape into the Tea & Sympathy chat room #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think most of us women fell like that at times - especially when the menopause is looming:rolleyes: That is something that you can do nothing about - and I couldn't take HRT as had a blood clot after a 'c' section so had to battle through those times. Came out the other side, worked till I was 66 and then decided to move to the Isle of Wight as had no one left around me by then and started a new life. Still get down at times, but when the sun comes out I get out for a walk. Favourite is walking down to the estuary in to watch the swans (currently around 24 I think) and soon they will be building their nests - and, with luck, we will have a few cygnets come the summer.

Chin up - we are are here for you.

sounds fab.

My default is to see the silver lining in things. Even when tit happens, I think well, it could have been worse.....such & such could have happened instead, so its not so bad.

Problem is that when I have an eeyore day, nobody knows what to do with me because I'm the one who jollies everyone else along.
I just have a duvet day and shut everyone out. Sleep myself out of it if I can.
Cygnets sound lovely.

I saw some lambs in the field yesterday. They always raise a smile.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
sounds fab.

My default is to see the silver lining in things. Even when tit happens, I think well, it could have been worse.....such & such could have happened instead, so its not so bad.

Problem is that when I have an eeyore day, nobody knows what to do with me because I'm the one who jollies everyone else along.
I just have a duvet day and shut everyone out. Sleep myself out of it if I can.
Cygnets sound lovely.

I saw some lambs in the field yesterday. They always raise a smile.
There is farm land not far from me but my car has been off the road for a couple of months (flat battery and then a strain in my groin - right side) so haven't been able to drive as it would hurt if I had to slam on the brakes....lol But knowing I can walk to the beach in about 20 minutes and breathing fresh air is all I need these days. I love seeing lambs in the fields but I don't like to think these beautiful animals will soon be on someone's dinner table :(

Reactions: 4
There is farm land not far from me but my car has been off the road for a couple of months (flat battery and then a strain in my groin - right side) so haven't been able to drive as it would hurt if I had to slam on the brakes....lol But knowing I can walk to the beach in about 20 minutes and breathing fresh air is all I need these days. I love seeing lambs in the fields but I don't like to think these beautiful animals will soon be on someone's dinner table :(
I feel like that when I see the cows and the sheep in the fields near me. But it makes me feel a little better that they , at least in my neck of the woods, have had a life without a care in the world, just grazing away. I don’t like to think about their last journey certainly.😢

Reactions: 3
I feel like that when I see the cows and the sheep in the fields near me. But it makes me feel a little better that they , at least in my neck of the woods, have had a life without a care in the world, just grazing away. I don’t like to think about their last journey certainly.😢
We've been smelling a lot of last journeys lately - that's just the price of living in the midst of an unofficial urban mini forest. But blessed to be surrounded by a lot of greenery, peafowl (National Bird and a very good omen), kingfishers (another good omen), and a host of other birds. Parakeets fly overhead all the time. Makes me miss my bird photography days, but it's very comforting to be able to see/hear them. And especially knowing that they're all free to fly.

My first poppy of the year bloomed today!

IMG_20230225_212418.jpg

Still quite upset, and that's going to continue with more people getting involved in bringing us down in every way, but I've been trying to keep myself busy with art (lots of poppy-inspired work!) and the garden and the dog. All I can do 🤷

• Heart
We've been smelling a lot of last journeys lately - that's just the price of living in the midst of an unofficial urban mini forest. But blessed to be surrounded by a lot of greenery, peafowl (National Bird and a very good omen), kingfishers (another good omen), and a host of other birds. Parakeets fly overhead all the time. Makes me miss my bird photography days, but it's very comforting to be able to see/hear them. And especially knowing that they're all free to fly.

My first poppy of the year bloomed today!

View attachment 1986789

Still quite upset, and that's going to continue with more people getting involved in bringing us down in every way, but I've been trying to keep myself busy with art (lots of poppy-inspired work!) and the garden and the dog. All I can do 🤷
A garden and a dog, those help keep you from the edge. You are creative, but along with that comes the price of being troubled. The brain puts those two traits in the same compartment.

A garden and a dog, those help keep you from the edge. You are creative, but along with that comes the price of being troubled. The brain puts those two traits in the same compartment.
Definitely. The pup has not only physically prevented me from taking any drastic steps - he doesn't let me go out in the balcony alone anymore, but I've also realised that no one else will adopt him after I'm gone. He'd have been put down if we hadn't adopted him anyway. Bit of a problem child, but I love him. And I've just planted lavender seeds for the first time ever after a lifetime of wanting to, so rather want to see how that goes too. Little excuses every day to get up and get things done 😂

Having a conscience is troublesome - that's what has done me in. But it's okay, I suppose. Better than being without 🤷

A friend who happens to be a celebrity/fashion designer/fashionista today texted me praising my work and telling me to not give up on what I'm doing, so I'm feeling much better right now. Her advice is even more valuable because she also went through a period of little work after being one of the most popular actors for a few years, and is struggling with a few other things, but has never given up on her craft or being who she is. Basically, idol material. ♥

Crossed one more thing off my bucket list the last couple of days - used silk paints! Now I just need a bit of silk to use them on to check one more thing off the list 🤭

The paints are a bit expensive - we bought them for a commission - but I highly recommend trying them. Very easy to use, and excellent results. Whether someone wants to make some unique clothes and accessories for themselves, get into a bit of upcycling, or wants to sell something for a bit of extra pocket money. Even with the cost of living crisis, haven't seen much slowdown in the wedding fashion/crafts industry in many different countries, so a possible avenue for someone who needs to earn extra. It's very competitive though, but once you're in, it can be really good.

• Heart
Definitely. The pup has not only physically prevented me from taking any drastic steps - he doesn't let me go out in the balcony alone anymore, but I've also realised that no one else will adopt him after I'm gone. He'd have been put down if we hadn't adopted him anyway. Bit of a problem child, but I love him. And I've just planted lavender seeds for the first time ever after a lifetime of wanting to, so rather want to see how that goes too. Little excuses every day to get up and get things done 😂

Having a conscience is troublesome - that's what has done me in. But it's okay, I suppose. Better than being without 🤷

A friend who happens to be a celebrity/fashion designer/fashionista today texted me praising my work and telling me to not give up on what I'm doing, so I'm feeling much better right now. Her advice is even more valuable because she also went through a period of little work after being one of the most popular actors for a few years, and is struggling with a few other things, but has never given up on her craft or being who she is. Basically, idol material. ♥

Crossed one more thing off my bucket list the last couple of days - used silk paints! Now I just need a bit of silk to use them on to check one more thing off the list 🤭

The paints are a bit expensive - we bought them for a commission - but I highly recommend trying them. Very easy to use, and excellent results. Whether someone wants to make some unique clothes and accessories for themselves, get into a bit of upcycling, or wants to sell something for a bit of extra pocket money. Even with the cost of living crisis, haven't seen much slowdown in the wedding fashion/crafts industry in many different countries, so a possible avenue for someone who needs to earn extra. It's very competitive though, but once you're in, it can be really good.
I have no artistic talent at all sadly - I wish I did as it could get me off my ipad and do something productive:) When I was younger I did make some clothes for myself, and also knitted jumpers etc, but only to wear indoors :) my mum gave me scraps of cloth and I made dresses for my dolls. At least they didn't moan that their clothes didn't fit .....

• Wow
I have no artistic talent at all sadly - I wish I did as it could get me off my ipad and do something productive:) When I was younger I did make some clothes for myself, and also knitted jumpers etc, but only to wear indoors :) my mum gave me scraps of cloth and I made dresses for my dolls. At least they didn't moan that their clothes didn't fit .....
I wish I could make my own clothes or knit! My art teacher through most of primary school tried to teach us all - boys and girls - how to sew basic stitches, hemming, embroidery etc, and knitting. Unfortunately, the needles would find more entry and exit points in my fingers than the cloth 😂 and I never had the patience for more than a quarter of a short scarf.

Even though my maternal grandmother was an excellent crocheter and mum makes beautiful sweaters and would make my frocks from Woman and Home magazine patterns. I've been hinting at a painting apron lately, so let's see 😉

Being able to make my own clothes would solve a lot of problems. I'd even settle for being able to make little bags for packaging/making fragrance sachets. The ones available in the market are too expensive/not very good quality and don't exactly match my requirements. But I can't even fabric glue a decent band together.

Can't have that romantic moment from tv shows/movies where the hero's shirt button comes off so the heroine is fixing it while he's wearing the shirt. Never understood why he doesn't wear something else or take it off so she can fix it.

Last time I tried making an outfit for a Barbie, it cried. Meh, I'm too old to play with dolls anyway and the grapes are too sour 😉

Do you have Procreate on your iPad? I've heard it's a fun app if you want to play around with colours. More time on the iPad though 😂

Reactions: 2
Only just got online as having problem with my TV:( I did knit a few things, again normally for my dolls:ROFLMAO: My grandmother taught me to both knit and crochet. I did crochet a shawl which was quite an achievement, but nothing delicate - it was quite a thick wool and it was easy. Start off with a couple of stitches then increase the next row by one stitch at each end. When it was large enough I then crocheted round the edges making it look finished. Now things are cheaper to buy than make:sneaky:

• Heart
  • Haha
Only just got online as having problem with my TV:( I did knit a few things, again normally for my dolls:ROFLMAO: My grandmother taught me to both knit and crochet. I did crochet a shawl which was quite an achievement, but nothing delicate - it was quite a thick wool and it was easy. Start off with a couple of stitches then increase the next row by one stitch at each end. When it was large enough I then crocheted round the edges making it look finished. Now things are cheaper to buy than make:sneaky:
That's a major part of the struggle - handmade is far more expensive. I'd tried to go commercial a few years ago as well, but I'd been surrounded by these older girls in a small room - all organised by a 'family friend'/elder sister-type. They'd then proceeded to tell me how my work wasn't good enough and they could get better for cheaper at the flea market. Took me a few years, a couple of very supportive friends and sheer desperation to try selling again 😂 my narc relatives hate that I have a business - I wouldn't have started it if they hadn't cheated us and pushed us into this situation 🤷

The shawl sounds so nice and warm! I don't request mum to make things anymore - arthritis and cervical spondylitis make things hard for her, and I also can't tolerate thicker wool anymore (Covid triggered claustrophobia again even though it had taken me years to manage it), otherwise that shawl sounds like something that would be really lovely 🤭 Handknits are quite in fashion/demand again, though people don't want to pay those prices. Could make them jealous by crafting your own 😉

Had a really long, angry day. Aunty Gushing came knocking two days early. Threw my entire timetable out of whack. Plus the pain and heat flashes. The narc drama keeps reaching new heights. Further evidence of their cheating, false hope they'd given to us, further loss of hope and will to live. Mum's still protecting her father and brother and destroying my reputation, especially as a professional, by throwing me under the bus. Yet I'm supposed to take on all the work to fix everything. It's really, really frustrating. I'm painting gift bags but a couple didn't turn out too well so it's further pointlessness. Anything else is too expensive to ruin 😂 Even my favourite horror-comedy film isn't working tonight. Mum ruined that with her sniping. It's 2.30am but I have to stay up to make sure I keep the boiled milk in the fridge after it has cooled. No one to grumble at now 🤦

• Sad
That's a major part of the struggle - handmade is far more expensive. I'd tried to go commercial a few years ago as well, but I'd been surrounded by these older girls in a small room - all organised by a 'family friend'/elder sister-type. They'd then proceeded to tell me how my work wasn't good enough and they could get better for cheaper at the flea market. Took me a few years, a couple of very supportive friends and sheer desperation to try selling again 😂 my narc relatives hate that I have a business - I wouldn't have started it if they hadn't cheated us and pushed us into this situation 🤷

The shawl sounds so nice and warm! I don't request mum to make things anymore - arthritis and cervical spondylitis make things hard for her, and I also can't tolerate thicker wool anymore (Covid triggered claustrophobia again even though it had taken me years to manage it), otherwise that shawl sounds like something that would be really lovely 🤭 Handknits are quite in fashion/demand again, though people don't want to pay those prices. Could make them jealous by crafting your own 😉

Had a really long, angry day. Aunty Gushing came knocking two days early. Threw my entire timetable out of whack. Plus the pain and heat flashes. The narc drama keeps reaching new heights. Further evidence of their cheating, false hope they'd given to us, further loss of hope and will to live. Mum's still protecting her father and brother and destroying my reputation, especially as a professional, by throwing me under the bus. Yet I'm supposed to take on all the work to fix everything. It's really, really frustrating. I'm painting gift bags but a couple didn't turn out too well so it's further pointlessness. Anything else is too expensive to ruin 😂 Even my favourite horror-comedy film isn't working tonight. Mum ruined that with her sniping. It's 2.30am but I have to stay up to make sure I keep the boiled milk in the fridge after it has cooled. No one to grumble at now 🤦
Thankfully, 'Aunty Gushing' left home many years ago now, and so did the hot flushes. Think those were the worst, especially when you're working in an office with men - had to keep a fan under the desk. Everyone knew when I was having a flush :)

Chin up! At least you can come on here and let your frustration out with regards to your family. You can choose your friends, but are stuck with family. Had two brothers, one 15 years older than me, my other one was just over a year older. He was mum's favourite so could do no wrong. Dad wasn't much of an emotional man, but I can remember after bath and hairwash time I would sit on the floor while he would brush my hair. I lost my eldest brother last year and don't hear from his second wife now (she is the same age as me and he was 15 years older than us). I haven't spoken to my other brother for years as he's too busy running a B&B in the west country with his latest Phillipino wife (think this is 3rd or 4th)!

Have some hugs!

• Heart
Thankfully, 'Aunty Gushing' left home many years ago now, and so did the hot flushes. Think those were the worst, especially when you're working in an office with men - had to keep a fan under the desk. Everyone knew when I was having a flush :)

Chin up! At least you can come on here and let your frustration out with regards to your family. You can choose your friends, but are stuck with family. Had two brothers, one 15 years older than me, my other one was just over a year older. He was mum's favourite so could do no wrong. Dad wasn't much of an emotional man, but I can remember after bath and hairwash time I would sit on the floor while he would brush my hair. I lost my eldest brother last year and don't hear from his second wife now (she is the same age as me and he was 15 years older than us). I haven't spoken to my other brother for years as he's too busy running a B&B in the west country with his latest Phillipino wife (think this is 3rd or 4th)!

Have some hugs!
😂😂 Can imagine. Here it's a huuuuge no-no to let men, even your male relatives, or even women know about it. Though thankfully things are changing and not everyone is that close-minded, but still. One former friend had once complained to me about how his ex let it slip that she wore salwar (loose leggings - ethnic wear) whenever things were a-flowing. All nice and breezy. So now whenever he sees a woman wearing a salwar, he imagines that's what's going on. *sighs* and he's one of the better ones 😂

Thank you. Really do need those hugs! We had a minor info request for the narcs today but they blew up. Then we sent them an amended legal document tonight instead of quietly accepting their very unfair terms, so we anticipate a lot of drama morning onwards. They've already started indulging in third-party intimidation tactics (man in car following mum around during morning walk with dog). And we know that that side of the family fights really dirty (attempts to get members framed for everything from stealing to eve-teasing/SA). I've got some really nice DNA 👌🤮

And mean downstairs neighbours are obsessed with getting our dogs to become friends (read as letting theirs maul ours to death). They've started escalating so that's one more thing to deal with. Right now I'm feeling like something has physically changed inside my brain. I'm sure the local medical research facility would love to have it to play with.

Money and ego are the worst.

I'm sorry about those dynamics. Can imagine how it must have been. And then when you begin losing people, it's more painful when some deliberately keep away. Their loss though 🤗

Such a special memory with your dad though. The quiet moments are really the best ones, aren't they?

😂😂 Can imagine. Here it's a huuuuge no-no to let men, even your male relatives, or even women know about it. Though thankfully things are changing and not everyone is that close-minded, but still. One former friend had once complained to me about how his ex let it slip that she wore salwar (loose leggings - ethnic wear) whenever things were a-flowing. All nice and breezy. So now whenever he sees a woman wearing a salwar, he imagines that's what's going on. *sighs* and he's one of the better ones 😂

Thank you. Really do need those hugs! We had a minor info request for the narcs today but they blew up. Then we sent them an amended legal document tonight instead of quietly accepting their very unfair terms, so we anticipate a lot of drama morning onwards. They've already started indulging in third-party intimidation tactics (man in car following mum around during morning walk with dog). And we know that that side of the family fights really dirty (attempts to get members framed for everything from stealing to eve-teasing/SA). I've got some really nice DNA 👌🤮

And mean downstairs neighbours are obsessed with getting our dogs to become friends (read as letting theirs maul ours to death). They've started escalating so that's one more thing to deal with. Right now I'm feeling like something has physically changed inside my brain. I'm sure the local medical research facility would love to have it to play with.

Money and ego are the worst.

I'm sorry about those dynamics. Can imagine how it must have been. And then when you begin losing people, it's more painful when some deliberately keep away. Their loss though 🤗

Such a special memory with your dad though. The quiet moments are really the best ones, aren't they?
I definitely love my peace and quiet now. I spend most of my time on my own and, if the weather is OK, I can get out for a walk with a friend and his black labrador. We wander down to the estuary and count how many swans we have - used to be just 4 but the numbers have climbed. They will be making their nests so hopefully we will have some cygnets come the summer. Our end of the estuary has plenty of space the other side for them to nest in peace and quiet. There is a an area in the woods with a bench right next to the water and its so peaceful - could sit there for hours I reckon. Stay strong (hugs)

You must stay strong and not let them win. People can feel any weakness you may have so even though you may be crumbling inside you have to let your fierce side show. If you can, if you know they are following, make sure you have a camera at hand so you can capture the pic as they pass by.

• Heart
I definitely love my peace and quiet now. I spend most of my time on my own and, if the weather is OK, I can get out for a walk with a friend and his black labrador. We wander down to the estuary and count how many swans we have - used to be just 4 but the numbers have climbed. They will be making their nests so hopefully we will have some cygnets come the summer. Our end of the estuary has plenty of space the other side for them to nest in peace and quiet. There is a an area in the woods with a bench right next to the water and its so peaceful - could sit there for hours I reckon. Stay strong (hugs)

You must stay strong and not let them win. People can feel any weakness you may have so even though you may be crumbling inside you have to let your fierce side show. If you can, if you know they are following, make sure you have a camera at hand so you can capture the pic as they pass by.
That sounds as idyllic as can be. A Labrador and swans! ♥ I love little water bodies. Especially ones you can sit by. Sounds like something someone painted 🙂

Unfortunately, mum can't always handle having a phone/managing the brat, and she doesn't want me going along. The risk was greater for a few days while the pup was quarantined (he'd bitten dad) so she was going at a time no one else would be around, but now he's allowed to meet others so she won't be walking alone. Our friends include ex-military, police and one of my post-grad/work colleagues, so don't have to worry all that much. The neighbours are something else though.

This is the only place I'm venting. I'd only told a couple of friends/a then-potential business collaborator the gist of what's going on. Avoid updating details especially over text for their own protection. We'd been groomed to accept abuse and keep our mouths and brains shut in the name of respect for elders. That's been thrown out of the window. I now channel Smegs but with Catherine's caution when dealing with these people. They are already calling me rude and uncouth even though I never uttered a single curse word, unlike them 😂 But yeah, hugely scared inside. They're awful people.

Slept at around 3am, woke up at 6am to a wasp doing something to my cheek. I'm highly allergic due to past stings so quick first aid then trying to get rid of it. Took me an hour, a deo spray, a pain relief spray and a lemongrass candle to make it back off. Still itchy. Now I'm not allowed to sleep in case I develop more symptoms (and it is also still alive) 🤦 probably Universe's signal to be alert because I probably wouldn't have woken up if the wasp had been successful.

That sounds as idyllic as can be. A Labrador and swans! ♥ I love little water bodies. Especially ones you can sit by. Sounds like something someone painted 🙂

Unfortunately, mum can't always handle having a phone/managing the brat, and she doesn't want me going along. The risk was greater for a few days while the pup was quarantined (he'd bitten dad) so she was going at a time no one else would be around, but now he's allowed to meet others so she won't be walking alone. Our friends include ex-military, police and one of my post-grad/work colleagues, so don't have to worry all that much. The neighbours are something else though.

This is the only place I'm venting. I'd only told a couple of friends/a then-potential business collaborator the gist of what's going on. Avoid updating details especially over text for their own protection. We'd been groomed to accept abuse and keep our mouths and brains shut in the name of respect for elders. That's been thrown out of the window. I now channel Smegs but with Catherine's caution when dealing with these people. They are already calling me rude and uncouth even though I never uttered a single curse word, unlike them 😂 But yeah, hugely scared inside. They're awful people.

Slept at around 3am, woke up at 6am to a wasp doing something to my cheek. I'm highly allergic due to past stings so quick first aid then trying to get rid of it. Took me an hour, a deo spray, a pain relief spray and a lemongrass candle to make it back off. Still itchy. Now I'm not allowed to sleep in case I develop more symptoms (and it is also still alive) 🤦 probably Universe's signal to be alert because I probably wouldn't have woken up if the wasp had been successful.
Hope the wasp sting has calmed down - hate the damn things! When the warmer weather arrives, I have a made up fly screen - just cut the sceening to fit the patio door, self-adhesive tabs around the door (velcro strips) and I can relax. I have them over my bedroom windows as well as they are Velux (so recessed as they are part of the roof:( so can't have curtains over them. I have the fly screen fitted on the wall so can sleep peacfully knowing any little critters can't get in. Wish I could show a pic of where I walk, but all my pics were on my old pc so, although I managed to get all my programs over, the pics don't seem to have moved over. Hope I can get them on my Ipad as there were a lot of memories on there.

Have a good weekend - and watch out for the wasps!
---
1677877131253.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hope the wasp sting has calmed down - hate the damn things! When the warmer weather arrives, I have a made up fly screen - just cut the sceening to fit the patio door, self-adhesive tabs around the door (velcro strips) and I can relax. I have them over my bedroom windows as well as they are Velux (so recessed as they are part of the roof:( so can't have curtains over them. I have the fly screen fitted on the wall so can sleep peacfully knowing any little critters can't get in. Wish I could show a pic of where I walk, but all my pics were on my old pc so, although I managed to get all my programs over, the pics don't seem to have moved over. Hope I can get them on my Ipad as there were a lot of memories on there.

Have a good weekend - and watch out for the wasps!
---
View attachment 2001969
That's stunning! Serenity ♥ I think I've seen swans IRL only once that I can remember. Graceful.

I hope you have all your data copied onto an external hard disk? That way you can go back and try to copy the data again. Drives get corrupted and people make mistakes, otherwise I've got a lot of data saved up on my 'new' laptop (12 years old but had to be wiped and reinstalled a couple of years ago) even from my school days.

Wasp bite is okay. Painful and itchy boil, but getting smaller. I've got bigger troubles right now. We nearly lost dad yesterday to what we thought was an allergic reaction to some antibiotics he'd been prescribed. Got emergency aid etc. He's at home, but fever keeps spiking so there's a risk of other things happening. Just got a call from the family doc that we need to start treatment for malaria given his symptoms - tests nowadays are returning false negatives so no point in getting one.

Uncles are taking advantage of this stress to browbeat mum even further into accepting whatever wrong they're doing to us. But we've had some help too so that's pretty nice. I'm too gone right now to properly acknowledge the sort of help that is being extended to us, but my heart is not as broken as it was till last week, thanks to those people.

We're big on screens here and have permanent ones installed, but our houses are never airtight (so no central heating or cooling possible either), plus the pup loves barging in and out and can even open locked doors so that's mostly how the wasps get in. Especially with this early massive heatwave that's been developing since February.

Time for another round of cold compresses!

Reactions: 1
Yep, I have a hard disk but haven't backed it up for a while as the data is from my old pc but I have everything on my laptop so can copy over stuff if need be. As I got this pc last year when my old one died, think it will last me out :)

Do hope your dad is doing OK - can never tell if people are allergic until they start suffering from a bite or meds etc. Thankfully we don't have malaria in the UK, but people who travel to those countries can get it and end up in hospital when they get home. Wish I could get back to my travelling days, but can't afford it at my old age:( At least I have many happy memories. Been to the US - south of LA up in the mountains, and did Las Vegas when I was there as well. I had a penfriend so I asked him if I could visit...lol Also had a couple of holidays in Florida and the Caribbean and South Africa. Did the Kruger National Park and that was beautiful touring round the Park and seeing the animals in their natural habitat. The best bit was at night when you could hear them vocalising to each other. Luckily South Africa was cheap for us as my ex-husband had contacts from there and they wanted us to visit and they paid for it all:)

Yep, I have a hard disk but haven't backed it up for a while as the data is from my old pc but I have everything on my laptop so can copy over stuff if need be. As I got this pc last year when my old one died, think it will last me out :)

Do hope your dad is doing OK - can never tell if people are allergic until they start suffering from a bite or meds etc. Thankfully we don't have malaria in the UK, but people who travel to those countries can get it and end up in hospital when they get home. Wish I could get back to my travelling days, but can't afford it at my old age:( At least I have many happy memories. Been to the US - south of LA up in the mountains, and did Las Vegas when I was there as well. I had a penfriend so I asked him if I could visit...lol Also had a couple of holidays in Florida and the Caribbean and South Africa. Did the Kruger National Park and that was beautiful touring round the Park and seeing the animals in their natural habitat. The best bit was at night when you could hear them vocalising to each other. Luckily South Africa was cheap for us as my ex-husband had contacts from there and they wanted us to visit and they paid for it all:)
Oh glad you have the data in your laptop. Backing up on multiple devices has saved me so many times.

Dad's not stable yet. Fever keeps spiking, though now it's looking more like viral. No way of being sure because the antibiotics he'd been taking would skew any test results. I got some more fresh veggies and fruits and some of his favourite snacks today. Have to be careful not to spike his sugar levels, but at least he's started eating a bit more happily 🤞 Going to start with the cold compresses again. Don't want to do much in case it makes his cold worse.

Malaria is definitely a problem in some areas. Even though we live in a relatively clean area of a relatively clean city, we have lots of insects due to this being a rather green city. Lots of open spaces, parks etc. And the authorities cleaning up the grass pretty regularly means that we get a lot of angry wasps and mosquitoes 😂😂

How was Kruger Park? I'd read a story about it as a child and wanted to go ever since. It sounded amazing! Vegas sounds fun as well. I used to travel with dad when I was much younger since his job required it. Very non-touristy places, so we'd set base in the closest city and then travel out. Was a lot of fun. Lots of touring the mountains - I always got sick. Parents would take me to historical monuments and museums a lot. Now I can't even think of travelling with circumstances and parents' health. Going to two markets today for groceries was adventure enough 😂

Sometimes I worry about the future. In the sense that I feel like everything is too late for me. Both a cultural thing and in terms of my mental and physical health. Pretty late in terms of marriage/dating. Guys my age/older want younger women. Even if I get married now, doubt there will be time for romance because it's going to be all about baaabiiieees and earning lots and taking care of old parents etc. Just a boring life of responsibilities. Not allowed to travel alone because I am a woman with zero street smarts and zero husbands 😂 always stressed and focused on work/home so no social life. I don't have a lot of good memories. No matter how many silver linings I look for. Not a lot of, "It's okay that I can't do this now, I enjoyed that thing then." Don't see circumstances improving soon enough that I could still make some new good memories before I can't anymore. I need a miracle 🤭

Oh glad you have the data in your laptop. Backing up on multiple devices has saved me so many times.

Dad's not stable yet. Fever keeps spiking, though now it's looking more like viral. No way of being sure because the antibiotics he'd been taking would skew any test results. I got some more fresh veggies and fruits and some of his favourite snacks today. Have to be careful not to spike his sugar levels, but at least he's started eating a bit more happily 🤞 Going to start with the cold compresses again. Don't want to do much in case it makes his cold worse.

Malaria is definitely a problem in some areas. Even though we live in a relatively clean area of a relatively clean city, we have lots of insects due to this being a rather green city. Lots of open spaces, parks etc. And the authorities cleaning up the grass pretty regularly means that we get a lot of angry wasps and mosquitoes 😂😂

How was Kruger Park? I'd read a story about it as a child and wanted to go ever since. It sounded amazing! Vegas sounds fun as well. I used to travel with dad when I was much younger since his job required it. Very non-touristy places, so we'd set base in the closest city and then travel out. Was a lot of fun. Lots of touring the mountains - I always got sick. Parents would take me to historical monuments and museums a lot. Now I can't even think of travelling with circumstances and parents' health. Going to two markets today for groceries was adventure enough 😂

Sometimes I worry about the future. In the sense that I feel like everything is too late for me. Both a cultural thing and in terms of my mental and physical health. Pretty late in terms of marriage/dating. Guys my age/older want younger women. Even if I get married now, doubt there will be time for romance because it's going to be all about baaabiiieees and earning lots and taking care of old parents etc. Just a boring life of responsibilities. Not allowed to travel alone because I am a woman with zero street smarts and zero husbands 😂 always stressed and focused on work/home so no social life. I don't have a lot of good memories. No matter how many silver linings I look for. Not a lot of, "It's okay that I can't do this now, I enjoyed that thing then." Don't see circumstances improving soon enough that I could still make some new good memories before I can't anymore. I need a miracle 🤭
The Kruger was fantastic! One scary moment we had (we were in a small coach with around 12-15 people - - roads too small to take larger ones) a large bull elephant in the middle of the road. Wouldn't move so the driver backed up a bit, then went forward and did that a couple of times. The elephant (their eyesight isn't that good apparently) thought we may be charging at it so decided to wander off:) I went to Kenya on my own - beach holiday - and there were a few others on their own so we ate together. The best bit of the Kruger, in a way, was sitting outside your room and hearing the animals and knowing you were safe in the camp:) Oh, and the night sky! No light polution to spoil the view....

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The Kruger was fantastic! One scary moment we had (we were in a small coach with around 12-15 people - - roads too small to take larger ones) a large bull elephant in the middle of the road. Wouldn't move so the driver backed up a bit, then went forward and did that a couple of times. The elephant (their eyesight isn't that good apparently) thought we may be charging at it so decided to wander off:) I went to Kenya on my own - beach holiday - and there were a few others on their own so we ate together. The best bit of the Kruger, in a way, was sitting outside your room and hearing the animals and knowing you were safe in the camp:) Oh, and the night sky! No light polution to spoil the view....
That sounds amazing! Especially the bit about the night sky. Leave me there during the Perseids or the Orionids 😂 Glad that the elephant decided to charge off! I've seen a few in person, they're so massive - just their size is enough to scare.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.