Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Who’sYerDaddy

VIP Member
Hope @Who’sYerDaddy is ok. Has been quiet recently, and I noticed she posted something late last night but by the time I’d finished typing a response she’d deleted it ☹.

If you're reading, let us know you’re ok 😘
I’m great @Allflightscancelled ☺ Thank you for your concern! I work M-Fri & when I’m not in Cubicleville, I’m busy around the house! Also been on X a lot lately espousing my disdain for the BS going on in the world!! 🤬But, I’m good! The Harkles are idiots & Sadie Mae says hello!! 🥰
IMG_6548.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Hope @Who’sYerDaddy is ok. Has been quiet recently, and I noticed she posted something late last night but by the time I’d finished typing a response she’d deleted it ☹.

If you're reading, let us know you’re ok 😘

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
What's this?
Sorry I must have missed this.
Hope all is well.

Radio discussion just now is that William might be agnostic rather than atheist.

I think his alleged "discomfort" is with people like Welby. Remove people like him and maybe William would feel more comfortable attending church.
---

Jimmy Savile

Chita in the last thread Vanelope said she had spent 3 days at the hospital with her youngest and they had just had surgery.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

Chita

VIP Member
Continued from here - https://tattle.life/threads/escape-into-the-tea-sympathy-support-room.21584/page-49

This is thread number 2
And here's the original opening post to remind us what this thread is intended to do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Do you want a place to post about things that drive you mad?
Let off steam?
Or to share things that have made you laugh?
Are you sick of Meghan and Harry?
Fed up of your country's Government or President?
Have you had enough of covid restrictions and their effect on your life?
Are you struggling with your mental health and need support to help you through?
Do you want to distract yourself by gossiping with like-minded people about no particular subject?
Do you want to laugh or cry?
Do you want to spill the tea about anything you like?

Then come right in - this thread is intended for exactly that.
We can talk about nice things, bad things - any damn thing.

Remember .... Talking is therapy.

Recap from the old thread
lots of us shared our struggles with like-minded Tattlers and we tried to help comfort and advise each other as best we can by recounting some of our own experiences and solutions we found helped us cope.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Nannyto2

VIP Member
Harry should have found a normal nice woman with a regular job.

There is not a single actress in this world who doesn't covet media attention. Even the ones who pretend not to do.

It's a bad combination given his childhood... And now he is living hell.

I’m great @Allflightscancelled ☺ Thank you for your concern! I work M-Fri & when I’m not in Cubicleville, I’m busy around the house! Also been on X a lot lately espousing my disdain for the BS going on in the world!! 🤬But, I’m good! The Harkles are idiots & Sadie Mae says hello!! 🥰View attachment 2777184
Beautiful girl 🥰
I’m miss my girl she was a beautiful yellow lab she’passed over the rainbow bridge a year ago on Tuesday 27 Feb missing her 15th Birthday by 6 days

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

Chita

VIP Member
This story is a tribute to my Mum.
My Dad died when I was 9-years old; but more importantly my Mum lost her husband when she was just 29-years old (Dad was diabetic, died during a kidney transplant).
She's been there for me ever since, only child - I have four children and she's always been there for them also.
Life is what you make it x
Sometimes life isnt what you'd like it to be no matter how hard you try.
Being constantly thwarted or treated unkindly by others eventually wears down even the strongest.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

wisebutwild

VIP Member
Thought I was doing well so far, this the first Christmas, without my lovely husband then my daughter posts this on Fb and I'm a bubbling wreck .........

Happy Christmas Dad
321741190_671306494701419_2910399474290425534_n.jpg

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
@Miscanthus - how are you doing?
Thank you for asking @Chita xx
I was at the hospital all day yesterday for the first treatment. I'm having chemo + immunotherapy, and the cold cap which adds time each end of the session. They couldn't get the line in the port until the third attempt...painful. Then I had chest pains and they had to pause treatment. I was discharged with daily injections and 7 pills a day...nobody told me about that! 😱
I woke up at 3.20am this morning and read the other thread for a while then dozed.
I've been setting up an art exhibition all day and feel completely drained now.
The next two weeks are just chemo so shorter days and then the third week is back to both etc. This is for
12 weeks, and then there's a further 12 weeks but treatment is every 3 weeks. All in all with the op and radiotherapy it will be the rest of the year. I am not allowed to fly so had to cancel my holiday. I'm also renovating my new house and garden although I'm thankful for the distraction! 😬

• Heart
  • Wow

Squittel

VIP Member
Lost my boy 2 days ago. Not sure if this is the right place to post but I need sympathy. He had diabetes but I don’t think that’s what got him. His blood sugar was fine, we don’t know what happened, he just suddenly went floppy and could barely lift his head. Took him to an emergency vets and his heart was beating so slowly they said likely wouldn’t make it through the night. He was put to sleep on my lap. I miss him. George “Pigeon” Boy. He was always in the way, now there’s no one in the way.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad

Tattyfilarious

Washed my hair today - for the first time in weeks; I know that sounds weird (I shower every day), but washing and drying my hair is a tedious task - naturally curly and grey is not a good look, so I resort to straightening irons!
The point being that I've been supporting my loved ones through some adverse circumstances and I wouldn't have it any other way - just glad I got to wash my hair

I've realised that I can't be there for them if I don't care for myself also

Take care everyone Lx

Please do something nice for yourself today - wash your hair, watch a movie you like, listen to your favourite song - and never stop believing in yourself x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Sami Lee

VIP Member
Hello all...I just popped in for a breather... the news about Catherine knocked me for six, as it has many people.
I'm so furious (in an intellectual not physical way! I'm not a plate smasher and I don't have histrionic sobbing sessions!) at what the nasty ginger cunt has done to his family with the help of his evil wife. I rather think that they've finally scuppered themselves now.
Then so many people on the forum tell their stories of cancer and I am in tears every time I read a new post, so that I can't even write a supportive, comforting comment....so I feel even more pathetic. It struck me how so many people all over the world are saying they're praying for Catherine, which is wonderful and I believe it's genuinely helpful 'there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy ' etc...)
I wondered how many ordinary people have people to pray for them when they most need it...?
I don't know, but maybe we need many more prayer groups in the world...? When I say prayer, I don't just mean the Christian version, there are many traditions and ways of sending healing, kind, loving thoughts....and it seems to work well when it's a group effort.
Excuse my meandering...I'm rather overwhelmed with sadness and pain at so much suffering and trying to find a way to be of some help, perhaps a way of turning sadness and pain into something positive... 💞

• Heart

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Our friend died ealier today, I have only just found out. I am upset because in the last few weeks of his life, I never saw him. It became too traumatic.
In the end it was a merciful release because he had suffered horrendously for so long.

• Sad
  • Heart

wisebutwild

VIP Member
This is my first visit to this site but I recognise most of the lovely posters from the H&M site so you all feel like old friends.
Some of you will know that in July my darling husband of almost 51 years passed away. He had been ill for a long time so it wasn’t a shock and I seemed to cope OK at the time and ‘got on with my life’.
Recently, seeing all the Christmas stuff in the shops and the adverts on TV has just triggered a great sadness in me. I can’t explain why as I know it will be the first Christmas without him but he wasn’t a great fan of Christmas so the day was always spent with just the two of us having a Christmas dinner and watching TV.
The family knew this but now offers are coming in from everywhere asking me to spend Christmas with them. I don’t want to be alone on Christmas Day but the other days I’m not bothered about. Trying to say “Thanks, but no thanks” is very hard to do.
Bless them I know they mean well but sometimes I just want to be alone with my memories of the happier days. I often look at old photos, which doesn’t make me sad just glad remembering all the good times we shared, and this I suppose is my way of coping with my grief.
However, my family think I should be out and about doing things all the time not sitting at home by myself ….. it’s so hard trying to convince them otherwise.

• Heart
  • Sad

Chita

VIP Member
I have quite a small circle of people I love and who I am close to.
There are several others on the outskirts of that whom I care about but I don't let them in real close.

One of the real close ones has had suicidal thoughts on a few occasions but I have managed to keep lifting him up but all the mental struggles and lack of sleep etc etc is showing on his face and behind his eyes so I know those dark thoughts haven't gone away.

A friend in the not-so-close category took his own life this year.
His widow has now started dating a new man.
I think its a bit soon - and wonder if maybe she was cheating before now and that might have contributed to the suicide.
I don't know and who am I to judge anyway - but now, this development has started my loved one thinking that people soon forget a person when they die and will recover from the loss with little effect and move on to new people.

So all the work I've done to keep him from the edge and to dispel his dark thoughts is now unravelling.

I'm struggling myself to keep positive after my work being decimated by all the lockdowns for all this time - so this is all I need.

I sometimes think it's better to be a hermit and keep away from real people and just live a solitary life and use places like Tattle for company.

Oh to feel happy every day and have the inner circle of loved ones feel the same.

• Heart

VioletButterfly

VIP Member
I honestly feel like I’m invisible. And I’ve been here faithfully since H&M thread #118 and lurking before that. I ask questions no one responds. I tag people with comments, I get no response. I was even attacked by a sugar who drifted in from the Appreciation thread, she came in and started gaslighting me, was celebrated then flounced back to the other thread. I feel like the kid the gym teacher puts on your team because no one picked me. Is it because I have MPD? It’s not catching you know. No one has even cared to ask what it’s like, while other conditions are shown a special compassion. I feel very alone here. and I care so much for everyone in our thread. I feel like everyone has me on ignore. On one hand
I feel like Rachel, making it all about me. But then my littlest (inner) girl is just crying out for friendship and caring. With arms outstretched. I feel like I reach out but I’m not in the room. I’ve been shunned by my neighbors, because a witch announced my dead mother was living with us. And here I feel if I never came back, no one would notice or care. Was it something I said? There was a definite shift, and I don’t know what I said or did to cause it.

I’m sorry for the rant. I didn’t know where else to post This feeling just hurts and I don’t know how to fix it. :cry:

• Heart
  • Sad
I'm taking a brief sabbatical (in case anyone misses me).

Had a rather sudden bereavement (sibling)

I'll be back in a short while (probably sooner than later tbh), save me some cheesy puffs in the vip lounge ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

Chita

VIP Member
Woah @Rockin' Robin so sorry to hear that.

But you did EVERYTHING you could for that guy.
And I know it sounds trite but he is out of pain now and you are released.

You and your husband have been wonderful friends to him.
Just wonderful.

This weekend has been HARD. I’m going to say it out loud.

I DON’T LIKE CHRISTMAS.

I know I used to. I absolutely remember that “Christmas feeling” and the magic, but it has DIED for me. It is years and years of dealing with mum’s dementia, then the loss of both my parents around Christmas 4 years ago, my family splintering, my partner having no family. I’m just done with it.

However I do have a kid so of course he is excited for Christmas. So I will keep it all going for his sake.

But I just can’t be arsed with any of it. Literally feel numb about it all, zombie-like, doing the tree and cards and decorations because I have to. I would happily skip this whole ridiculous lark and wake up on 5th Jan when it’s time to go back to work.

It only really gets to me when someone tells me they love Christmas and then it really gets me behind the eyes and in the throat, and I’m envious about past times I’ll ever have again when everything seemed so much more straightforward and cheerful.

Damn you, Christmas!

Except for the mince pies which are bloody lovely.

I had to go into my bank today.
I guess I have "one of those faces" because strangers in queues often talk to me as if they have known me years. They tell me stuff about their illnesses and personal stuff.

Woman in front of me was on about wrapping all her presents for everybody in her family how busy she is getting everything ready for "the big day" and how much work it is etc.
I smiled wanly.
Then she said are you ready for Christmas? And looked at me like a spaniel expecting to be given doggy treats.

WTF do you say??

I don't have kids or siblings.
One of my friends died of cancer during covid, another took his own life this year and the members of my family who haven't already died are so depressed that they are contemplating suicide and Im trying to stay positive when I lost all my freelance work during covid and havent got back to normal work levels yet.
So WTF do you say to people like the woman in the bank?
You can't shit on their joy just because your life is currently crap.
So I just fought back the tears and told her it all sounds lovely and I hope she has a wonderful Christmas.
I've never been so glad to hear the mechanical voice say, " cashier number 3 please."

You've got to laugh and try and vibrate up, but it's not bloody easy is it.

Thank goodness for Tattle.
Thats what I say.

PS then I came home and started on the Christmas cake. Feck it.
Had 2 slices.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

VioletButterfly

VIP Member
I am so sorry for flying in with a Narcissistic rant, I had a meltdown of sorts, and felt plunged into depression. As I posted in the other forum I ranted in, I’d been battling the flu for a week, when I was overwhelmed by the loving tributes for The Late Queen, which then ripped open my heart over my own late Mother. There was an inner struggle with my bitch girl trying to emerge. I realized I was mad at Gid, at that never ends well. Then bamm, the pressure from my middle ear slapped me with a return bout of vertigo. 2 days later It left as quickly as hit. iI’m feeling much better now, except for the huge embarrassment over my outbursts. :( Thank you everyone, I’m really sorry. 1st I’m so sorry for my me-me-me-me explosion the other day. iI’m feeling much better now, except for the huge embarrassment over my outbursts. :( thank you all for your warmth and understanding.

2764.png

• Heart

Chita

VIP Member
Love to you all.
Nobody knows what people are coping with behind the painted smile.
And as we've said, at least when we are being hermits, we don't have to paint that smile on if we don't feel like it.

I spent Christmas day pretending to be jolly.Today I don't have to.

I'm dreading next year because if it's more of the same despair I don't know how I'm going to keep my loved ones going.
When there's hope, you can always carry on, but things are getting worse out there. Im running out of silver linings to remind them of.

And there's only so many doodles you can draw. Sooner or later, the ink runs dry.

I wish I had a magic wand and a jackpot win on the lottery.

• Heart