Escape into the Tea & Sympathy chat room #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love those words @Chita - I'm definitely taking a screenshot of that and printing it to pin up somewhere or carry with me.

Thank you for sharing that with me and taking the time to respond. Thank you to you too @JAR21 ❤

I used to have it on my bedroom wall. Now its on my phone to look at any time I need reminding it's all about gritting our teeth and facing the fear and standing strong until it passes.

It always passes.

Jumping on here, sorry to interupt. Actually having a name for something is a huge step towards dealing with it (happened to me when I suffered from depression) so you should be relieved.
I've just been on yoga holiday and one of the women I was with told me she has PTSD from her upbringing with emotionally manipulative/physically abusive parents. She has had counselling and says she rarely thinks about it now (although both parents are still alive). She now works tackling deprivation (I won't be too specific) and has just received an MBE!
I hope you get the help you need now you have a diagnosis.

Yeh there is a relief in knowing what it is.
Once you know, you can deal with it.

Reactions: 2
I have stuff to do but I can't find the energy to do any of the things that need doing.
I felt like a chat in the hopes it might help shake me up.
I rang three people. All calls went straight to voicemail.
Nobody there to talk to.

It got me thinking that when people get to their lowest ebb ( Im not, by the way. This is just hypothetical) - when someone is on the edge, and they just need to hear the voice of someone to pull them back from the edge, but they call and call and nobody answers......
How awful that is.
We truly are on our own.

Im going to try and sleep a bit. Hoping I can sleep, and hoping I wake up with a bit more motivation to get done what I need to do.
Everything seems to be such a big effort.

Is it just me?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have stuff to do but I can't find the energy to do any of the things that need doing.
I felt like a chat in the hopes it might help shake me up.
I rang three people. All calls went straight to voicemail.
Nobody there to talk to.

It got me thinking that when people get to their lowest ebb ( Im not, by the way. This is just hypothetical) - when someone is on the edge, and they just need to hear the voice of someone to pull them back from the edge, but they call and call and nobody answers......
How awful that is.
We truly are on our own.

Im going to try and sleep a bit. Hoping I can sleep, and hoping I wake up with a bit more motivation to get done what I need to do.
Everything seems to be such a big effort.

Is it just me?
Sorry you couldn't get hold of anybody chita 😒 hope sleep helps your motivation
Remember, tiny steps then reward. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I slept most of the day.
Then the people I called got back to me.

All of them have stuff going on so We all cheered each other up.

I still did bugger all, though.
So my list of stuff to do still needs doing.

Tomorrow is another day.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I slept most of the day.

Tomorrow is another day.
Yes. Hugs 😍
Well, I broke both bones in my arm above my wrist on Tuesday. Right wrist...🙄
Still getting to grips with the basics!

• Wow
Yes. Hugs 😍
Well, I broke both bones in my arm above my wrist on Tuesday. Right wrist...🙄
Still getting to grips with the basics!

Oh no!!!!!
I bet you are right handed too!
Hopefully it will only be a few weeks for the bones to mend.

Take it easy.

• Heart
I jet washed part of the patio today. I've been putting it off since before Covid! The bit I've done looks much better. I'll try and do a bit each day this week so it doesn't break my back by doing too much at a time.

• Heart
I often think that from childhood we should all practice using both hands to do stuff.

Well done JAR!!!

I am impressed.

I often think that from childhood we should all practice using both hands to do stuff.

Well done JAR!!!

I am impressed.
It was desperate!

Once you've got your arse moving, you actually feel quite good for having done something!

• Haha
I slept most of the day.

Tomorrow is another day.
How are you doing today @Chita

Reactions: 1
I was up at six.
Did a load of stuff that I should have done yesterday.
So I feel much better today, thanks.
It was sunny out and that always helps.
That's great news.
Seems a lot of people are having a rough time at the moment. What's going on?

That's great news.
Seems a lot of people are having a rough time at the moment. What's going on?

The lockdown isolations plus loss of income/businesses suffering and not picking up yet is taking its toll, money running out, also the world has gone mad.
Russia bombing Ukraine, an old dude with alzheimers in the WhiteHouse, crappy Politicians cocking everything up, outrageous fuel prices, rail strikes, cost of living skyrocketing, tit weather......

Things should have started to get better after lockdowns all lifted but they are getting worse.

People's mental health can only stand so much.

The lockdown isolations plus loss of income/businesses suffering and not picking up yet is taking its toll, money running out, also the world has gone mad.
Russia bombing Ukraine, an old dude with alzheimers in the WhiteHouse, crappy Politicians cocking everything up, outrageous fuel prices, rail strikes, cost of living skyrocketing, tit weather......

Things should have started to get better after lockdowns all lifted but they are getting worse.

People's mental health can only stand so much.
Yes, maybe our expectations were high and haven't been met...
I feel like I'm back in lockdown with my broken wrist....and the internet is down until Friday and I will run out of data..ugh!

• Wow
  • Sad
Yes, maybe our expectations were high and haven't been met...
I feel like I'm back in lockdown with my broken wrist....and the internet is down until Friday and I will run out of data..ugh!
It will soon be Friday and one week closer to your bones healing.

• Heart
It has been an eventful week so far.
For the past week, I have had a slight headache. I took paracetamol, but the pain did not go away. When I woke up this morning, I noticed that my mouth was lopsided, I mentioned it to my partner. We both agreed that I should go to the A&E, at the local hospital. The hospital is not far away, so I was able to walk there.
I should point out at this point, that back in 2008, I was with my Mum whilst she was having a stroke, she died in 2010 from complications from the stroke. So I am aware of the signs of a possible stroke, or TIA.
I arrived at the A&E, and said that I thought I might be having a stroke. I cannot fault the care I received after that, I was whisked into triage, and soon after was into a side ward. All manner of tests were taken, including an ECG, and a scan of my head. They didn't seem to think that I had a stroke. The head scan did not detect anything.
They pescribed some statins and other meds, and I was released soon after. I took the first course of meds this evening. I am more or less OK, but I still have the headache, and my mouth is still lopsided. My partner is playing a blinder looking after me - as if he hasn't enough to contend with.
I will be having an MRI scan later this week.
I have to tell you, that I am worried.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I hope you begin to feel better soon. You did the right thing by going to the Hospital asap. Let's hope it's just a little blip and you're back to normal as soon as possible. Keep us updated x

• Heart
It has been an eventful week so far.
For the past week, I have had a slight headache. I took paracetamol, but the pain did not go away. When I woke up this morning, I noticed that my mouth was lopsided, I mentioned it to my partner. We both agreed that I should go to the A&E, at the local hospital. The hospital is not far away, so I was able to walk there.
I should point out at this point, that back in 2008, I was with my Mum whilst she was having a stroke, she died in 2010 from complications from the stroke. So I am aware of the signs of a possible stroke, or TIA.
I arrived at the A&E, and said that I thought I might be having a stroke. I cannot fault the care I received after that, I was whisked into triage, and soon after was into a side ward. All manner of tests were taken, including an ECG, and a scan of my head. They didn't seem to think that I had a stroke. The head scan did not detect anything.
They pescribed some statins and other meds, and I was released soon after. I took the first course of meds this evening. I am more or less OK, but I still have the headache, and my mouth is still lopsided. My partner is playing a blinder looking after me - as if he hasn't enough to contend with.
I will be having an MRI scan later this week.
I have to tell you, that I am worried.
Omg how worrying. I hope you get some answers very soon. Thank goodness you have somebody to look after you. Let us know.
I spent Saturday night in hospital after surgery to my wrist. The consultant said it wasn't the worst fracture he'd seen, but.....
I did a good job!
Wishing you all the best.

It will soon be Friday and one week closer to your bones healing.
See previous post but got a call late Friday to go in for surgery Saturday 7.30am. Ended up staying in for night.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.