Escape into the Tea & Sympathy chat room #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish I could shake off this idleness.
I have stuff that needs doing. Things are stressing me out and I need to make some phone calls to get tradespeople to do these things for me but I can't motivate myself to call them.
It seems like such a huge thing to do and I can't motivate myself.
I just feel tired and want to doze off all the time.

It may sound mad but I think it's the weather. It's cold and windy out and there hasn't been any warm weather to speak of.
I just want to hibernate.

If it was sunny out, I'd want to shift myself.
Can you set yourself one task then do something nice rather than feeling there is so much to do?
I often put off making phone calls to trades..i find the thought draining...to the point that a friend phoned the plumber for me!

Reactions: 1
Can you set yourself one task then do something nice rather than feeling there is so much to do?
I often put off making phone calls to trades..i find the thought draining...to the point that a friend phoned the plumber for me!
Good idea.
I have just dealt with one issue.
So far so good.
That was an online flower order that should have been delivered to a friend on her birthday.
It didn't arrive.
Their records show it was handed to courier but courier's records show they are waiting to receive the order.
So where is it???

Flower company sending new flowers tomorrow. OK, the birthday is passed but my friend will understand when I explain.
She did receive her card from me and I had already given her a gift before her Birthday.
The flowers were an extra present to cheer her up because she has had such a terrible time lately.
The flower company have always been reliable in the past and their blooms always good . So I think the courier may be at fault here.

That's one job done, anyway. But I am now anxious in case the new ones get lost as well.

My mind chimp is on chattering overtime today. I just want to go to sleep and block it out but he won't shut up.

Three more calls to make us a LOT of admin to do.
I'm putting them off.
Bad Chita.

• Heart
Good idea.
I have just dealt with one issue.
So far so good.
That was an online flower order that should have been delivered to a friend on her birthday.
It didn't arrive.
Their records show it was handed to courier but courier's records show they are waiting to receive the order.
So where is it???

Flower company sending new flowers tomorrow. OK, the birthday is passed but my friend will understand when I explain.
She did receive her card from me and I had already given her a gift before her Birthday.
The flowers were an extra present to cheer her up because she has had such a terrible time lately.
The flower company have always been reliable in the past and their blooms always good . So I think the courier may be at fault here.

That's one job done, anyway. But I am now anxious in case the new ones get lost as well.

My mind chimp is on chattering overtime today. I just want to go to sleep and block it out but he won't shut up.

Three more calls to make us a LOT of admin to do.
I'm putting them off.
Bad Chita.
Well done. Great start and far more important than tradesmen. What a gorgeous gesture. It will definitely be the courier.

Put that mind chimp in a box on the top shelf! Let us know when you cross off the next job.

• Heart
Tradesmen calls are postponed until next week.
I just can't be doing with that at the moment.
The jobs are not urgent.

I have 2 depressed loved ones. I phoned one to check up on them. On phone over an hour.

The other is next on my list.

The admin I have to do can also wait until next week.

Sometimes I can wake up in the right mood to just crack on and plough through it. Today isn't one of those days.

Reactions: 2
Tradesmen calls are postponed until next week.
I just can't be doing with that at the moment.
The jobs are not urgent.

I have 2 depressed loved ones. I phoned one to check up on them. On phone over an hour.

The other is next on my list.

The admin I have to do can also wait until next week.

Sometimes I can wake up in the right mood to just crack on and plough through it. Today isn't one of those days.
That's so hard dealing with people who are depressed. You are so kind hearted but it must really drain you. 🥰

• Heart
That's so hard dealing with people who are depressed. You are so kind hearted but it must really drain you. 🥰
It does.
The 2nd one has now got a washing line in their car. Drove to a local beauty spot and sat for 2 hours with it in their lap.
Thank God they snapped out of it and phoned me.
I was due to ring them later.
They were next on my list.
I had been thinking of them all day.
I think on some subconscious level I knew they were having a bad day.

It's just that for many people now the knock on effect of lockdowns has resulted in businesses going bust and they have lost all hope and feel worthless.
It's when hope is lost that we get into serious problems.

This one is of a certain age and finding it hard to get a job.

It's wrong, but employers are ageist when recruiting.
This just adds to their feeling of being all washed up.

They said, "I feel totally lost. Like a sycamore seed spinning in the wind."

Last edited:
  • Sad
It does.
The 2nd one has now got a washing line in their car. Drove to a local beauty spot and sat for 2 hours with it in their lap.

It's just that for many people now the knock on effect of lockdowns has resulted in businesses going bust and they have lost all hope and feel worthless.

Your poor friend, hopefully you are managing to cope with everything and looking after yourself as well

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It does.
I was due to ring them later.
They were next on my list.

See I was right about you being lovely, you give so much to other folks, I really hope you have someone who you can talk to, and who cares about you like you do x

See I was right about you being lovely, you give so much to other folks, I really hope you have someone who you can talk to, and who cares about you like you do x

I learned a long time ago that basically we can only rely on ourselves.

For example, when I had that awful day, I rang 2 friends ...... voicemail. I told them what was up in my message and they did reply later by text but neither phoned to see if I am ok then or even the next day.
When they didn't answer I messaged a third to ask if I could ring her - she sometimes looks after some children so I didn't want to disturb her if busy. She said she had a lot on today so could I ring another time.
I haven't rung back. She hasn't rung me either.

Friends, eh.

The only way for me to cope with it all is to distract myself.
This is where the drawings come in and Tattle. Thank goodness for Tattle and the fabulous cyber friends in here.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I learned a long time ago that basically we can only rely on ourselves.

For example, when I had that awful day, I rang 2 friends ...... voicemail. I told them what was up in my message and they did reply later by text but neither phoned to see if I am ok then or even the next day.
When they didn't answer I messaged a third to ask if I could ring her - she sometimes looks after some children so I didn't want to disturb her if busy. She said she had a lot on today so could I ring another time.
I haven't rung back. She hasn't rung me either.

Friends, eh.

The only way for me to cope with it all is to distract myself.
This is where the drawings come in and Tattle. Thank goodness for Tattle and the fabulous cyber friends in here.
You are me, I have no one apart from my oh ( my so called family have treated me like tit) but sometimes with him it's so hard for me to explain how I'm feeling, he has his own issues which I'm always there for him, a very old friend of mine has recently been in touch, and yes it was lovely to chat, but I always remember when I needed her, she wasn't there.
I agree with tattle friends too, there's some lovely folks on here.

You are me, I have no one apart from my oh ( my so called family have treated me like tit) but sometimes with him it's so hard for me to explain how I'm feeling, he has his own issues which I'm always there for him, a very old friend of mine has recently been in touch, and yes it was lovely to chat, but I always remember when I needed her, she wasn't there.
I agree with tattle friends too, there's some lovely folks on here.
Yes, you sound like me.

Funny isn't it.

I get it that people have their own lives and can't always be there for us when our eeyore day comes. But it does make me fed up.

Another friend moved down to London years ago and it is inevitable that you drift apart when separated by a long distance.
However, I emailed her on 3rd May. The friend said she was on the way to a meeting and would be tied up for the rest of the day, but she wrote, 'let me get back to you when I can sit and write a proper response.'
Its now 28th May.
No contact. I won't bother contacting her again.
I know she has a busy job but come ON!!!!! Twenty five days!

I'm beyond getting bothered by it.
I'll sort myself out.
Always have.
I'm used to it. Distraction is the key.
And trying to help others in here etc.

If nothing else, its made me strong. But as I said, I get fed up sometimes.
If it was sunny I would feel better.

But my eeyore has buggered off for now.
Im hoping everyone else in here is ok.

• Heart
I get so fed up too, I've always tried to help others, but there's never been anyone to help me, am having a blip today, my oh has gone out on his bike, I should be with him, but nope, I'm still in bed, at this moment in time, all I want is a good night's sleep

I get so fed up too, I've always tried to help others, but there's never been anyone to help me, am having a blip today, my oh has gone out on his bike, I should be with him, but nope, I'm still in bed, at this moment in time, all I want is a good night's sleep

And I bet you keep dozing for a few seconds then waking up and not really properly resting.

That's me two days this week.
Stayed on the bed then suddenly the day is gone.

All we can do is keep plodding on.
I'm going to an artisan market tomorrow.
Gonna sell some of my art. Don't care if I don't do loads of sales. I will be out of the house and I have a sense of purpose.
I will have new people to chat to and that keeps eeyore at bay.

There might even be a cake stall there!
Small pleasures.

Try and sleep @Maid22
Think of happy things.

• Heart
Yep I've dozed off, but not proper sleeps, think I'm getting to that stage of a drs appointment!
Hope you have a lovely and profitable tomorrow, I was just thinking, I love your cartoons, would love you to cartoon my collie, Ive always taken photos of my pets, but a cartoon character, I'd love that!! I'll pay too !!

Yep I've dozed off, but not proper sleeps, think I'm getting to that stage of a drs appointment!
Hope you have a lovely and profitable tomorrow, I was just thinking, I love your cartoons, would love you to cartoon my collie, Ive always taken photos of my pets, but a cartoon character, I'd love that!! I'll pay too !!

You have to sleep when you can.

Thankyou for your comments about my doodles.
I'm not very good at making things look like they should look. I struggle with the Corgis for example.
I tried a collie once. Might have it on my laptop somewhere.
It had blue grey fur tho and looked like a lion.
I tried to do a pug as well but it looked more like Marty Feldman!
I'm very limited.
Ill fitting shoes - no problem. Dogs. Not so much!

🤪 🤪🤪

collie_1.jpg

• Heart
That is really cute!! Mines a black and white collie, but his blase goes abit skew on his head, but he's a handsome looking dog! Am being serious, would love you to cartoon him!!

That is really cute!! Mines a black and white collie, but his blase goes abit skew on his head, but he's a handsome looking dog! Am being serious, would love you to cartoon him!!
I'm sure he's beautiful. I love dogs but I'm not so good at drawing them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.