Escape into the Tea & Sympathy chat room #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still trying to get some sleeps, have been dozing on and off, now I'm ping wide awake!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've just heard a thud on my kitchen window, thought that's a bird, I always go out and put them in a safe place, as normally they're just dazed and confused, but this one has broken his neck, a young speckled black bird, so upsetting to see.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
So once again, I feel stressed to the max.
I spoke to our friend today, who told me that he is leaving the hospital tomorrow, and will be going to a care facility for some intermediate treatment. It is one step closer to him going home again. At least this time, he isn't dropping us in it!
He asked me if I would fetch his holdall from his flat, to bring to the hospital for his move tomorrow, which I did. I took the holdall to the hospital, we ended up having a long chat. His mental faculties are almost back to normal. He is anxious about going to this facility, he is afraid that his stay might be permanent. But he is also feeling positive, and talked about his plans to build the model car. I'm glad he is thinking positively. It will be his birthday next week, at one stage I really didn't think he would make it this far.
So why do I feel stressed?
My partner is not in the best of health and suffers with myalgia. It was really bad today, he was in a lot of pain. We did manage to go out for a pub lunch, but we were only out for a short while. When we returned home, we sat outside in the garden, he was so tired, that he fell asleep in the garden.
At the moment, he is working full time, doing a very physically demanding job. It is becoming increasingly difficult, because of the pain he is in. He was supposed to receive a phonecall from a Doctor at his surgery last week , but he never got the call. I dispair sometimes, I really do. I am really worried about him.

• Sad
Sorry about the bird @Maid22
Always upsetting when that happens.

@Rockin' Robin

Oh dear. Try not to worry, your husband is overtired and needs rest.
I had to look up myalgia. Painful muscles, yes?
Is it in a particular place or all over?

I'm sure you know how to deal with it but warm relaxing baths, comforting hot water bottle on the painful area are simple but effective remedies for ache all over.
And sleep.
Sleep heals, but with your minds racing ten to the dozen I know it's hard to calm the mind chimp down and stop it chattering at us.
So get some nice wine or whatever you like to drink to help relax those muscles.

Can you afford a massage therapy session? Some calming lavender oil massaged in can be a great help.
Maybe you could do it yourselves if a massage therapist is too expensive.
Mix lavender oil with some sweet almond oil or other type and massage each other.

Even sniffing lavender on a hanky can help calm the mind.
And a massage aids sleep.

The friend in hospital situation - I think you need to just go with the flow here. Whatever happens, happens. If he does go into a permanent facility then he will have to adjust.
Try to detach from that because you can't control it, you can only support.

But for hubby - and you - relaxation is the key.
Silence the mind chimp, massages, calming lavender and some heat on his muscles, and sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sorry about the bird @Maid22
Always upsetting when that happens.

@Rockin' Robin

Oh dear. Try not to worry, your husband is overtired and needs rest.
I had to look up myalgia. Painful muscles, yes?
Is it in a particular place or all over?

I'm sure you know how to deal with it but warm relaxing baths, comforting hot water bottle on the painful area are simple but effective remedies for ache all over.
And sleep.
Sleep heals, but with your minds racing ten to the dozen I know it's hard to calm the mind chimp down and stop it chattering at us.
So get some nice wine or whatever you like to drink to help relax those muscles.

Can you afford a massage therapy session? Some calming lavender oil massaged in can be a great help.
Maybe you could do it yourselves if a massage therapist is too expensive.
Mix lavender oil with some sweet almond oil or other type and massage each other.

Even sniffing lavender on a hanky can help calm the mind.
And a massage aids sleep.

The friend in hospital situation - I think you need to just go with the flow here. Whatever happens, happens. If he does go into a permanent facility then he will have to adjust.
Try to detach from that because you can't control it, you can only support.

But for hubby - and you - relaxation is the key.
Silence the mind chimp, massages, calming lavender and some heat on his muscles, and sleep.
Thank you for your advice and support.

• Heart
@Chita how did you get on at the market, hope you sold loads
It was a nice day. Lots of nice people.
Very tiring.
Made a bit of money.
Not much, but next year Maidy, we'll be millionaires.

Im doing another one on Sunday. I rather enjoy them.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm really quite upset at the moment.
Our friend is alright, he was transfered to a rehabilitation unit a week ago. The unit is quite near us, so visiting is not a problem. He had a birthday on Sunday, one we never expected him to have. He is in a lot of pain, and has been dosed up with morphine, but he is in better spirits today.
The problem is that when he was in hospital, he lost a ring that was precious to him. It wasn't worth much, but it was impotant to him. He got a phone call a week or so ago, to say that the ring had been found and was in a lost property office, either in the previous hospital he was at, or the one he was transfered to.
Today I volunteered to collect the ring, the plan was to travel to the hospital in question, and collect it. Instead, I have been phoning several departments at both hospitals, trying to locate the ring. I wish I'd never volunteered, I've been given the run around, by several people, I ended up in tears. The worst part about it, is that I am letting down the friend, by not finding the ring. It has been a deeply upsetting day so far.

• Sad
  • Angry
I'm really quite upset at the moment.
Our friend is alright, he was transfered to a rehabilitation unit a week ago. The unit is quite near us, so visiting is not a problem. He had a birthday on Sunday, one we never expected him to have. He is in a lot of pain, and has been dosed up with morphine, but he is in better spirits today.
The problem is that when he was in hospital, he lost a ring that was precious to him. It wasn't worth much, but it was impotant to him. He got a phone call a week or so ago, to say that the ring had been found and was in a lost property office, either in the previous hospital he was at, or the one he was transfered to.
Today I volunteered to collect the ring, the plan was to travel to the hospital in question, and collect it. Instead, I have been phoning several departments at both hospitals, trying to locate the ring. I wish I'd never volunteered, I've been given the run around, by several people, I ended up in tears. The worst part about it, is that I am letting down the friend, by not finding the ring. It has been a deeply upsetting day so far.
Don't get upset. You can only do what you can do. Can you try and get more details from your friend or the rehab unit about who phoned to let him know it had been found?

Don't get upset. You can only do what you can do. Can you try and get more details from your friend or the rehab unit about who phoned to let him know it had been found?
Thank you for your reply, I've calmed down a bit since my previous post. At the time of writing, the ring still hasn't been located, but enquiries are being made.

I got a phonecall today, to let me know they have found the ring. I have collected it, and wiil return it when I see him.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi - first time posting on this thread - didn't want to derail the other.

I got diagnosed with PTSD today and not sure what to do with it. It's a lot to take in, not ready to tell anyone I know (except my partner).

• Heart

I got diagnosed with PTSD today and not sure what to do with it. It's a lot to take in, not ready to tell anyone I know (except my partner).
Did whoever diagnosed you give you details of anyone you can chat with?

I don't think there's anything to be embarrassed or worried about. It's not something you can help having.

You could tell one person in your family and ask them to let other people know for you, when you're ready?

Did whoever diagnosed you give you details of anyone you can chat with?

I don't think there's anything to be embarrassed or worried about. It's not something you can help having.

You could tell one person in your family and ask them to let other people know for you, when you're ready?
Yeah they left me with numbers I could contact if I need support and will have another 90 minute appointment with them next week.

Was out like a light last night and best night's sleep in a long time, must have been because I was emotionally drained from opening up, which left me a bit wobbly.

I've lived with it for majority of my life though. Can't imagine a life where I don't think the way I think and feel the way I feel - it's almost become my identity. The thought of being treated for it is scary.

Diagnosed this is why past treatments for anxiety & depression haven't worked, because they weren't the core problem.

• Heart
I think that's why you had a good night's sleep. You know what it is now so your mind finally relaxed because now you have the correct diagnosis you know you can get it sorted.

Dont be afraid.
It isnt really fear of getting it fixed/controlled. Its fear of change.
You have been used to feeling that way and you understandably are apprehensive about moving on.
I read a book back when I was 13 or 14.
In it were some words I have carried with me all through life.
They have helped me many times.
I used to repeat them like a prayer.
I hope they help you.....

dune litany against fear.png

I think that's why you had a good night's sleep. You know what it is now so your mind finally relaxed because now you have the correct diagnosis you know you can get it sorted.

Dont be afraid.
It isnt really fear of getting it fixed/controlled. Its fear of change.
You have been used to feeling that way and you understandably are apprehensive about moving on.
I read a book back when I was 13 or 14.
In it were some words I have carried with me all through life.
They have helped me many times.
I used to repeat them like a prayer.
I hope they help you.....

View attachment 1334560
I love those words @Chita - I'm definitely taking a screenshot of that and printing it to pin up somewhere or carry with me.

Thank you for sharing that with me and taking the time to respond. Thank you to you too @JAR21 ❤

Jumping on here, sorry to interupt. Actually having a name for something is a huge step towards dealing with it (happened to me when I suffered from depression) so you should be relieved.
I've just been on yoga holiday and one of the women I was with told me she has PTSD from her upbringing with emotionally manipulative/physically abusive parents. She has had counselling and says she rarely thinks about it now (although both parents are still alive). She now works tackling deprivation (I won't be too specific) and has just received an MBE!
I hope you get the help you need now you have a diagnosis.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.