Escape into the Tea & Sympathy chat room #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I applied for a job at the end of February and I still haven't heard back, when I applied they said interview were likely to be the end of April and now it's highly likely I won't be able to get the time off for it if I do get an interview. I spent some time earlier re-reading the application pack and thinking "tit, did I put that in? I probably did but did I explicitly say that...?" and now I've convinced myself I've been rejected.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I applied for a job at the end of February and I still haven't heard back, when I applied they said interview were likely to be the end of April and now it's highly likely I won't be able to get the time off for it if I do get an interview. I spent some time earlier re-reading the application pack and thinking "tit, did I put that in? I probably did but did I explicitly say that...?" and now I've convinced myself I've been rejected.
Its normal to feel like that when you reread what you've written, and assume the worst if you don't hear. Try and stay positive.
You might be able to do the interview out of hours or by zoom too....let us know.

Reactions: 1
i’m at PT lol so feel like i can do it alone, not doing any diets as such, just eating more whole foods and moving my body more

Hope you get an interview.
There's still time to hear back.

Fuel prices are ridiculous.
Had no heating on and they keep wanting to increase the monthly direct debit.
I'm trying to have a virtual chat with someone to see if there's a cheaper tariff.
I'm number 388 in the queue!!!!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Finally got through to a 'chat' assistant.
Waffled on about kHz and all that bollix and offered a plan for the exact same amount as I'm paying now.
So no help at all really.

What is the world coming to?
I despair.

Still haven't heard anything from either job.

Sorry to hear that.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
On the radio just now they were on about loneliness and depression and about seeking professional help to fix it.

Sometimes it isn't professional help that's the solution though, is it?

Loneliness - sometimes the problem is that friends are too busy with their own lives and even though they say they are there to support us, they aren't.
They don't reply to voicemails or texts.
They don't get it that the reason you contacted them was because you felt bad at that moment and just wanted to feel less lonely.
They say they are there for us, but are they, really?

Depression - sometimes it's loss of job, feeling of hopelessness when rejected constantly, inability to motivate oneself because the stuffing has been knocked out of us and the rapidly disappearing savings that's the problem.

And seeing a therapist won't get us a job or replenish the bank account will it.

Basically we are on our own.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
On the radio just now they were on about loneliness and depression and about seeking professional help to fix it.

Sometimes it isn't professional help that's the solution though, is it?

Loneliness - sometimes the problem is that friends are too busy with their own lives and even though they say they are there to support us, they aren't.
They don't reply to voicemails or texts.
They don't get it that the reason you contacted them was because you felt bad at that moment and just wanted to feel less lonely.
They say they are there for us, but are they, really?

Depression - sometimes it's loss of job, feeling of hopelessness when rejected constantly, inability to motivate oneself because the stuffing has been knocked out of us and the rapidly disappearing savings that's the problem.

And seeing a therapist won't get us a job or replenish the bank account will it.

Basically we are on our own.
So true....neither can be solved like that. I wish!
I remember when I had depression, many years ago, due to bullying at a new job, and my doctor told me to leave my job. I had a mortgage and was on my own!
As for loneliness, a 'professional' will just say join a club!

So true....neither can be solved like that. I wish!
I remember when I had depression, many years ago, due to bullying at a new job, and my doctor told me to leave my job. I had a mortgage and was on my own!
As for loneliness, a 'professional' will just say join a club!
I once went to work at a place where my friend used to be assistant manager.
She left ages before I moved there.
One of the women there was horrible to me.
I used to cry when I got home because I hated going in to work so much.

My Mum said this woman is being horrible for a reason and if I was going to stop her bullying I needed to get to the bottom of why she was being like that.
Mum said I should try to befriend her.
Kill her with kindness.
Turns out the woman had ambitions to become management and that because my friend used to be a manager there this woman assumed I wanted to be a manager too and she thought I was competition for her.

I had no such ambition and when I made that clear to her, the bullying and belittling stopped.
I hated that job though.
She had poisoned it for me.

I once went to work at a place where my friend used to be assistant manager.
She left ages before I moved there.
One of the women there was horrible to me.
I used to cry when I got home because I hated going in to work so much.

My Mum said this woman is being horrible for a reason and if I was going to stop her bullying I needed to get to the bottom of why she was being like that.
Mum said I should try to befriend her.
Kill her with kindness.
Turns out the woman had ambitions to become management and that because my friend used to be a manager there this woman assumed I wanted to be a manager too and she thought I was competition for her.

I had no such ambition and when I made that clear to her, the bullying and belittling stopped.
I hated that job though.
She had poisoned it for me.
I couldn't work out why she didn't like me... she was on the panel that appointed me. I thought it was because I was getting attention (it was male dominated) but the secretaries told me it happened to my predecessor who was a man. 🤔

• Sad
I couldn't work out why she didn't like me... she was on the panel that appointed me. I thought it was because I was getting attention (it was male dominated) but the secretaries told me it happened to my predecessor who was a man. 🤔
Maybe she's just a witch then.
Some people seem to enjoy being horrible.

Best avoided wherever possible and when not possible, grit your teeth, kill them with kindness and get away from them as soon as you can.

@Rockin' Robin how are things?

Maybe she's just a witch then.
Some people seem to enjoy being horrible.

Best avoided wherever possible and when not possible, grit your teeth, kill them with kindness and get away from them as soon as you can.

@Rockin' Robin how are things?
I'm glad you asked. I don't quite have the energy to wrte the essay required to answer the question right now, but I will come back later. :)

Ok, I'll try not to make this into an essay!
Our friend is back in hospital again, after receiving a fracture from a fall in his home. He has been there three weeks. I have only been to visit him once so far. The strain of yet another hospitalisation, became a little too much to bear, and I began feeling really low. Though I am feeling slightly better today.
My partner has borne most of the brunt of the latest hospitalisation, he has spoken to the friend numerous times on the phone, trying to lift his spirits. My partner came up with the brilliant idea of buying an airfix kit for a classic car. The idea is to help the friend construct the model. Obviously he can't do this whilst in hospital, so maybe he will be able to, if he is able to return home (doubtful at this point).
What has touched me, is the friend's will to survive under such difficult circumstances, and my partner's devotion to his friend. The car kit has become a poignant symbol of their friendship.
I forgot to mention that my partner has been feeling unwell this weekend. He has been to doing far too much for other people, and I think it is catching up with him. I did tell him to take it easy and step back a little, but he continues to push himself. It is very draining looking after other people.
We are managing to get out and about, doing things that we enjoy, but we can't fully relax because the friend is often on the phone.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Our friend is back in hospital again, after receiving a fracture from a fall in his home. He has been there three weeks. I have only been to visit him once so far. The strain of yet another hospitalisation, became a little too much to bear, and I began feeling really low. Though I am feeling slightly better today.
My partner has borne most of the brunt of the latest hospitalisation, he has spoken to the friend numerous times on the phone, trying to lift his spirits. My partner came up with the brilliant idea of buying an airfix kit for a classic car. The idea is to help the friend construct the model. Obviously he can't do this whilst in hospital, so maybe he will be able to, if he is able to return home (doubtful at this point).
What has touched me, is the friend's will to survive under such difficult circumstances, and my partner's devotion to his friend. The car kit has become a poignant symbol of their friendship.
I forgot to mention that my partner has been feeling unwell this weekend. He has been to doing far too much for other people, and I think it is catching up with him. I did tell him to take it easy and step back a little, but he continues to push himself. It is very draining looking after other people.
We are managing to get out and about, doing things that we enjoy, but we can't fully relax because the friend is often on the phone.

What fabulous people you both are.

I hope your friend appreciates all you are doing.

You guys are amazing. I'm pleased you are trying to do some stuff for yourselves. It's so important 😍

I wish I could shake off this idleness.
I have stuff that needs doing. Things are stressing me out and I need to make some phone calls to get tradespeople to do these things for me but I can't motivate myself to call them.
It seems like such a huge thing to do and I can't motivate myself.
I just feel tired and want to doze off all the time.

It may sound mad but I think it's the weather. It's cold and windy out and there hasn't been any warm weather to speak of.
I just want to hibernate.

If it was sunny out, I'd want to shift myself.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.