Erin - Little.Lulu.Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Crystal can see Erin and her husband suck so she’s looking at r her today for free. Obviously a very caring lady.

Reactions: 7
I unfollowed today as well I just couldn’t watch, it actually makes me feel sick how much Luella has been rejected now Tom is here. And the dynamics with Crystal are so unprofessional. Crystal is amazing but when she does choose to move on I imagine there will be a huge guilt trip from Erin about how selfish it is, how could she do that to Erin etc.

Reactions: 15
So they’re all obsessing over tommy, but poor Lu is left at home :(
I mean, I think it’s pretty common when you have a newborn / tiny baby for the baby to go with mum on certain outings while the big kid stays behind, because the outing may not be fun for the older kid whereas baby usually wants to be with mum. My babies have been breastfed and I’d had to have them with me all the time. In isolation, this lunch isn’t an issue. It’s Erin’s overall attitude towards Luella and the pattern of having Chrystal take over as primary carer, not being willing to take Lu to the playground, etc.

Reactions: 14
I mean, I think it’s pretty common when you have a newborn / tiny baby for the baby to go with mum on certain outings while the big kid stays behind, because the outing may not be fun for the older kid whereas baby usually wants to be with mum. My babies have been breastfed and I’d had to have them with me all the time. In isolation, this lunch isn’t an issue. It’s Erin’s overall attitude towards Luella and the pattern of having Chrystal take over as primary carer, not being willing to take Lu to the playground, etc.
Yes sorry I should’ve clarified

I think because it’s not an isolated incident it made me cranky but because it’s not I didn’t word it right 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8

I think because it’s not an isolated incident it made me cranky but because it’s not I didn’t word it right 🤦🏼‍♀️
That’s okay, I knew what you meant.

I hope this comes across in the right way, because I absolutely do not say this with judgement towards anyone’s feeding choices, but is it usual for formula fed bubs to be super Velcro to mum? I was under the impression one of the reasons that Erin chose not to breastfeed was so that she could have more freedom to be there for Luella, but it seems like she has Tommy on her all the time, anyway.

Reactions: 17
That’s okay, I knew what you meant.

I hope this comes across in the right way, because I absolutely do not say this with judgement towards anyone’s feeding choices, but is it usual for formula fed bubs to be super Velcro to mum? I was under the impression one of the reasons that Erin chose not to breastfeed was so that she could have more freedom to be there for Luella, but it seems like she has Tommy on her all the time, anyway.
Yea I was like that with my daughter but I just had the one. She was formula fed but we were attached at the hip 24/7. I loved it 😊

Reactions: 5

I think she worded it weirdly too. I absolutely would take the baby out without my toddler. But I’d also take my toddler out without the baby, even though she was exclusively breastfed and didn’t have bottles. She phrased it like, “I had to leave Lulu behind because we wouldn’t be able to enjoy ourselves if she was there”. Also, that’s when dad should have stepped in and spent quality time with Lulu. Chrystal is like the primary carer now.

It's how she words things, that actually show her true intent that really gets to me. I'm not bothered she's not taken lulu to the cafe...I am bothered at how Erin makes out how difficult lulu makes everything...Erin, those woman have lost babies, had little ones pass away...and you hide yours away as she depresses you too much. How bleeping sick can you get. Disgusting. But it's all good cause your little crutch tommy is here to make you happy and feel like a mother. 🤬

I’ve followed my life of love and heart of Harper and for ages and seeing them gush over what an amazing mother Erin is makes me question everything. On the one had I’m wondering if I’m just totally getting in wrong in my negative feelings about her because these two women who have done a lot of good and a lot that I respect call her their closest friend. But on the other hand I lose huge respect for Rachel and Jade because how can they not see what’s going on here? How can they read posts like the one about Tom’s 3 month mark last week and think ‘yes that woman is a good mother to Luella’ and all that.

Reactions: 12
I'm not extremely shocked by Rachael supporting her. I don't doubt she loves Mackenzie deeply but she's also said some pretty questionable, unintentionally ableist things. Still, I wonder if people like her realise that most of her audience are deeply offended by Erins content. Who exactly is Erins target audience? She's certainly not raising awareness for anything. Disabled people are repulsed by her blatant ableism and it takes a toll on us to see it supported by people we thought were better than that. I can't speak for grieving parents but they make up a lot of Rachel and Jades followers and I imagine they're disgusted by Erins shameless distance from her sweet little girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve followed my life of love and heart of Harper and for ages and seeing them gush over what an amazing mother Erin is makes me question everything. On the one had I’m wondering if I’m just totally getting in wrong in my negative feelings about her because these two women who have done a lot of good and a lot that I respect call her their closest friend. But on the other hand I lose huge respect for Rachel and Jade because how can they not see what’s going on here? How can they read posts like the one about Tom’s 3 month mark last week and think ‘yes that woman is a good mother to Luella’ and all that.
I echo this.. I stopped last week and thought to myself I wonder if Rach and Jade ever read what Erin says and think they’d go through that in a heartbeat if they could have their children back

Reactions: 6
I echo this.. I stopped last week and thought to myself I wonder if Rach and Jade ever read what Erin says and think they’d go through that in a heartbeat if they could have their children back
I think that’s a little hard to say. Rachel has been quite clear that she and Johnny valued quality over quantity for Mackenzie and that was one of the reasons they chose not to put her in the experimental trial that was around at that time for, I think, Spinraza. I get the impression that they got a bit of judgement from certain people about that, and that they don’t fully align with some other parents of little ones with SMA who did go through the trial, from what she’s shared in snippets. I think Rachel is a wonderful person but definitely some things she has said seem a bit ableist, even though unintentionally so. So I do think maybe Rachel empathises with Erin questioning Lu’s treatment options.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I snapped this screenshot from my heart of Harper today. In the post she said that they were celebrating the women and their milestones and achievements. On Erin she said ‘in her relentless fight out of pure love for Luella and giving her the best possible life she can’
I’m really sorry, but I don’t see how anything she does is out of love or providing Luella with the best possible life. Surgery would be the next option, but this can’t happen because it would impact Erin and her life too much.
I don’t really understand her, as a parent of two myself, I’d walk through hell for my kids even if it means making a horrible decision for a better quality of life.

Attachments

• Wow
I snapped this screenshot from my heart of Harper today. In the post she said that they were celebrating the women and their milestones and achievements. On Erin she said ‘in her relentless fight out of pure love for Luella and giving her the best possible life she can’
I’m really sorry, but I don’t see how anything she does is out of love or providing Luella with the best possible life. Surgery would be the next option, but this can’t happen because it would impact Erin and her life too much.
I don’t really understand her, as a parent of two myself, I’d walk through hell for my kids even if it means making a horrible decision for a better quality of life.
100%. People with children who have cancer don’t have the choice to just sit on it. They go in and fight for their children. Doing months of chemo, hospital stays etc and being away from their other children and they do it with grace and dignity.

Luella needs the surgery sooner rather than later to help make her life better. However erin is letting it degenerate to a point where surgery will no longer be an option.

All because it’s too hard.

I agree that Erin just doesn’t belong in that group. I mean socially maybe she is fine, but her plight is very different to the rest.

she and heart of harper would probably love to trade places, as sad/weird as that might sound. I’m sure Erin would have opted for TFMR if she had known. No judgement on that either, to be clear.

I agree that Erin just doesn’t belong in that group. I mean socially maybe she is fine, but her plight is very different to the rest.

she and heart of harper would probably love to trade places, as sad/weird as that might sound. I’m sure Erin would have opted for TFMR if she had known. No judgement on that either, to be clear.

I agree and no judgement at all!

Her plight is the exact opposite of everyone else in thay group. I really don’t see how Rachel can praise Erin when she isn’t doing what’s in Luella’s best interest or even taking more than a cursory glance at Luella’s needs. Every post I see on here, I don’t follow Erin for very obvious reasons, she talks about how whatever Luella is going through impacts HER LIFE. Not Luella’s life, but Erin’s life. It’s no way for a child to live and Erin doesn’t come across as maternal.
Tom will have a lot of issues growing up as the ‘perfect’ child, similar to how I feel Zac (Rachel’s son) will grow up. Constant comparing and ‘missed moments’. The perfect ‘replacement’ child will always be on a pedestal and that’s no way for a child to grow up.

Sorry, that’s a lot!

Reactions: 8
I appreciate this thread always discussing Luella and concerned for her best interests as well as asking some really insightful questions. In regard to the group Erin has been placed in, the other women choose to make meaning from whatever loss they have. There’s a sense of growth from the trauma they’ve experienced. It doesn’t appear Erin has gotten to that stage. And as someone who knows someone with epilepsy who had seizures occurring in all areas of the brain, if you can have surgery, do it. Stop holding Luella up to other kids and this fantasy of a life owed. Nothing is owed to us.

I truly don’t believe Erin will ever consent to surgery. She is so ableist that she can’t handle the thought or Lu becoming ‘more disabled’ than she already is, not grasping the fact that MANY, if not most, people who have a hemi go on to live satisfying, vastly more ‘normal’ lives than they ever could have with epilepsy. I hate Erin. Who does this to their child? Sure, the hemi may not be successful, BUT IT MIGHT. She is depriving Luella of that chance. All the whole acting like she is the only mother who has ever walked this journey.

Erin, you may just be. You may just be the only parent selfish enough to put themselves and their own fears ahead of the best interests of their child. Congratulations.

• Heart
I agree and no judgement at all!

Her plight is the exact opposite of everyone else in thay group. I really don’t see how Rachel can praise Erin when she isn’t doing what’s in Luella’s best interest or even taking more than a cursory glance at Luella’s needs. Every post I see on here, I don’t follow Erin for very obvious reasons, she talks about how whatever Luella is going through impacts HER LIFE. Not Luella’s life, but Erin’s life. It’s no way for a child to live and Erin doesn’t come across as maternal.
Tom will have a lot of issues growing up as the ‘perfect’ child, similar to how I feel Zac (Rachel’s son) will grow up. Constant comparing and ‘missed moments’. The perfect ‘replacement’ child will always be on a pedestal and that’s no way for a child to grow up.

Sorry, that’s a lot!
I don’t get that vibe about Zac at all. Tommy, yes, but not Zac. I don’t think Rachel and Johnny see him as some perfect replacement child. They wanted siblings for Mackenzie but not a replacement. I get the impression they are working hard to still honour her in their lives while letting Zac have his own identity. I’m sure for any loss parent there will be moments of comparison or longing for the same with the lost child.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.