Erin - Little.Lulu.Love #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand why everything has to be a dig at ‘typical parents’ - we aren’t in competition with each other, we aren’t in each others shoes no do we know each others struggles. Maybe we don’t have children who face the same challenges Luella does - but we also maybe don’t have as many (if any) of the great many privileges that Erin does. This constant comparison and assuming everyone who doesn’t have a child like Luella (or just Luella because in Erin’s mind Luella presents the most significant challenges of any child ever to exist) just is swanning about having an amazingly easy happy brilliant time of parenting.

Attachments

Reactions: 21
I don’t understand why everything has to be a dig at ‘typical parents’ - we aren’t in competition with each other, we aren’t in each others shoes no do we know each others struggles. Maybe we don’t have children who face the same challenges Luella does - but we also maybe don’t have as many (if any) of the great many privileges that Erin does. This constant comparison and assuming everyone who doesn’t have a child like Luella (or just Luella because in Erin’s mind Luella presents the most significant challenges of any child ever to exist) just is swanning about having an amazingly easy happy brilliant time of parenting.
She is so infuriating! So closed minded and absolutely zero awareness of the many other issues 'typical' parents can have. What even does a typical parent mean? Care to explain that Erin?

Reactions: 11
She is a wealthy white woman - that in itself puts her far ahead of the challenges that many parents of ‘typical’ children’s face who do not have the privileges that she has.

Reactions: 17
Oh boo hoo Erin you have to actually attend Lu’s therapy now you don’t have Chrystal doing all the parenting for you

Reactions: 16
Such a weird little dig at the end. But very on brand for her, to have to big herself up at the same time as putting others down.

Reactions: 8
No other typical parent can possibly fathom the level of mental exhaustion that Erin faces 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I always think at NAPA she needs to dial it down ! She talks over the top of the therapists and screams and shrieks over the the top of their instruction to Luella. Plus the constant filming !! Lu definitely doesn’t seem as happy w Erin there. She was much happy w Chrystal taking her and her not trying to be the star of the show.

Therapy is for us parents to listen and gain education from the therapists to better help our children at home. Then our children get the therapy techniques each day.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
All of my kids therapists (yes Erin some of us have multiple children with multiple disabilties with a minimum of 4 therapists each and up to 10 for my complex one, imagine!!!) have said therapy is only 20% of it. the other 80% is home/environmental implementation of what’s been practised/what goals are being worked towards. She would be such a bleeping lunatic there. You can tell she hasn’t been the one attending with her this entire damn time. Plenty of us do multiple allied health appointments between multiple kids every week for years.
For such a know it all an advocate she’s really damn clueless.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Here we go again … Erin deciding that they won’t do the 24hr EEG as she was only told last minute… she thought it was only overnight…
Won’t do the full EEG as Luella has 2 appointments the next day she can’t cancel… wtf

Every time she doesn’t listen to doctors and does whatever the hell she wants !

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Here we go again … Erin deciding that they won’t do the 24hr EEG as she was only told last minute… she thought it was only overnight…
Won’t do the full EEG as Luella has 2 appointments the next day she can’t cancel… wtf

Every time she doesn’t listen to doctors and does whatever the hell she wants !
I’ll bet good money she was told it would be at least an overnight eeg with the possibility of it being 24 hours.. she would’ve “forgotten that bit”

also Erin, they never tell you eeg results on the spot. It’s not a punishment to you leaving early. Not everyone is out to get you

Reactions: 22
I’ll bet good money she was told it would be at least an overnight eeg with the possibility of it being 24 hours.. she would’ve “forgotten that bit”

also Erin, they never tell you eeg results on the spot. It’s not a punishment to you leaving early. Not everyone is out to get you
Just saw the next story that it’s punishment for not staying…
She is just awful and such a victim
Can she ever go to an appointment on time, do what us asked for Luella’s benefit and not go into every appointment so negative and hoping for the worst ??

Reactions: 15
They have hours and hours of data to analyse. Surely she can understand it’s better to take the time to review the data and draw the correct conclusions, even if it takes longer

I was thinking that! I’ve never been told on the spot and both my kids have had EEGs. Is that a thing?

Reactions: 10
No, it's not a thing. They have to review the data in detail and write a report on it. Whilst Erin thinks its a punishment for her, this applies to EVERYONE. Imagine if they told you on the spot only to then get some different information from the report. She would be shrieking from the hills about the inconsistency of it all.

Also how much you want to bet that there isn't even appointments booked? What could be more important? The fact she hasn't clarified makes me think it's just a power play for her. The same as making them wait for her because Lu is asleep in the car. Any normal person would take their child in anyway because that is more important

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why is she constantly in battle with the hospital? Overnight vs 24 hours really isn’t that different. Why fight it? Embrace the chaos. If tomorrows appt are allied health or NDIS- call and explain. They get it. Hospital takes priority.

What nonsense from her about therapy this morning. Mentally exhausting? 😤 quiet down, listen, learn, encourage make it fun. Lu isn’t lazy. How sad thinking about Erin’s approach of pushing and motivating. Physio is tough and it seems no Erin goes along it’s just gotten tougher.
---
The pram! I forgot about the pram due to the other stories.

I hope they get L a proper supported pram soon.She already looks to big for this new one. I know it’s hard with two little ones. But the snark in me assume that Erin doesn’t want to be seen with a wheel chair or a disability stroller.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why is she constantly in battle with the hospital? Overnight vs 24 hours really isn’t that different. Why fight it? Embrace the chaos. If tomorrows appt are allied health or NDIS- call and explain. They get it. Hospital takes priority.

What nonsense from her about therapy this morning. Mentally exhausting? 😤 quiet down, listen, learn, encourage make it fun. Lu isn’t lazy. How sad thinking about Erin’s approach of pushing and motivating. Physio is tough and it seems no Erin goes along it’s just gotten tougher.
---

I hope they get L a proper supported pram soon.She already looks to big for this new one. I know it’s hard with two little ones. But the snark in me assume that Erin doesn’t want to be seen with a wheel chair or a disability stroller.
Almost certainly. Considering the extent of her disabilities it’s questionable she doesn’t have any assistive technology. Wait until she goes through the process of that!! 🤦🏻‍♀️ (8 weeks so far excluding manufacturing for a paed manual wheelchair here and we’re still waiting for the approval!). She literally has nooooo idea.
---
PS erin; all of us wait for eeg results. ALL. OF. US. even the untrained eye gets a good vibe of what’s going on, they still need to analyse hours of data. Stop being precious.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

---

100% was thinking the same thing. Surely Luella needs a properly supported device like a wheelchair.
---
Also she looked so cute playing with her toy in the backseat of the car and it just makes me angry that Erin has said numerous times her future is hopeless. Even if she can’t walk, toilet herself or communicate verbally she still deserves a happy and fulfilled life with her own little friends and activities.

Reactions: 14
I’m surprised we haven’t had 50 stories already about how noisy the hospital is and how inconsiderate every other person within 100 yards is.

Reactions: 10
What a load of tit Wrin spins yet again, stay for 24’hours and of Lumfalls asleep in the car sometimes you have to wake kids up Erin you fool. Honestly everything has to be on her terms and yet again she is neglecting Lus needs by refusing the 24 hour stay.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.