Erin - Little.Lulu.Love #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The other part of this is that if Erin had spent time taking Luella herself to get to know the parents in her class and building that relationship then they also would have made an effort to come along to a party for Lu.
I’m still wondering how she can definitively claim that Lu has no friends and that no one would come to a party if she’s never bothered to go to daycare to see for herself. How would she possibly know?

Attachments

Reactions: 25
The other part of this is that if Erin had spent time taking Luella herself to get to know the parents in her class and building that relationship then they also would have made an effort to come along to a party for Lu.
Exactly this. At preschool age their friendships are so much about the parents facilitating things and less about the kids organising themselves. It’s that way for kids on all ends of the health spectrum. It’s OUR job as parents to give them these relationships and opportunities and Erin is solely responsible for not making any effort in this area.

Reactions: 18
I’m still wondering how she can definitively claim that Lu has no friends and that no one would come to a party if she’s never bothered to go to daycare to see for herself. How would she possibly know?
I had to re-read that Q&A so many times. At first I thought it was an old question as it says her FiRST birthday next month. But also so sad that Erin doesn’t even try with to do anything for Lu socially. My little one didn’t have any friends for quite some time w his autism but we still tried to have play dates and I would catch up w other mums. He started kindy this year and has loads of friends. But yes you have to try and make the connections w the other parents to facilitate the friendships when they’re little and lack the communication skills.
---
Yeah the encephalopathy will cause the hypotonia, as well as the limb rigidity (when she extends her arms and locks her legs) and involuntary movements. Her diagnosis has affected every part of her development ☹.

I would be interested to know what her plan is if she is sending Tom off to daycare. Probably have the carers looking after Lu and then hanging around doing whatever she wants under the guise of needing to be present.

I would also put money on her having bullied a doctor to get a medical exemption for Tom, so they can get the subsidy. 100000% Erin would do this.
Thanks for explaining this. I have a sibling w epilepsy and has horrific seizures that result in injury each time. But only got it as a late teen so didn’t have any low muscle tone and was a great athlete. But mentally he changed from the medication I think. No emotion and very vague. It’s quite sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
One of my daughter’s best friends is a little boy who’s autistic. They don’t talk much when they’re playing but they have a great time and are always excited to see each other. He has particular ways he likes to play and she’s happy to line up cars or find him sticks or whatever he’s into that day. His mum is an amazing advocate for him and had all the school stuff sussed out by the time he was three.

Not ever going to daycare with Lu or making an effort to understand the school system is insane. Lu really isn’t the issue here. It’s her parents who want to focus on all the things she isn’t or can’t do.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think most parents would go to more effort to attend a party for Lu and make sure it was special and that their kids played with her. Most parents would be willing to help her out at drop offs or hold Tom for a bit while she managed Lu. Even if they didn’t like Erin. Most parents would be willing to catch up with her for coffee (at least once, maybe wouldn’t go back a second time 😂).

Complains about not having a village (obviously she does 🤪), but then doesn’t bother turning up to daycare where she could meet other parents? Doesn’t want to send her to a special school, where she’d meet (or should meet 🙄) other parents of children with complex needs. THAT’S your village.

Reactions: 27
I think most parents would go to more effort to attend a party for Lu and make sure it was special and that their kids played with her. Most parents would be willing to help her out at drop offs or hold Tom for a bit while she managed Lu. Even if they didn’t like Erin. Most parents would be willing to catch up with her for coffee (at least once, maybe wouldn’t go back a second time 😂).

Complains about not having a village (obviously she does 🤪), but then doesn’t bother turning up to daycare where she could meet other parents? Doesn’t want to send her to a special school, where she’d meet (or should meet 🙄) other parents of children with complex needs. THAT’S your village.
Agree, decent people would go above and beyond to make the day special for Lu. Not Erin of course but others.

Reactions: 13
Agree, decent people would go above and beyond to make the day special for Lu. Not Erin of course but others.
That’s probably why she assumes there’s no point in trying to make an effort with other parents to connect Lu with her peers because she would never give the time of day to another disabled child. She assumes everyone else is the same as her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Tom walking to hand Dave a gift, "I so wish both our kids could do this for you."
It's just...why does she have to always look at Lu through such a deficit focused lens. The NDIS and society in general will do this, because this is all they know. Has she not discovered the social model of disability, or the neurodiversity movement? #advocate, right.
Lu is RIGHT THERE. In the photos she's shared today, Lu looks happy, cheerful, cheeky, engaged in what she loves (Wiggles, toys, climbing the play couch that Erin always pulls her down from), regulated....all the things a parent could ever want for their child. But all Erin sees is the fact that Lu is not walking. UGH.

What will it take to get through to her? She is going to spend Lu's entire life wishing Lu were different. & she's going to miss out on the sweet, cheeky, determined little girl she is. THAT'S the real tragedy. Not disability. Not epilepsy. The real tragedy is Erin.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Yet again something that Luella CAN’T do! Always always focusing on the negatives. If she wasn’t so pretty and cute I wonder if she would get ANY attention from her mum.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
I k
Tom walking to hand Dave a gift, "I so wish both our kids could do this for you."
It's just...why does she have to always look at Lu through such a deficit focused lens. The NDIS and society in general will do this, because this is all they know. Has she not discovered the social model of disability, or the neurodiversity movement? #advocate, right.
Lu is RIGHT THERE. In the photos she's shared today, Lu looks happy, cheerful, cheeky, engaged in what she loves (Wiggles, toys, climbing the play couch that Erin always pulls her down from), regulated....all the things a parent could ever want for their child. But all Erin sees is the fact that Lu is not walking. UGH.

What will it take to get through to her? She is going to spend Lu's entire life wishing Lu were different. & she's going to miss out on the sweet, cheeky, determined little girl she is. THAT'S the real tragedy. Not disability. Not epilepsy. The real tragedy is Erin.
I know! Erin is such an idiot,

Reactions: 4
Yet again something that Luella CAN’T do! Always always focusing on the negatives. If she wasn’t so pretty and cute I wonder if she would get ANY attention from her mum.
They literally can do it both together, she’s just chosen not to facilitate Lulu to be able to do this.

Reactions: 17
I mean when they’re babies they can’t walk and hand you the gift, they sit there with you! It’s the same thing!!

Reactions: 7
Lu can definitely do this. Why can’t she hand her Dad a present ? Lu can stand and crawl and atleast sit w a present and hand it to her Dad.

Erin is always so negative and such a victim

Lu’s fave is poor joy and she can do so much of Erin would let herself see it.

Reactions: 19
I wonder if Erin donated any of the $100k from the GFM that her and her husband didn’t really need (they live on a single income, renting in the eastern suburbs of Sydney whilst also building a two storey house in the eastern suburbs of Sydney with a dedicated interior designer and going on overseas holidays) to charity

Attachments

Reactions: 9
I wonder if Erin donated any of the $100k from the GFM that her and her husband didn’t really need (they live on a single income, renting in the eastern suburbs of Sydney whilst also building a two storey house in the eastern suburbs of Sydney with a dedicated interior designer and going on overseas holidays) to charity
Nope they used it apparently

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She is so lazy.. never does the research for Lu’s therapy, wouldn’t they also need to be NDIS accredited and other things that would be suited to Lu. Sydney is a big place ! You don’t just do a mass call out like that ! But was thinking Napa aren’t doing their job if she truly had no idea about the school situation. Therapists are meant to be writing reports and recommendations for school etc

Reactions: 13
I’m just thankful she’s looking for four hours of speech therapy a week!!

Also, that’s around $800 plus travel costs if it’s in home 😵💫

Reactions: 9
Meanwhile the rest of us that don’t have a big platform have to sit on waiting lists for speech in Sydney 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeh that’s what got me. Speech wait lists are 6 months +, this entitled person puts a call out with the aim of bypassing that. So much wrong with that. Makes my blood boil

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.