Erin - Little.Lulu.Love #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All of her pushback against anything hospital related with Lu just screams denial to me. Denial that this is their reality. And it’s heartbreaking because the only person who truly suffers because of this is Lu. Imagine how enriched this little girls life could be if Erin wasn’t in such toxic denial. Imagine.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think Erin has a lot of hospital trauma which is understandable in the sense that going to hospital and receiving that diagnosis would definitely be traumatic. But now she’s let that affect Luella’s care by leaving as soon as she can instead of staying for the whole test.

If she absolutely cannot tolerate being in hospital for that length of time then spineless husband could surely take a carers/sick day and do it given the importance. You would think she would want them to have as much information as possible given it sounds like they will use this to decide if they recommend surgery or not.

Reactions: 12
I think Erin has a lot of hospital trauma which is understandable in the sense that going to hospital and receiving that diagnosis would definitely be traumatic. But now she’s let that affect Luella’s care by leaving as soon as she can instead of staying for the whole test.

If she absolutely cannot tolerate being in hospital for that length of time then spineless husband could surely take a carers/sick day and do it given the importance. You would think she would want them to have as much information as possible given it sounds like they will use this to decide if they recommend surgery or not.
Agreed! If Rachel (mylifeoflove) can enter the hospital where her daughter died when her sons need care then Erin can spend 24 hours in a hospital where her daughter needs care (especially given the hospital she’s in isn’t the one they spent the majority of Luella’s early admissions - not to downplay hospital trauma at all, I totally understand that and how debilitating it can be but she’s actively causing further harm with this)

Reactions: 16
I feel like something like an EEG which gives a current picture of her brain and determines the best course of action would probably take precedence over other appointments booked, as inconvenient as that is. She was totally refusing to stay for the 24 hours as she had the shits with the late notice, which fair enough, but surely you rise above that and just get it done.

Reactions: 17
Whilst it would be understandable for Erin to have hospital trauma, I truly believe the underlying issue is control. A hospital is one of the only places, if not the only place, where Erin has little control in what happens and when it happens. She tries to get it where she can by making complaints, changing appointments, delaying appointments, mucking with medications, switching doctors and hospitals, refusing consent etc. Girl has issues.

Reactions: 19
Whilst it would be understandable for Erin to have hospital trauma, I truly believe the underlying issue is control. A hospital is one of the only places, if not the only place, where Erin has little control in what happens and when it happens. She tries to get it where she can by making complaints, changing appointments, delaying appointments, mucking with medications, switching doctors and hospitals, refusing consent etc. Girl has issues.
I often have to return to the hospitals where my daughter was on life support - is it crappy?? Of course. But I can’t avoid it. She needs to be seen for appointments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I wouldn’t expect a hospital to provide me with nappies for a four year old?? My state hospitals don’t even provide nappies or wipes for newborns!! Nothing she’s listed is a crazy or unexpected thing to pack when staying overnight with a child. It’s a hospital, not a hotel.
(I do think they need to be better with supplying things like high chairs, but I doubt she bothered to ask)

Reactions: 21
I am genuinely uncomfortable with her rants about how tit the hospitals are….. I don’t understand what her end game with it is
Is she redirecting her rage at her child’s prognosis at the state of the hospital?
I mean bitching about not having a pillow… really?

Reactions: 21
Didn’t have time to report the ceiling damage, but did have time to snap a quick photo to slam them on socials

Reactions: 26
Just had a quick google. In 2021-2022 there were 158200 children who were cared for by the SCHN. The absolute privilege of her, imagine expecting every child to be given nappies and (wet only) wipes for their entire admissions.

She actually makes me feel sick.

Edited to add, not just any nappies but expecting A grade nappies, not Z grade 😂. The hospitals aren't there to provide necessities for your child. Sure, if you run out of nappies they will have spares. But there shouldn't be the expectation that you're catered for. Ffs.

Reactions: 20
States she didn’t mention it as she was busy leaving, has time to take a photo & this was clearly still in the room. How many people did she have to walk past after this happened? She is one of those people that never want to do anything face to face but will blast anyone on socials

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Here’s a tip…take a dry wipe, run it under the tap and TADAH!!! It’s not rocket science. If they did supply nappies and wipes she’d complain that it wasn’t the exact brand and type that she uses.
---
I’ve been in emergency plenty of times for longer than expected or have been admitted and ran out of nappies. The hospital will find spares. But it’s really not their job to provide them for everyone and I’m happy that it’s not what my tax dollars are being spent on!!

Reactions: 18
God she finds anything to complain about ! She wouldn’t even pay for nappies as NDIS would be paying for them. Why doesn’t she buy some with her own money and donate some to the hospitals ?
She was saying she was still waiting on a 6 figure donation to come in for the epilepsy fundraiser the other night. Why doesn’t she do the same fundraising for the children’s hospitals that she keeps saying are in an appalling state.

Most people doing an overnight stay only would just shower before heading in and then she was going to be home in the morning shower then ?

and TV not working ? Oh wow one Night in hospital not even 24 hours I think you will survive Erin

My husband was months and months in hospital and hospice andI I never ranted once !Things weren’t perfect but the staff lovely and I brought in whatever he needed (with my 3 kids in tow )extra blankets, wipes, PJs, extra food, treats etc etc. I then worked w the hospice for the plans for the future development to outline what would help families like ours (my Husband was the onlyyoung Dad in there with young kids for the 3 months he was there ) to make the experience more comfortable and less terrifying.

Sorry went on a tangent…but her entitlement astounds me !

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The little dig about people “standing around”… I guess they should all be surrounding Lu at all times doing hospital things for it to make Erin’s while. Jesus fecking Christ- parents like her would put me off paediatric nursing.

Reactions: 12
Possibly the state of the hospitals are dire. I know they are in Victoria. But I’m just wondering what she’s doing to address this, apart from whine on instagram? Is she looking at politicians who might affect the change she wants and raising awareness for them? Is she tagging local MPs to ask the question re the funding? Just constant complaining with no action, especially when she has literally the biggest motivation to take action, her little girl, does my head in.

Reactions: 9
S
Possibly the state of the hospitals are dire. I know they are in Victoria. But I’m just wondering what she’s doing to address this, apart from whine on instagram? Is she looking at politicians who might affect the change she wants and raising awareness for them? Is she tagging local MPs to ask the question re the funding? Just constant complaining with no action, especially when she has literally the biggest motivation to take action, her little girl, does my head in.
Shes In Nsw and staying at Sydney children’s hospital at randwick. I’ve stayed on the neuro ward multiple times, there’s nothing wrong with it. She’s nit picking.
And questioning where their fundraising money has gone 🥴

Reactions: 7
S

Shes In Nsw and staying at Sydney children’s hospital at randwick. I’ve stayed on the neuro ward multiple times, there’s nothing wrong with it. She’s nit picking.
And questioning where their fundraising money has gone 🥴
I think they’re at Westmead now because Randwick was where they had issues and she put the neuro on blast. Doesn’t make a difference, she’s horrible about them both.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.