Erin - Little.Lulu.Love #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeh that’s what got me. Speech wait lists are 6 months +, this entitled person puts a call out with the aim of bypassing that. So much wrong with that. Makes my blood boil
Six plus months if you’re lucky!! Waitlists are more like two years where I am 😵💫. I think probably triaged and prioritised to a certain extent, but speech wait times are awful in general.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I still can’t get over the fact they haven’t design their house around Lus needs? Like they’ve employed architects and would be costing millions but didn’t get in anyone to actually talk them through how to set up their house for their disabled daughter?

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I still can’t get over the fact they haven’t design their house around Lus needs? Like they’ve employed architects and would be costing millions but didn’t get in anyone to actually talk them through how to set up their house for their disabled daughter?
Exactly. I know she mentioned that they don’t know the extent of L needs right now. But it’s very sad that given they have resources and an architect that they haven’t approached the design with ideas of how to plan for the future. She’s just in denial though isn’t she.

Reactions: 9
Exactly. I know she mentioned that they don’t know the extent of L needs right now. But it’s very sad that given they have resources and an architect that they haven’t approached the design with ideas of how to plan for the future. She’s just in denial though isn’t she.
She doesn’t want to modify her new house because she doesn’t want anyone with a disability living there. Lulu can live on the ground floor with a day/night nurse and the family can live their life upstairs! Truly that’s what I get out of her comments.

Reactions: 18
She doesn’t want to modify her new house because she doesn’t want anyone with a disability living there. Lulu can live on the ground floor with a day/night nurse and the family can live their life upstairs! Truly that’s what I get out of her comments.
100 percent what I think.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
That’s exactly my feeling as well. It all crystallized for me when she was talking about possibly keeping Lu in the guest bedroom downstairs instead of designing the whole home with accommodations.

In regards to designing the house for her future needs, it would be exceedingly easy, regardless of them knowing specifically what her condition will be a few years down the road. Any decent architect is well-versed in accessibility requirements. I’m not in Australia but I’m assuming the licensing requirements are very similar to where I am and they are required to know these things to pass their tests and maintain their license. In fact, I would be very surprised if the architect wasn’t proactive in asking them if they should be incorporating those things in the home now (assuming they even know Luella exists). For her to say that they haven’t thought about it at this late stage tells me that she and Dave are going out of their way to avoid it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
It’s just so sad. Imagine having all that money and resources at your disposal and not doing everything that you can for that child.

Saying they don’t know what she’ll need in the future is a cop out. Pathetic.

Reactions: 17
Just as an example of how uncomplicated it would be to plan for Lu’s future needs the architect could very easily design the house with a future lift in mind. All they would have to do is draw in storage closets large enough to accommodate a residential elevator cab and stack them on top of each other, on the ground floor and upper floor, creating a future lift shaft which empties out onto a widened hallway to accommodate a wheelchair (min. 92 cm). And then, when the time came that she was no longer mobile, they would purchase and install the residential lift in that space. Easy peasy.

Reactions: 12
The worst thing she said is that Lu may end up living downstairs, that’s horrible. I honestly can’t get over her saying that.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
When she said all that and they didn’t know what the future holds after saying in the podcast Lu would NEVER WALK etc etc…(so she knows that she would need a lift in the future) it made me think the worst that it wasn’t worth putting in the accessibility/ mobility measures in for Lu..
But in recent stories she seems much happier to be with Lu. So that’s a nice thing to see. As Lu really is just poor joy!

Reactions: 7
The worst thing she said is that Lu may end up living downstairs, that’s horrible. I honestly can’t get over her saying that.
Yes same. Just shows how disconnected she is. She’s got the night nurse for Luella and she looks after the baby who wakes what did she say, once a night?
---
When she said all that and they didn’t know what the future holds after saying in the podcast Lu would NEVER WALK etc etc…(so she knows that she would need a lift in the future) it made me think the worst that it wasn’t worth putting in the accessibility/ mobility measures in for Lu..
But in recent stories she seems much happier to be with Lu. So that’s a nice thing to see. As Lu really is just poor joy!
She’s so fake. Just a smile for the camera.

Reactions: 7
Why does she keep saying she doesn’t know what the future holds and also that Lu will never walk? If she knows she will never walk, why not put a fecking lift in now.

Reactions: 10
Why does she keep saying she doesn’t know what the future holds and also that Lu will never walk? If she knows she will never walk, why not put a fecking lift in now.
Exactly !!!! She is the one who keeps saying she will never walk. So put the lift in already rather than spending millions on a custom build that is aesthetically pleasing but not functional for their family

Reactions: 5
It’s just so sad. Imagine having all that money and resources at your disposal and not doing everything that you can for that child.

Saying they don’t know what she’ll need in the future is a cop out. Pathetic.
Denial is strong in this one. Devastatingly, life-alteringly strong 😪

Reactions: 5
It’s simple things like hoists in her bedroom, bathroom, lifts etc. she’s going to get bigger and heavier and if she won’t be able to walk. Plan for that!!!

Like what person does not even think about this?????

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.