Equestrian Influencers #6 Eeeeeeeeek time for a new thready thread thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Lucy but just watching her video of receiving so many gifted items from her sponsors in the magnolia cup I assume and it just makes you wonder what the point in working is and hate influencer culture, I’d never have the money to buy all those things 🥲 just having a jealous moment

Reactions: 1
I love Lucy but just watching her video of receiving so many gifted items from her sponsors in the magnolia cup I assume and it just makes you wonder what the point in working is and hate influencer culture, I’d never have the money to buy all those things 🥲 just having a jealous moment
It just forms a cycle doesn’t it. They get gifted lovely things & opportunities so there Instagram looks better & more interesting, so they get more followers & then get more things gifted. It’s so hard to watch when Im busting a gut on a minimum wage long hour groom job.

Reactions: 6
Lily’s Crystal is in foal again this year to a 16.3!! What the hell. Crystal is 14h/14.1 I believe! Surely that’s not how it works?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Who are the smaller accounts/channels you follow, I need recommendations, but can never find anyone I like! I like Eventergirlprobs and her style even though she's American, the only problem is she only uploads once a month.
I really want to find similar accounts/channels!
I love @sillyprune on TikTok - bailing twine will fix it!! I also like watching @thehorsechapter on Instagram - she’s got some really nice hacking. She’s got lots of followers now from a viral reel but she’s not really and influencer…I also like @Elenagrout - she’s a showjumper! Seems normal too

And also keeps her private life “private” so just horse content
I think all horsey accounts should to a certain extent. I don’t want to know about someones personal life to much if I don’t know them. I just want decent horse content that I can relate to. I loved Meg’s vlogs when Holly taught her I felt like I could use some of her tips with my own horse.

Reactions: 5
Lily’s Crystal is in foal again this year to a 16.3!! What the hell. Crystal is 14h/14.1 I believe! Surely that’s not how it works?
Very common to put smaller mares to a bigger stallion, especially if a native breed. Foal only grows as big as the mare can carry. That stallion has been out to a lot of small native mares and all seem to not have an issue.

I think all horsey accounts should to a certain extent. I don’t want to know about someones personal life to much if I don’t know them. I just want decent horse content that I can relate to. I loved Meg’s vlogs when Holly taught her I felt like I could use some of her tips with my own horse.
I agree, I hate it when i’ve followed an account for their horse content and i’m then just seeing selfies on my feed lol

Reactions: 6
It just forms a cycle doesn’t it. They get gifted lovely things & opportunities so there Instagram looks better & more interesting, so they get more followers & then get more things gifted. It’s so hard to watch when Im busting a gut on a minimum wage long hour groom job.
Yep if you’re a brand it makes business sense to send your items to an account with an active following. More active followers = more engagement = more revenue generated for the brand.

Reactions: 2
Here’s a question for you all-

What would you want to see from influencers? What videos ect? Mainly incase any smaller accounts (or even bigger ones) are watching! We always complain about them but let’s try and give them some ideas?

I feel like the only people that do well are the ones with big flashy horses, or that compete every 2 days! So also link some smaller accounts cos I love watching them, but need a break from these big accounts

Reactions: 5
Esme’s dad does the filming and she edits them. I think her brother used to help out filming but not sure if he still does. She’s super clean, doesn’t ever rise or hate and is well paid for it. Perfect for all ages.

Meg makes me laugh because I think she’s realised this and tries to copy but can’t help getting sucked into the VE squad drama. She’s kind of like 12+ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Here’s a question for you all-

What would you want to see from influencers? What videos ect? Mainly incase any smaller accounts (or even bigger ones) are watching! We always complain about them but let’s try and give them some ideas?

I feel like the only people that do well are the ones with big flashy horses, or that compete every 2 days! So also link some smaller accounts cos I love watching them, but need a break from these big accounts
For me it’s the people that aren’t oozing privilege that I enjoy watching most. I know horses are a luxury and all that jazz, but I do get fed up of seeing very wealthy individuals constantly getting given stuff for free, and as a parent I’m mindful that my children are watching kids like Harlow and Frankie, and young people like Esme, and life probably starts feeling a bit unfair to them given we don’t have access to all the things they do. It’s not so much jealousy (although, of course, I’d love to be able to give them that kind of life), but more an awareness that I can’t, and constantly having it shoved in their faces must suck a bit and feel totally unattainable.

I enjoy seeing people have good wholesome fun with horses, and care less about competition results, but then I don’t compete so perhaps that’s why. I don’t mind influencers doing sponsored ads and products etc, but I like them to at least be creative with it.

Reactions: 7
So put in the hours and become an influencer? They have worked for those gifts and in the end they’d probably rather be paid actual money. I know I couldn’t do it and I don’t begrudge any influencer the benefits of what they’ve built because I’m sure they went unpaid for a long time.

It is annoying that Lucy never mentions her boyfriend’s connection to Fairfax & Favor.

Reactions: 3
Until I saw it posted here, I had no idea that Lucy's boyfriend was an owner of Fairfax and Favour. Does she keep it quiet? I watch a lot of her videos and never heard her mention it. Makes me feel a bit weird lol, like it's some sort of secret and I find it odd she doesn't disclose it when talking about sponsors etc..

Reactions: 8
So put in the hours and become an influencer? They have worked for those gifts and in the end they’d probably rather be paid actual money. I know I couldn’t do it and I don’t begrudge any influencer the benefits of what they’ve built because I’m sure they went unpaid for a long time.

It is annoying that Lucy never mentions her boyfriend’s connection to Fairfax & Favor.
I don’t want to be an influencer. I want to live in a world where everyone gets paid fairly and have equal opportunities which I feel being an influencer highlights the massive problems we have going on the world regarding privilege 🙂

Reactions: 11
The mare decides the size of the foal however it's recommended not to go more than a hand bigger than the mare. Doesn't look good on the stud does it. Plus breeding a double dilute to a grey is mostly pointless.

Until I saw it posted here, I had no idea that Lucy's boyfriend was an owner of Fairfax and Favour. Does she keep it quiet? I watch a lot of her videos and never heard her mention it. Makes me feel a bit weird lol, like it's some sort of secret and I find it odd she doesn't disclose it when talking about sponsors etc..
And her yard is his family's place too.

The mare decides the size of the foal however it's recommended not to go more than a hand bigger than the mare. Doesn't look good on the stud does it. Plus breeding a double dilute to a grey is mostly pointless.

And her yard is his family's place too.
Breeding a double dilute to a grey is absolutely not pointless without knowing the zygosity of the grey. If Crystal is heterozygous for grey the foal only has 50% chance of being grey. Depending on Crystal's base colour (before going grey) the foal could still be buckskin, palomino or smokey black depending on the stallion's genetics.

However, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable breeding a 14h to a 16.3. It's not entirely true that a mare only grows to the right size, otherwise no mares would have problems foaling would they?

Reactions: 3
Breeding a double dilute to a grey is absolutely not pointless without knowing the zygosity of the grey. If Crystal is heterozygous for grey the foal only has 50% chance of being grey. Depending on Crystal's base colour (before going grey) the foal could still be buckskin, palomino or smokey black depending on the stallion's genetics.

However, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable breeding a 14h to a 16.3. It's not entirely true that a mare only grows to the right size, otherwise no mares would have problems foaling would they?
That is why you should know the genetics of the mare before you breed (Including diseases.. but that's a whole other thing).
And yes, but some mares are bred to similar or smaller sized stallions can have larger foals and have problems. Or they can have smaller foals and have problems. I don't agree with the size difference.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.