Equestrian Influencers #6 Eeeeeeeeek time for a new thready thread thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[
Until I saw it posted here, I had no idea that Lucy's boyfriend was an owner of Fairfax and Favour. Does she keep it quiet? I watch a lot of her videos and never heard her mention it. Makes me feel a bit weird lol, like it's some sort of secret and I find it odd she doesn't disclose it when talking about sponsors etc..
Not sure why she needs to disclose it if she isn’t actually sponsored by them. It wouldn’t surprise me if she did some work for them if she has time.

Reactions: 7
That is why you should know the genetics of the mare before you breed (Including diseases.. but that's a whole other thing).
And yes, but some mares are bred to similar or smaller sized stallions can have larger foals and have problems. Or they can have smaller foals and have problems. I don't agree with the size difference.
Native mares are proven to carry foals from bigger stallions far better. There are risks with foaling at any stage with any mare and any stallion. People are just picking at it unnecessarily

The mare decides the size of the foal however it's recommended not to go more than a hand bigger than the mare. Doesn't look good on the stud does it. Plus breeding a double dilute to a grey is mostly pointless.

And her yard is his family's place too.
It’s not pointless if you’re not going for colour and instead the stallions’s talent and temperament? At what point did she say she was breeding for colour

Reactions: 4
The mare decides the size of the foal however it's recommended not to go more than a hand bigger than the mare. Doesn't look good on the stud does it. Plus breeding a double dilute to a grey is mostly pointless.

And her yard is his family's place too.
Don’t forget she used to work for them too… 🙃

Reactions: 1
Tina: "I have to admit I haven't had either of my saddles checked for years. Which as an influencer is bad of me, I should be promoting getting it checked regularly."

Nevermind about being an influencer Tina, this should be about your horse's welfare not what people think of you 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 15
But but but, didn’t Banks have that stage where he was struggling a bit, needed pads and a summer clip? Pretty sure that’s a good time to do the whole check the teeth, saddle and back?!?

ALSO hasn’t she said before he can be ‘interesting’ to get on sometimes and has bucked her off like this before. Sorry but you would 100% get everything checked

Reactions: 10
I actually don't think Banksy looks totally comfortable anyway. Not necessarily lame, but I think he looks a bit stiffer behind especially when it comes to jumping.

Reactions: 10
But but but, didn’t Banks have that stage where he was struggling a bit, needed pads and a summer clip? Pretty sure that’s a good time to do the whole check the teeth, saddle and back?!?

ALSO hasn’t she said before he can be ‘interesting’ to get on sometimes and has bucked her off like this before. Sorry but you would 100% get everything checked
Absolutely!! I hope Albion do sponsor her so that he will have his saddles checked more regularly. Still can’t believe she didn’t bother to organise it herself. So cross for the poor horse!!!

Tina: "I have to admit I haven't had either of my saddles checked for years. Which as an influencer is bad of me, I should be promoting getting it checked regularly."

Nevermind about being an influencer Tina, this should be about your horse's welfare not what people think of you 😕
it’s interesting how’s she’s worded that response about not getting him checked in 5 years and also interesting that her followers support her or at least seem to, imagine if someone less known came out with thst admission
I bet they wouldn’t get the same level of support and I bet some of the influencers would be calling it out for not keeping with the job description of influencing a standard we should all aspire too 🙄

Absolutely!! I hope Albion do sponsor her so that he will have his saddles checked more regularly. Still can’t believe she didn’t bother to organise it herself. So cross for the poor horse!!!
Exactly no one was criticizing her for not having tried new saddles in 5 years but for not having the one she has checked?! Surely it would have been desperate for reflock?! Hope his mouth was ok after she socked him one and screamed like a 5 year old 🙈

Reactions: 5
Exactly no one was criticizing her for not having tried new saddles in 5 years but for not having the one she has checked?! Surely it would have been desperate for reflock?! Hope his mouth was ok after she socked him one and screamed like a 5 year old 🙈
her Dev is a foam panel saddle so isn't flocked

Reactions: 3
I don’t watch much from her now, what’s the story with socking him & screaming 😱 bloody hell sounds horrific

Reactions: 2
What is it with influencers and driving?! Either driving and holding the camera or driving with no seatbelt!! Lucy’s latest vlog clearly not wearing a seatbelt!!

Reactions: 3
Has anyone ever seen dance moms and one of the mothers has a go at jojo siwa saying * I got this for fwee, I got this for fwee, I got this for fwee*...

It reminds me of this new breed of equestrian beggars sorry I mean influencers.
More content on their horses and less of the grift please, we all know you read here girls you know who you are.

For me it’s the people that aren’t oozing privilege that I enjoy watching most. I know horses are a luxury and all that jazz, but I do get fed up of seeing very wealthy individuals constantly getting given stuff for free, and as a parent I’m mindful that my children are watching kids like Harlow and Frankie, and young people like Esme, and life probably starts feeling a bit unfair to them given we don’t have access to all the things they do. It’s not so much jealousy (although, of course, I’d love to be able to give them that kind of life), but more an awareness that I can’t, and constantly having it shoved in their faces must suck a bit and feel totally unattainable.

I enjoy seeing people have good wholesome fun with horses, and care less about competition results, but then I don’t compete so perhaps that’s why. I don’t mind influencers doing sponsored ads and products etc, but I like them to at least be creative with it.
Because you don't pimp your kids out to the viewing public, never feel bad because your kids don't have because if having what those kids have by parading your own around in front of a camera for pair of Freebie boots or matchy matchy shyte then to hell with that.. Private life is a happy life and your kids will grow up thankful for that

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.