Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a VHS (yeah, I'm old) of Geoff Billington/John Whitaker from the late 90s. Geoff seems like he would be loads of fun, and fab to learn from. Seems to be a thoroughly decent chap
I am probably of around the same vintage and agree. Him winning the Hickstead Derby for the first time aged 52 is one of my favourite moments in sport.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hannah’s Cludo looked at bit off when she bought him and he’s always been really nappy. I personally would have had some further investigations with him. I am surprised no-one around her had suggested it She’s a good little rider though. Does a lot of ‘influencing’ for free 🙈.

Hugh started riding with his ex and I believe realised it was a quick way to be insta famous. Him and his ex share one of the horses (Bee) and there was some drama because he moved away taking Bee with him with the agreement she would always know where she was and be able to see and I believe he stopped that for a while.
I used to talk to his ex on Instagram and quite liked her account, but she’s been quite inactive since the break up. At the time she mentioned his Instagram affected their relationship.

This air up seems to be the new Y food.. I’m so disappointed to see so many accounts I used to like promoting them

Reactions: 6
Own up, who pointed out that RTG horse is overweight 😅 and I can’t believe I am writing this but also if her vet is telling her that fats transforms into muscle then she needs a new vet, that’s literally like saying a size 20 person will excersise and stay a size 20 but will be a ball of muscle not fat, JFC give me strenght

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Own up, who pointed out that RTG horse is overweight 😅 and I can’t believe I am writing this but also if her vet is telling her that fats transforms into muscle then she needs a new vet, that’s literally like saying a size 20 person will excersise and stay a size 20 but will be a ball of muscle not fat, JFC give me strenght
Multiple people I think. But had she recently discovered here? I got blocked on tik tok for saying it will get lammi but not said anything else other than here. And yes Ray if your reading here yes it is abuse. She’s got fatter in the before and after picture not thinnner. Can anyone send baileys her way? Esme’s ponies where no where neat as big as Pepper and she did an excellent job of getting them to loose weight whilst feeding haylage!

Reactions: 7
literally on tiktok she put a photo of her before and her crest is bigger now than it was then! But she’ll delete all the comments saying so

• Haha
I hope the Allstars don’t pick any of them with bigger social media followings I want to watch normal people on it. I think that’s what the program is about not egos trying to boost there fame. Id like the chance to go to other people not the same few.
i think the people doing the selection will be quite careful I believe they have had issues with people thinking they are bigger than the program before.
I don’t think they will. I’m pretty sure Emily applied many years ago (5 or 6 I think) and didn’t get selected because she had a pretty decent following even back then.

Now there’s an idea!! 🤣🤣

She should have definitely bought a more established horse. Let’s face it - she only sold Lola as she wasn’t going to get her to Badminton. I just couldn’t do it. I would have retired Sprite or found someone willing to hack her, done dressage on Lola and bought another now or later if I had all that land at home. I just couldn’t sell because the horse wasn’t “good enough”, not after having her all that time.
you clearly aren’t a competitive rider. People outgrow horses all the time and sell them onto someone more suitable. I do it, and I know lots of people who do the same thing in a much smaller time frame! Bringing horses on and competing them is so much fun and if you are happy keeping at the same level then thats your prerogative, the horse will probably keep going until it can’t anymore and that’s probably what Tina will do with Banksy. But if you are a progressive rider and want to do more advanced classes it’s not fair to push them beyond their limits for something you want to do but the horse isn’t capable of doing. I think what Emily did with Lola was for the best for both of them and if you’ve watched the vlog where she parts ways with her you can clearly see she was heartbroken but she was doing what was best for her and the horse as a “competitive rider”. Also, for a lot of us its bloody expensive having a horse, even as a pet! I doubt it’s as simple as “I would have kept her and bought another” because most people unfortunately don’t have the bank accounts for simply buying another horse - even more so for an established one and that could be the reason why she bought another youngster and not one that was “ready made”.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I am not sure how I feel in response to Matt H selling that beautiful injured horse, I can understand that he can’t compete but I feel that Matt will regret this decision in time, it’s easy when competing to forget that your first love of horses is what drew you in, and to base a horses future on whether or not it can compete is where he is now at. He has the means to support this horse and keep it within his circle, but buy selling him I don’t see a happy future for that horse, my gut feeling is for a few years yes it will likely be ok but if re injury occurs I really feel his fate will be horrible, I truly do. I am sadden that he has chosen to sell him rather than gift him to a friend where he could insure his wellness, and I do believe this is an route he could have gone down, I’ve done it in the past
Really disappointed Matt, really disappointed and I feel Truely sad of the fate that awaits that most beautiful soul of a horse

Reactions: 9
i would love to know which brand it was!! she infuriates me.
anyone knows that fat does not turn into muscle - it’s physiologically impossible
ray there’s little difference between the pics you posted, if anything the before is better. making her look shinier in one pic isn’t fooling anyone

I don’t think they will. I’m pretty sure Emily applied many years ago (5 or 6 I think) and didn’t get selected because she had a pretty decent following even back then.

you clearly aren’t a competitive rider. People outgrow horses all the time and sell them onto someone more suitable. I do it, and I know lots of people who do the same thing in a much smaller time frame! Bringing horses on and competing them is so much fun and if you are happy keeping at the same level then thats your prerogative, the horse will probably keep going until it can’t anymore and that’s probably what Tina will do with Banksy. But if you are a progressive rider and want to do more advanced classes it’s not fair to push them beyond their limits for something you want to do but the horse isn’t capable of doing. I think what Emily did with Lola was for the best for both of them and if you’ve watched the vlog where she parts ways with her you can clearly see she was heartbroken but she was doing what was best for her and the horse as a “competitive rider”. Also, for a lot of us its bloody expensive having a horse, even as a pet! I doubt it’s as simple as “I would have kept her and bought another” because most people unfortunately don’t have the bank accounts for simply buying another horse - even more so for an established one and that could be the reason why she bought another youngster and not one that was “ready made”.
Last time I checked Emily was an amateur rider, no?? Would have thought at that level, the love of the horse and the sport comes first and the cut throat competitiveness second. And this comes from an amateur who does compete and is competitive. But just my own opinion.

Reactions: 2
Oh dear Rhi’s update 😕. She’s a bit of a funny one but I do feel sorry for her, she’s not having much luck!

• Sad
Last time I checked Emily was an amateur rider, no?? Would have thought at that level, the love of the horse and the sport comes first and the cut throat competitiveness second. And this comes from an amateur who does compete and is competitive. But just my own opinion.
yes but by the the looks of things she wants more out riding, hence her selling Lola. Could be why she bought a youngster?? so she can bring on a little superstar? which I think Addie has the scope to do it. Just seen she’s getting a nice long break too which will be nice for them both.

watched Emily and Tinas first vlogs and they look great. The other ones (Lucy and Meg) should be interesting to watch too when they release them. Looks like they’ve changed things a bit with adding the challenges etc… wonder if they’ll do the same for ASA!

Reactions: 2
So RTG has had Pepper 7 years and still not managed to get her to a decent weight. I’m all for losing weight carefully, especially as she had ulcers but 7 years is ridiculous. My vet told me my mare needed to lose weight when she was 1 score above optimal. Pepper has to be right at the top of the body score. Either she’s lying or her vet is crap.

I'm blocked of course because I couldn't keep my trap shut on tiktok.. Many many people have told that woman her horse is fat. Does her vet want to work her magic transformation skills on me because I could do with some of my fat turned into muscle too!

Multiple people I think. But had she recently discovered here? I got blocked on tik tok for saying it will get lammi but not said anything else other than here. And yes Ray if your reading here yes it is abuse. She’s got fatter in the before and after picture not thinnner. Can anyone send baileys her way? Esme’s ponies where no where neat as big as Pepper and she did an excellent job of getting them to loose weight whilst feeding haylage!
She'd never dare actually get that horse on a weigh bridge and get her properly scored. She would much rather bury her head in the sand and pretend to be clueless.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I very much doubt the vet is happy with her weight and definitely wouldn’t have said fat turns to muscle

Reactions: 4
Im so glad a brand contacted her. I wonder will they continue to work with her ? She is not a good role
Model especially when she jags that poor horse constantly in the mouth.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.